You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trolldad.png
Conan.gif
didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg
wnbjm02x.jpg

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 12 years ago

Jack is not messing around or cutting corners. He has some of the best pinball designers doing this project. Jack is a big talker (not in a BS way), but he lets results and actions speak even louder than his words.

Also, the guys working on WOZ seem to genuinely enjoy working for JJP and are taking pride in what they are creating. Believe me, I have spoken to a couple of the employees via e-mail.

#52 12 years ago

Meh.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess that shows you how valuable the license really is. It is probably the most mainstream license in the history of pinball if such a thing was possible to guage.

Ironically, Wizard of Oz the book is public domain.

Looks like it is going to be a great pin. Personally, don't like the theme, but I'm glad that JJP is changing the business and making Stern step up their game. I believe that without JJP AC/DC pro-version would have been the only version and the Premium/Limited really looks awesome.

The only thing Jack said that hasn't come true is the "Dark" theme WOZ he said was going to happen. Knowing how WB protects its property, I wondered how he would be able to change it enough and get it approved by them.

I will own a JJP someday, just waiting for the right theme.

#54 12 years ago

I seriously had no idea, I thought it was some guy named Vanderselt, maybe that was cab only? Anyway I just can't see how a guy who did all of this:

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/greg-freres

...TRULY wanted the WOZ Pf to look like this, he must have been biting his tongue when you guys are quoting him.

I will blame the license Nazi's then, what a shame.

#55 12 years ago

Give me a break. Why don't you zoom in to the playfield artwork and have a close look. For example, the Witch's guard at the top left, zoom in and you can clearly see that is hand art work.

#56 12 years ago

I don't think it compares well to the work Greg did on the Elvira pins or MM, but it's not bad. I would have liked to seen all of it be hand drawn.

#57 12 years ago

I like the looks of it, that wicked witch insert looks pretty phallic though, I wonder if that will go through a change, or if we'll just be making fun of it while playing it.

::shoot for the penis wearing a hat!::

I don't care if it's there on the playfield, I'm still pumped to play it.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I don't think it compares well to the work Greg did on the Elvira pins, but it's not bad. I would have liked to seen all of it be hand drawn.

I think that is just a matter of the difference between a licensed and non-licensed pin.

The playfield art definitely looks better than anything Stern has done (and I own LOTR and SM).

#59 12 years ago

Looks no different than any playfield.

#60 12 years ago

Bunch of superimposed Stillshots.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

turbo20lbs said:Greg Freres would crush this.
This made me laugh out loud. You do realize that Greg Freres IS the artist doing the WOZ playfield art, right?

Lol

#62 12 years ago

Haters be hatin'.

Playfield looks amazing. I bet more than a few people wished they got in at the $6500 now.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!

Shoot........... I ordered back in June and had I seen your post to sell yours at $6500, I would have been all over it. One awesome machine in my game room and the another NIB . Did I miss your post in the WOZ forum? on RGP or here on Pinside?

Chris Ward

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

DCFAN said:
The only thing Jack said that hasn't come true is the "Dark" theme WOZ he said was going to happen. Knowing how WB protects its property, I wondered how he would be able to change it enough and get it approved by them.
I will own a JJP someday, just waiting for the right theme.

+1

Will put some quarters in it when I see it in the "wild" the first time.

#65 12 years ago

i think it looks great. i'd like to get one, have to try it first.

my first impression was '' is me or there is too much stuff on the playfield close to each others, around the lion and tinman'' thats a lot of inserts.

#66 12 years ago

Great artwork - I'm blown away by it! I'm glad I ordered last week. I have a feeling the few remaining ECLE units that distributors have will move quickly now that folks have seen the playfield.

#67 12 years ago

looks good to me

#68 12 years ago

I think it is awesome artwork!! No matter how good a job you do some people are going to complain,some people just can not be pleased,so it is better to try to please the majority and not let the rest of those that are not satisfied buy from someone else.At least that is my experience in building new homes.Some buyers I just need to pass on,I bet Jack feels the same way.I did not pre-order due to lack of funds But I wish I had,WOZ is going to be a game changer!!!

#69 12 years ago

Just a thought for the naysayers on the pf artwork. Is it possible that a good percentage of what is there is actually hand-drawn? Do any of you know with 100% certainty which pieces are "photo-shopped" and which are not? Have any of you ever seen the work of a photo-realist painter like Charles Bell? Take a look at some of his work and maybe you'll see that some hand drawn images can look very real indeed.

Lastly, Jack has said many times that sometimes he releases snippets that may or may not be true.

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

that wicked witch insert looks pretty phallic though,

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to try and create a new visual similar to the LOTR LE "hair dick" for this pin. Come on...really??

Seriously, that is a fantastic looking playfield...!

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How many "TM"s can you find ?

