You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trolldad.png
Conan.gif
didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg
wnbjm02x.jpg
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 12 years ago

151 ? Crazy ....

Jim

#152 12 years ago

Dude, DCFAN...
You can just quote the part you are wanting to comment on.
No need to blockquote the entire novel.

#154 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Given that there has been nothing good since 2003 (LOTR) and for about 15 years excluding that game

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement. spiderman is absolutely loaded with toys, flow, and some of the best rules ever in any pinball game. Elvis (I sure hate the theme) has a ton of flow, ton of toys, all metal ramps, nothing is cheap on that pin. Pirates is another game loaded with toys and definitely not made on the cheap end (unfortunately not much flow). Tron is extremely fast, fun, and a great looking machine. Haven't seen ACDC premium in person yet, but it sounds like it's actually great also.

Well I beg to differ. All Sterns of late have the same boring rulesets. Tron doesnt have modes and the ear piercing sound is annoying as f. ACDC...lol if thats Sterns best work well...... Sounds good, loooks ok, plays boring. Nothing in there to grab you. Put it along side IM, RS and let me know what the differences are in the playfield. Elvis, god.. no comment.

Spiderman I will agree is not such a bad game, but you know when you are playing it that its a Stern. POTC???? ROFL are you kidding??? Wow what fun! Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship, Left ramp, ship..... Deadset booring cluttered pf.

I loled that you only mentioned 5 pins since LOTR btw heh. During the Williams/Bally days 95% of games were awesome. Given that you have only mentioned 5, this backs up my point. Toys yeah.... Lets go shopping at Target for the toys for Tron and when we run our we can replace the bike with a car.

Mad Gary just says "Ok guys, get all the stuff from the film, chuck it on the playfield and throw some sounds in... dont worry about the game play".

Then you have WOZ. You know straight away that this is not a Stern. Why cos of the effort put in.

#155 12 years ago

It was a good novel, but spidey said it wasn't worth it. Something stopped me after he said TSPP wasn't a fun game.

didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpgdidnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg

#156 12 years ago

Looks like Jersey Jack will be raking it in on this one!

Conan.gifConan.gif

#157 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

TSPP probably "has more" than any other stern and most williams, and the game is not at all fun.

I actually love that game

#158 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Looks like Jersy Jack will be raking it in this this one!

Attachments Conan.gif (78.5 KB, 0 downloads) 13 minutes old

I did like in during the expo that Jack was willing to make 15000 even 25000 thousand games... This guy is a Legend.

#159 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I actually love that game

I think TSSP is a great game!!!

#160 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Dude, DCFAN...
You can just quote the part you are wanting to comment on.
No need to blockquote the entire novel.

That would be fine on a PC, but I was using my IPhone since I have been away all day. Sorry, I will try hard not to do it again like that.
I just went back and fixed it.

#161 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

absocountry2 said:I actually love that game

Same here! I love the game

#162 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Interesting that TSPP is driving opinions on WOZ only because my first games on TSPP, I didn't care for it. Didn't get it. So, when Balcer was announced as WOZ designer in back of my mind I said, Uh Oh. But I played TSPP again for several games at CP Pinball and had a blast. I started to get it and I am sure there's a ton more there I didn't even see. I left thinking, OK, now I know why these pin purists love TSPP. So, encouraged by having him as lead designer on WOZ.

Everyone likes something different -- there's no right or wrong - just what works for you.

#163 12 years ago

Hey Mark you can play my EC WOZ for a considerable time with me before opening yours.
I agreed to this before you had a preorder and the offer will always still stand.

Just FYI
If you still have concerns upon release then you could sell it sealed for full price or possibly more depending on how the title is perceived by the community.

#164 12 years ago

I also like TSPP but different strokes for different folks. Thus the variety in themes layouts and rules. =-)

#165 12 years ago

I'm not the only one far from that! I've got 2 more positions right now for 6500. Plenty of guys have backed out or want out right now!!! Call me, low numbers. Erik 614 937 3228. Funny how the woz group said they would buy and no one made an offer. $6500, jjp doesn't care if they're resold. He does want them back.

#166 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I'm not the only one far from that! I've got 2 more positions right now for 6500. Plenty of guys have backed out or want out right now!!! Call me, low numbers. Erik 614 937 3228. Funny how the woz group said they would buy and no one made an offer. $6500, jjp doesn't care if they're resold. He does want them back.

Thought you got a full refund already!

Also there have been new people signing up on the WOZ board saying they just bought the game. If people are backing out, they have been really quite about it.

#167 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thought you got a full refund already!

