You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trolldad.png
Conan.gif
didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg
wnbjm02x.jpg
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Remember, the rainbow plastic has been modified from what the picture above shows.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what goes in place of it. That was the only update that I found disappointing throughout this whole process. I was happy to hear that Jack said they'd be changing it.

#102 12 years ago

Nice!
Thanks Binks for the update!

#103 12 years ago

Notice how the Tin Man is outlined in red, Scarecrow is yellow/orange, Lion is green, Dorothy is blue, Glinda is violet. I imagine that will be tied into the rules somehow.

#104 12 years ago

Great work putting it all together. looks very nice!

#105 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

DCFAN said:

Remember, the rainbow plastic has been modified from what the picture above shows.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what goes in place of it. That was the only update that I found disappointing throughout this whole process. I was happy to hear that Jack said they'd be changing it.

I actually don't think the rainbow plastic looks bad in the overlay picture with the artwork. However, I am sure the final plastic will be even better.

#106 12 years ago

Reminds me so much of TZ... So much going on in the playfield art and quite a few shots/tasks to go for.

#107 12 years ago

The rainbow plastic was ok except for the text. It just looked sloppy. When did Jack say they would be changing it?

#108 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The rainbow plastic was ok except for the text. It just looked sloppy. When did Jack say they would be changing it?

He said it in the newsgroup about two weeks ago.

#109 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

jarjarisgod said:DCFAN said:
I actually don't think the rainbow plastic looks bad in the overlay picture with the artwork. However, I am sure the final plastic will be even better.

I agree that in the context of the entire playfield it doesn't look as bad. Still looking forward to seeing what they do to improve upon it though.

#110 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Reminds me so much of TZ... So much going on in the playfield art and quite a few shots/tasks to go for.

That's what I've been thinking for awhile now.

#111 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

RGR said:Reminds me so much of TZ... So much going on in the playfield art and quite a few shots/tasks to go for.
That's what I've been thinking for awhile now.

Yeah similar centre ramp shots, jets in the same spot, mini playfields, wide body... TZ was a gun game and so will this be... I think they would look good side by side together.

#112 12 years ago

Thanks for posting that pic. I agree on the rainbow comments, only thing looking off. Hope they do change it.

Now, for photo shop experts. Do a side by side of TSPP next to WOZ. I wonder......

#113 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks for posting that pic. I agree on the rainbow comments, only thing looking off. Hope they do change it.
Now, for photo shop experts. Do a side by side of TSPP next to WOZ. I wonder......

How about side-by-side-by-side WOZ-TSPP-TZ

#114 12 years ago

This game makes my brain hurt.

#115 12 years ago

Pinpeet, thank you very much for keeping your accumulation photos going. These are really great.

So, I have a WoZ ordered and am pretty concerned. Am I the only one?

The quality of everything looks great, except the shot quality. It doesn't look too good. That right center shot that comes around to the upper right flipper looks like fun. But the right upper flipper shoots at basically nothing that flows What is it shooting at? A wall? What a huge bummer. Does anyone else see this or is there something there I'm missing? A nice ramp or orbit to shoot at that kept the ball rolling and maybe back to the upper right flipper again would have been crucial in my opinion. Further, the lower loop you shoot at from the upper right flipper looks like it will loop around and end up in the left outlane a good portion of the time, which sounds like a formula for frustration rather than fun.

I don't see any way to get combos in this as it's not clear that anything flow-wise leads to the bottom right flipper. Does that wire ramp leading to the bottom right flipper only come from the exit of the upper playfield? If not, how do you get the ball into that wire ramp that leads to the bottom right flipper? The upper left orbit shot looks pretty cluttered so it's hard to see what you're shooting at. That might also be fun to have a tight shot there.

Further, that outlane pop bumper looks super annoying. I'm already pissed off when a ball drains out the outlane and now I'll have to wait even longer for it to pop bumper around, and the bonus to roll before my next ball comes out. Unless it kicks back out into play a certain amount of time, its going to be cool the first few times but just add to annoyance of play after

The center shot looks like it just VuK's to the upper playfield, which looks like its neat, but nothing you'll want to be playing on over and over.

This really looks like Simpons to me (but on steroids). I hate Simpsons. Simpsons was a great example of a complex rule set and lots of toys centered around a flowless, miserable, boring, stop-and-go playfield design. I guess I should have expected this considering WoZ is being done pretty much by the Simpsons team. Where's the Nordman influence here? He's pretty good with flow.