Indeed! Why would he order more than one anyway? Hoping WOZ would be the next BBB?

#168 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

TomGWI said:Thought you got a full refund already!

Indeed! Why would he order more than one anyway? Hoping WOZ would be the next BBB?

I know several people waiting on two. Too rich for my blood, but probably a solid bet.

#169 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I guess now we'll see how people really feel about the pf!

Good luck with your sale(s)!

#170 12 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

jarjarisgod said:TomGWI said:Thought you got a full refund already!
I know several people waiting on two. Too rich for my blood, but probably a solid bet.

Seems a bit crazy to me... There were less than 200 BBB's made in the reproduction run. There are 1,000 WOZ LE's. Seems like a bit of a reach to speculate on WOZ the same as BBB. Then again, if people have the money to do it... Why not?

#171 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Hey Mark you can play my EC WOZ for a considerable time with me before opening yours.
I agreed to this before you had a preorder and the offer will always still stand.
Just FYI
If you still have concerns upon release then you could sell it sealed for full price or possibly more depending on how the title is perceived by the community.

I appreciate the offer. I'll definitely open and play mine for a few weeks. Even if I have to re sell it at a slight loss. Unless yours shows up a month before mine or something.

I'm sure WoZ will be a decent game. Just concerned about the flow and not a fan of the design team.

#172 12 years ago

It just dawns on me, that this game doesn't seem to have the traditional above-the-flippers status insert lights. The game breaks the record for playfield inserts. And yet, they've scraped the what 10-15 ones usually used for status only.

I wonder, if they believe that the big a** TV is fully capable of handling that part the communication with the player. To me that sound like a mistake. We don't know the rules yet. I know. But on some games, you rely on the status inserts in ways where it's no option to dwell at the backbox. Monster Bash instruments during multi-ball, for instance.

The Yellow brick road and the names of the characters doesn't seem to relate to specific shots, and may be considered as progression status. But other than that?

#173 12 years ago

Looks pretty cool to me. Lots of flow or little flow can both make for a fun game.

#174 12 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I wonder, if they believe that the big a** TV is fully capable of handling that part the communication with the player. To me that sound like a mistake.

They do. The video of Jack at TPF showed a mock-up of the back glass with score. The screen was divided into four quadrants with various status displays, and the score was along the bottom.

Definitely new and different. Good? We'll all find out together.

#175 12 years ago

Yep there aint no going back with this. DMDs are out, LCDs are in.

#176 12 years ago

Let's hope so. Not a fan of DMD's.

#177 12 years ago

Well. I'm a HUGE fan of DMD's.

Give me tri-colour (3 x 4 bits) and twice the resolution in X and Y. And I will be more than happy with the current (WMS, Stern) size and placement of the screen. Oh, and back to crafted animation - loose the movie sequences. I think it suites the pinball machine perfectly to a united aesthetic - well game.

I'm not saying, that the big screen will not work. We'll have to see about that. But I believe there is a risk of the screen (with high resolution animations etc.) being too dominant over the playfield.

#178 12 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Looks pretty cool to me. Lots of flow or little flow can both make for a fun game.

So very true.

#179 12 years ago

As far as people commented on possible LCD Glare, I would imagine Terry @ Pinballlife.com can just do larger pieces of his anti-glare polarized film that he puts over the DMD's....

That might work well for a putting a big 16:9 version on top of the LCD backglass

#180 12 years ago

It's fun to speculate on what a pin is like, but too many people get twisted thinking their opinion on a game is fact when it is not even out yet. Bash or drool over the looks is valid, as what you see is what things will look like.

Anybody judging a game on how it plays, good or bad, without playing the game has an agenda.

#181 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.

This might be the worst and funniest post I have ever read on the internet.

As a side note I think George Lucas should make the next Star Wars movie and stop letting other people tell him what Star Wars should be.

#182 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

turbo20lbs said:Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.

Am I the only one who read Turbo's post as sarcasm?

I know it usually wrecks the joke, but for some crowds, you have to add the "/s"

#183 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Jgel said:turbo20lbs said:Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.

Am I the only one who read Turbo's post as sarcasm?
I know it usually wrecks the joke, but for some crowds, you have to add the "/s"

Based on his later responses in the thread, I don't think there was any sarcasm involved. Sounds like an honest mistake on his part.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I seriously had no idea, I thought it was some guy named Vanderselt, maybe that was cab only? Anyway I just can't see how a guy who did all of this:
http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/greg-freres
...TRULY wanted the WOZ Pf to look like this, he must have been biting his tongue when you guys are quoting him.
I will blame the license Nazi's then, what a shame.

#184 12 years ago

Obviously, Freres had free reign on Whoa Nellie, and not so much on Woz.

I find it funny that the woz people complain so much about Stern's photoshopping. This has some elements of handdrawn art, but the overall package doesn't feel like a step up from Stern. I realize that this is due to the license holder, but that is the case with Stern games as well. It manages to be both clean and cluttered.

I also do not think that having most of the information to the player on the LCD will work very well. Who has the time to look up? especially noobs. Why couldn't they have put it where it is on CV?

#185 12 years ago
Quoted from Virtua:

I also do not think that having most of the information to the player on the LCD will work very well. Who has the time to look up? especially noobs. Why couldn't they have put it where it is on CV?

Agree.

As far as I have read him, JJ has more or less said, that to great extend, the purpose of the big screen is attract the crowd. And revitalise pinball as an attraction on location.

#186 12 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

As far as people commented on possible LCD Glare, I would imagine Terry @ Pinballlife.com can just do larger pieces of his anti-glare polarized film that he puts over the DMD's....
That might work well for a putting a big 16:9 version on top of the LCD backglass

Glare will be just like your backglass glare is now.

#187 12 years ago
Quoted from Virtua:

Obviously, Freres had free reign on Whoa Nellie, and not so much on Woz.
I find it funny that the woz people complain so much about Stern's photoshopping. This has some elements of handdrawn art, but the overall package doesn't feel like a step up from Stern. I realize that this is due to the license holder, but that is the case with Stern games as well. It manages to be both clean and cluttered.

I thought it looked nice, but nothing that would have me jumping out of my seat.
Nothing leaps and bounds above what is out there now.

#188 12 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Virtua said:I also do not think that having most of the information to the player on the LCD will work very well. Who has the time to look up? especially noobs. Why couldn't they have put it where it is on CV?
Agree.
As far as I have read him, JJ has more or less said, that to great extend, the purpose of the big screen is attract the crowd. And revitalise pinball as an attraction on location.

Why couldnt they have put it where it is on CV???? lol you know how deep the PF would have to be to fit that size LCD in?

#189 12 years ago

Obviously not the same size screen in the cv position, but maybe a smaller secondary screen there or in the playfield for the player.

#190 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I hate Simpsons. Simpsons was a great example of a complex rule set and lots of toys centered around a flowless, miserable, boring, stop-and-go playfield design. I guess I should have expected this considering WoZ is being done pretty much by The Simpsons team.

I'm with you on not caring for TSPP (at all). And your concerns, I think, are valid as laid out. Hopefully this won't be the case, but like I said, the concern is valid.

#191 12 years ago

BACK TO THE ARTWORK

I think the spinning house area should be black and white, with the witch legs that pop out in color and the letters "RAINBOW" in color, but the area surrounding RAINBOW in black and white.

#192 12 years ago
Quoted from Virtua:

This has some elements of handdrawn art, but the overall package doesn't feel like a step up from Stern.

I am confident that when you look at the cabinets and playfields side by side, you will see a big difference.

Quoted from ozno:

I think the spinning house area should be black and white, with the witch legs that pop out in color and the letters "RAINBOW" in color, but the area surrounding RAINBOW in black and white.

That's an interesting idea.

#193 12 years ago
Quoted from Virtua:

Who has the time to look up?

Its like soren said earilier, Jack said it is not entirely for the player, it is for bystanders as well. What is the difference between looking at a DMD or LCD for the player? Nothing, player does not care. I think it is a great idea. When my boys have friends over they will sit and watch each other play video games. This is an attempt to get them watching pinball. It would be really cool if there were modes where a camera displayed the PF on the LCD. Then everybody vould see the game. When we are playing at the house now I always feel like I am crowding the person playing if I want to watch.

#194 12 years ago

Much respect to WOZ team. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

#195 12 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gun:

Much respect to WOZ team. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

+1

#196 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

It would be really cool if there were modes where a camera displayed the PF on the LCD. Then everybody vould see the game.

I think that is an excellent idea.

#197 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

absocountry2 said:It would be really cool if there were modes where a camera displayed the PF on the LCD. Then everybody vould see the game.
I think that is an excellent idea.

Yeah then hook this up via WIFI and play with people all over the world....

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#199 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The two inlanes are the worst offenders and a good example of what I'm not liking. It is very un-hand drawn, cheap and nasty with what look like random 'stickers' plonked haphazardly around. Those little stars everywhere are awful too.

I'll agree with that. The rest of it isn;t turning me off yet, but those are the worst part.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-artworked-revealed/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.