This doesn't look like it will have any of the flow of any of the recent games by Ritchie, Gomez, or even Borg. I sure hope I'm wrong though. It's pretty early still to write it off as we don't even have game play videos yet.

#116 12 years ago

I still can't get over the theme. No offense to those that have preordered, it just seems like such an odd choice for a debut by a new company.

#117 12 years ago

As a graphics guy, I think it's on par for what is expected out of playfield art nowadays. Good, but not stellar. The typography is definitely the worst part. JJP should let me rework it The bottom of the playfield at the flippers is the best part. The witch looks gorgeous with the yellow glows and monkey silhouettes.

#118 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This really looks like Simpons to me (but on steroids). I hate Simpsons. Simpsons was a great example of a complex rule set and lots of toys centered around a flowless, miserable, boring, stop-and-go playfield design. I guess I should have expected this considering WoZ is being done pretty much by The Simpsons team.

This has been my concern since seeing the first designs as well. Stop and go isn't always bad but TSPP, to me, wasn't all that (didn't care for it). I'm excited about this pin but share concern on TSPP factor.

Nordman I think is more on the 2nd pin and advising on this one.

#119 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm excited about this pin but share concern on TSPP factor.

Yeah I have to agree with this. TSPP has bugger all flow and theres alittle too much going on...

#120 12 years ago

Does anyone know if the LEs are sold out? If not, it probably will be hard to unload ours.

#121 12 years ago

I think the upper right flipper is for shooting the witch, and maybe something else?

The outlane pop bumper looks annoying you say. Wait until you see its purpose to judge, it may be for a ball save feature. Also the apron may factor into the gameplay somehow.
I would say this game looks like it may compare more to TZ on steroids than TSPP anyway.

Also, I think there will be plenty of two-shot combos. Beyond that I have no idea. There are some skill shot indictors.

Quoted from markmon:

Pinpeet, thank you very much for keeping your accumulation photos going. These are really great.
So, I have a WoZ ordered and am pretty concerned. Am I the only one?
The quality of everything looks great, except the shot quality. It doesn't look too good. That right center shot that comes around to the upper right flipper looks like fun. But the right upper flipper shoots at basically nothing that flows What is it shooting at? A wall? What a huge bummer. Does anyone else see this or is there something there I'm missing? A nice ramp or orbit to shoot at that kept the ball rolling and maybe back to the upper right flipper again would have been crucial in my opinion. Further, the lower loop you shoot at from the upper right flipper looks like it will loop around and end up in the left outlane a good portion of the time, which sounds like a formula for frustration rather than fun.
I don't see any way to get combos in this as it's not clear that anything flow-wise leads to the bottom right flipper. Does that wire ramp leading to the bottom right flipper only come from the exit of the upper playfield? If not, how do you get the ball into that wire ramp that leads to the bottom right flipper? The upper left orbit shot looks pretty cluttered so it's hard to see what you're shooting at. That might also be fun to have a tight shot there.
Further, that outlane pop bumper looks super annoying. I'm already pissed off when a ball drains out the outlane and now I'll have to wait even longer for it to pop bumper around, and the bonus to roll before my next ball comes out. Unless it kicks back out into play a certain amount of time, its going to be cool the first few times but just add to annoyance of play after
The center shot looks like it just VuK's to the upper playfield, which looks like its neat, but nothing you'll want to be playing on over and over.
This really looks like Simpons to me (but on steroids). I hate Simpsons. Simpsons was a great example of a complex rule set and lots of toys centered around a flowless, miserable, boring, stop-and-go playfield design. I guess I should have expected this considering WoZ is being done pretty much by The Simpsons team. Where's the Nordman influence here? He's pretty good with flow.
This doesn't look like it will have any of the flow of any of the recent games by Ritchie, Gomez, or even Borg. I sure hope I'm wrong though. It's pretty early still to write it off as we don't even have game play videos yet.

#122 12 years ago

I see three shots with upper right flipper.

munchkin target and VUK behind it

witch targets

left orbit or popbumpers to VUK to left flipper and setup next shot.

Not as well flowing but these angles are similar to STTNG's upper right flipper delta, rank up, neutral zone.

Markmon If I like it and you don't I would consider a second one in my house since the other is my GF's sounds funny but I would consider it if and when that time comes.

#123 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does anyone know if the LEs are sold out? If not, it probably will be hard to unload ours.

If you do not like it then just call or e-mail Jack and get your money back. I don't think he will have any problems selling it to somebody that really wants it.

#124 12 years ago

lol for a bunch of so called pinheads I find it hard to understand how you could whinge about this game considering that has so much more than any DMD Stern ever released.

#125 12 years ago

Looks good, although I just can't get into the theme...

#126 12 years ago

I like the playfield,and really think it will be cool once all the other toys,plastics and lighting are incorporated.

#127 12 years ago

I will go on record to say markmon is a bigger pinhead then probably 80% of you and myself included. Just FYI. It is a forum RGR he is expressing concerns to seek comfort about a gut feeling and flow is primary to him so it is a valid concern. Anyone with a preorder on an LE has to be somewhat commited to this hobby or rich. IMHO

I am excited to play it myself I can't wait til it comes home but I do see some of his points are very valid there are however alot of plusses.

#128 12 years ago

Yeah I was commenting on the general population complaining about this game. Heck the amount fo added stuff will far out weigh the theme. Given that there has been nothing good since 2003 (LOTR) and for about 15 years excluding that game, I think you have to forget about the theme and give JJ credit for having the balls to develop a game like this. Its the first of I am sure many games that will clearly show why JJ are so right and Stern so slack and greedy...

#129 12 years ago

As I see it, Jack first and foremost want to make a game, that wins on location, in ways that pinball has not seen in many years. Which ties in with a well known "all appeal!?" theme and that big a** TV screen, begging for people to pay interest.

I would fully expect a stop and go game. Easy to understand, easy to shoot and telling an easy to follow story line with a final setting on that left mini-playfield. Again, assisted by that big a** TV screen, which, I believe, for 95% is not showing information for the player. But for spectators and awaiting players to understand the game and become interested.

That, and the JJ-ego investing heavily in the handcrafted dream machine with no limit of mechanical features.

The tricky part is to twist the shots, rules and rhythm of the game to also offer something for people who want to play the game deeply and over and over. And for competition players to have a challenging risk/reward gameplan for max scoring.

#130 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There are people here that want it. Feel free to post it in the marketplace.

#131 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Really? Why does this never end with every pin ever? Hey, did you guys see the two flippers at the bottom of the playfield? I know I have seen something like that in a pin before!

If you think it is so easy to design a game that does not have similarities to another, please send a job app to JJP or Stern.

#132 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

When I spoke to Jack last week (placing my order) he said he had a limited number of LE's left and a slightly greater number of Standard's left. I am positive that if you truly wish to bail now, Jack will accept that decision and refund your money.

#133 12 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

markmon said:Does anyone know if the LEs are sold out? If not, it probably will be hard to unload ours.
When I spoke to Jack last week (placing my order) he said he had a limited number of LE's left and a slightly greater number of Standard's left. I am positive that if you truly wish to bail now, Jack will accept that decision and refund your money.

That doesn't make sense. Standard editions will be made until no one left to buy them - unlimited.

#134 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That doesn't make sense. Standard editions will be made until no one left to buy them - unlimited.

He was speaking of the first 1000 Standard editions. Those will have a numbered plaque and certificate of authenticity.

#135 12 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

I am positive that if you truly wish to bail now, Jack will accept that decision and refund your money.

If you are into pinball or just barely like it, not buying this game especially the LE will be a big mistake... If it was not for this game being released I would not be playing...

#136 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!

I will buy your spot, pm me

#137 12 years ago

If people are really concerned about the game and they have a WOZLE on order I would just offer up your spot to someone that wants it at the original price. If, after playing, you decide you want one than just order a reg. I would have certainly taken over someone's spot but bought a reg instead.

Flow is great but stop and go games have their place. IMO it all depends on proper timing, games with numerous VUKs suffer because of the lag time between entering the popper and coming back into play. My concern is that to much time will be given to backbox animations and will delay the ball getting back into play. IJ4 is a great example, hit the ramp and the game plays movie clips stopping the ball and making the game play very slowly. LOTR and WH2O also suffer from slow VUK kickouts. TZ, being considered THE stop and go game, actually keeps the ball in play pretty well.

I do have a WOZ on order so I have obviously drunken the kool aid but I think Jack is doing everything he can to make this purchase an experience for hobbyist. From releasing process pics or picking up the JJP phone himself he is taking US into consideration. This is something that GS would simply not do, I soured on him years ago when he dismissed collectors and hobbyist as the ones killing pinball. Well it looks like in 2012 pinball is alive and well, not sure where the credit stands but in lieu of Sterns marketing to collectors it certainly seems like some mindset has changed.

I too am. OT sure of the theme. I have a family of WOZ lovers and grew up watching it but not sure how they deepen the story. The book is much deeper and frankly a better story, and the iconic nature of the movie means that the game has to be limited to satisfy the WOZ purist which would have to include those protecting the license.

So....as a collector/hobbyist I am not sure how anyone could knock the game. As a player I certainly see the hesitation some have with the purchase but I would implore those that do to let someone else have their game. I seriously doubt any would back out now just due to the immediate value increase by buying in early.

I think this game will be great if the code is great. Great rules can transcend a crappy playfield(LOTR) and that is something that will not be determined until this game gets explored and played. I for one have enjoyed Jack showing us the design journey they have undergone and have my fingers crossed that the end of that ride is just the beginning for JJP.

Btw, I like kool aid.

#138 12 years ago

Is anyone concerned about glare from the large LCD?

I know it's not a concern for those who ordered the LE. But what about the non-LE machines?

I figured they added the invisiglass to the LE because they found the glare was bad. But what about the non-LE machines?

#139 12 years ago

I think the playfield artwork looks fantastic as does the cabinet art. I love all the different colors as well as the insert placement/choices. This game is really shaping up to be something special. The weakest part of the artwork package in my opinion is the Back-alley stuff (rainbow arch, state fair balloon, tree pop bumpers). While these things are well done and extremely detailed, for some reason they just kind of stick out like a sore thumb to me. I guess i kind of felt that way about the Backalley SM and POTC mods as well. Other than that though I think the game has really come together nicely! If the rules are anywhere near what TSPP or LOTR is I'm going to be tempted to pick up a standard edition once they are available!

#140 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Really? Why does this never end with every pin ever? Hey, did you guys see the two flippers at the bottom of the playfield? I know I have seen something like that in a pin before!

If you think it is so easy to design a game that does not have similarities to another, please send a job app to JJP or Stern.

abs first and foremost if you read all my posts, I'm in on WOZ and am excited by what I see overall for this game. I am however expressing an opinion that when I look at the playfield layout, in my head, I'm seeing TSPP layout. Add to that the designer is the same one for both games - interesting to point out and see if other collectors see the same. I'm not taking a funhouse and comparing to Tron - I get with so many pinball games made there are always going to be similarities. Odd to me same designer and layout (not toys) looks strikingly similar to a recent game. I'm not forcing this perspective either, I looked at it and immediately said TSPP then oh yeah same designer.

Sorry if I hit a nerve but I think fair comment. That being said, I'm all in and fully support JJP and WOZ with all the toys, features and complete effort going in. This is an exciting time. But while I'm super enthused I'm not a lemming and will just follow everyone off a cliff. Interesting to discuss pros and yes potential cons of what we are seeing. Only when we play it will ANYONE really know. Cool to discuss while we wait.

#141 12 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the playfield artwork looks fantastic as does the cabinet art. I love all the different colors as well as the insert placement/choices. This game is really shaping up to be something special. The weakest part of the artwork package in my opinion is the Back-alley stuff (rainbow arch, state fair balloon, tree pop bumpers). While these things are well done and extremely detailed, for some reason they just kind of stick out like a sore thumb to me. I guess i kind of felt that way about the Backalley SM and POTC mods as well. Other than that though I think the game has really come together nicely! If the rules are anywhere near what TSPP or LOTR is I'm going to be tempted to pick up a standard edition once they are available!

The back alley stuff you are seeing is not the finished product. The guys in JJP are saying those things will be great.

#142 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think this game will be great if the code is great. Great rules can transcend a crappy playfield(LOTR) and that is something that will not be determined until this game gets explored and played. I for one have enjoyed Jack showing us the design journey they have undergone and have my fingers crossed that the end of that ride is just the beginning for JJP.

+1 on entire post. Feel the same.

#143 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Is anyone concerned about glare from the large LCD?

I know it's not a concern for those who ordered the LE. But what about the non-LE machines?

I figured they added the invisiglass to the LE because they found the glare was bad. But what about the non-LE machines?

The Invisiglass can be purchased separately. I also think the LCD "may" add some glare and that is why I ordered a piece of it along with my Standard version. If there is no glare, I can use that piece of glass in another machine.

#144 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Guys, this looks like home brew pinball artwork. What are you guys using for reference when you say it "looks great"? I think the Ghostbusters pin isn't too far off from this, and that's made by some guy in Pittsburgh? I thought they had some amazing art team? Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.

+1

#145 12 years ago

Bloz on the +1 of a post that was deconstructed for suggesting that the very artist that did this work would "crush" this work.

#146 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

turbo20lbs said:Guys, this looks like home brew pinball artwork. What are you guys using for reference when you say it "looks great"? I think the Ghostbusters pin isn't too far off from this, and that's made by some guy in Pittsburgh? I thought they had some amazing art team? Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.
+1

I don't know which is funnier...The original ignorant post by turbo that Greg Freres who is the artist on WOZ would crush this, or the fact you plus one'd it

#147 12 years ago

Maybe he shoulda' -1'd it... Or said something like, "Paul Faris would CRUSH this"...

#148 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol for a bunch of so called pinheads I find it hard to understand how you could whinge about this game considering that has so much more than any DMD Stern ever released.

"having so much more" does not necessarily mean it's fun. For that, we'll have to wait and see. As I've already cited, TSPP probably "has more" than any other stern and most williams, and the game is not at all fun.

Great rules can transcend a crappy playfield(LOTR) and that is something that will not be determined until this game gets explored and played.

LOTR playfield is actually quite good and has lots of flow + difficult shots. Both ramps flow to the flippers as does the ring shot when mode start is not running. The orbits can also flow, depending on situation.

The Invisiglass can be purchased separately. I also think the LCD "may" add some glare and that is why I ordered a piece of it along with my Standard version. If there is no glare, I can use that piece of glass in another machine.

I realize that PDI markets this as non glare glass. But its really not. It's ultra clear and the machine looks like it has no glass. But bright light from the backglass and DMD glare *just as much* as regular glass. It's not for glare prevention. The colors and overall view of the machine pops and looks amazing, though so don't think it's useless. You want it

I think they did it because they really want to provide huge value to the collectors. That's what JJP has been all about from the start. I doubt there'll be many mods for this game. It'll come loaded.

I'm in on WOZ and am excited by what I see overall for this game. I am however expressing an opinion that when I look at the playfield layout, in my head, I'm seeing TSPP layout. Add to that the designer is the same one for both games

Yea, exactly right. Not only the designer, but the programmer. Basically the design *team*. I am pretty excited for WoZ but knowing that I despise TSPP finding it absolutely miserable and no fun, I hope I'm not disappointed by WoZ.

I am positive that if you truly wish to bail now, Jack will accept that decision and refund your money.

I am very worried, but not planning to bail. Hoping that I can sell off a HUO almost new LE for close to what I paid after playing it a bit if I hate it. Of course, if I do play one somewhere and hate it before mine arrives, I will try selling off my spot then.

Given that there has been nothing good since 2003 (LOTR) and for about 15 years excluding that game

This is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Spiderman is absolutely loaded with toys, flow, and some of the best rules ever in any pinball game. Elvis (I sure hate the theme) has a ton of flow, ton of toys, all metal ramps, nothing is cheap on that pin. Pirates is another game loaded with toys and definitely not made on the cheap end (unfortunately not much flow). Tron is extremely fast, fun, and a great looking machine. Haven't seen ACDC premium in person yet, but it sounds like it's actually great also.

I would fully expect a stop and go game. Easy to understand, easy to shoot and telling an easy to follow story line with a final setting on that left mini-playfield. Again, assisted by that big a** TV screen, which, I believe, for 95% is not showing information for the player.

Pretty good point. I guess they actually *want* a stop-and-go game to really show the LCD off. Otherwise, (like a DMD) you will hardly notice it. At least JPOP is putting his LCD in the playfield area which indicates you can expect some flow still. I wonder how future JJP games will run. Nordman is pretty good with flow. Whitewater, demo man have great flow.

#149 12 years ago

hmmm... yeah it is ok.
more photoshoping than art from scratch.. but ok.

#150 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

RGR said: The Invisiglass can be purchased separately. I also think the LCD "may" add some glare and that is why I ordered a piece of it along with my Standard version. If there is no glare, I can use that piece of glass in another machine.

I realize that PDI markets this as non glare glass. But its really not. It's ultra clear and the machine looks like it has no glass. But bright light from the backglass and DMD glare *just as much* as regular glass. It's not for glare prevention. The colors and overall view of the machine pops and looks amazing, though so don't think it's useless. You want it

You do realize pdi and invisiglass are two different products?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-artworked-revealed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.