I came up with 10

#72 12 years ago

I like everything but the cookie cutter look of her three companions. Seems out of place compared to the rest of the artwork.

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Is it possible that a good percentage of what is there is actually hand-drawn? Do any of you know with 100% certainty which pieces are "photo-shopped" and which are not?

I don't think anybody(outside of JJP) can say with absolute certainty. I believe, (being a big fan of Greg's work) I could determine what is shopped with a high degree of accuracy. Hard to tell how nice it will really be until the playfield is loaded with all the toys, inserts,lights, etc....

#74 12 years ago

It's not the best and it's not the worst, but I'm still excited to play it!

#75 12 years ago

C'mon Vegas, I am a strong supporter of this playfield, it's just one of the things that once you see it.. it cannot be unseen.

If I had the cash, I would have bought one of these machines, and I am not a WoZ hater by any means. I will be more than happy to play this the second I get the opportunity, and I'll give it the fairness it deserves just like any new machine I play. As anyone may recall, I was ready to hate on Ac/DC and I was proven wrong quickly.

#76 12 years ago

No worries Blakesell, I don't really see it anyway so at least I don't have to worry about un-seeing it!

#77 12 years ago

Its all smoke and mirrors until your fingertips reach the buttons....

#78 12 years ago

It looks good. Personally when i heard hand drawn, as a artist myself, thought of comic style. (Old DE) i can do very real photo realistic stuff myself. So i think allot of people hear hand drawn and go to cartoony stuff like melons.

I think the pf looks good. I dont hate on photoshop stuff either it has its place. Take Transformers probably the best Shopped pf to come from stern in i dunno ever.

#79 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The_Gorilla said:Of course I have no way of KNOWING this but I feel sorry for the people who are skipping out because of the theme because I think they are making a bad mistake.
I don't think they are necessarily making a mistake. If they play one after it comes out and they think that the game play is good enough to get past the theme, they can still buy one. So if you don't like the theme, it actually makes more sense to not pre-order one as it is the safer bet.

I 100% agree with you, Rob. I didn't really word my real concern very well which is that someone would never give the game a chance at all based on theme. THAT is the mistake I would worry about. Maybe I am projecting my own values to other peoples, meaning that if I really hated a theme, I would not even play the game with an open mind.

Off to a wedding reception so everyone that is trying to reach me, I will have to get back to you later.

Of course, I am kidding. No one is trying to reach me. I just like to pretend that I am important.

#80 12 years ago

Looks amazing!!

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I 100% agree with you, Rob. I didn't really word my real concern very well which is that someone would never give the game a chance at all based on theme. THAT is the mistake I would worry about.

I'd certainly agree with you on that.

#82 12 years ago

Arguably the best looking playfield since LOTR.

#83 11 years ago

What are the TOTO inserts in the right outlane for? I know the left will have a pop bumper. That right one has a weird setup as well

#84 11 years ago

Damn!...I can't wait to play this! Sometimes it good to be a Jersey Boy!

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What are the TOTO inserts in the right outlane for? I know the left will have a pop bumper. That right one has a weird setup as well

roll overs I think

#86 11 years ago

If I had one very minor complaint...I wish they made a bigger Wizard Head in the smoke. It's pretty creepy!

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!

Did you post it here? I have never seen that offer. What #'s? Do you still have it for sale?

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I just hope that when the game comes out, and it turns out to be a hit (maybe, maybe not?) that the theme haters don't miss out on playing one of the greatest games ever.

You know they will buy credits on one when nobody is looking! Notice I said buy credits instead of drop quarters or put money in since it will not need actual money going in.

#89 11 years ago

Enjoy:

// Error: Image 22975 not found // // Error: Image 22976 not found //

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

Forbelsop said:What's the significance of horses in Wizard f Oz?
A horse of a different color! Its From when they get to the Emerald city

Seems like way too many horsies for what a passing reference in the movie.

#91 11 years ago

That certainly does add a whole new perspective now, doesn't it? In that context it looks really good to me.

#92 11 years ago

Thanks, PinPeet! You really brought it to life! Wow!!

#93 11 years ago

Funniest thread I've read in a while. Talk about kicking your own ass...

I think it looks great.

#94 11 years ago

Great job pinpeet!From those 2 perspectives it looks to be a fantastic game.I believe it will live up to its hype!

#95 11 years ago

Having it comped in with the rest of the playfield helps.

#96 11 years ago

Whoa Nelly!!!

#97 11 years ago

I wouldn't say it looks "great" when compared to previous pins that came before it, but it is a good effort and certainly fits with the cabinet design. I'm sure the lighting effects will enhance the overall look even further.

#98 11 years ago

well like i said when i saw it my first impression was ''too many inserts close to each others'' with that new picture... all i have to say is '' damn that thing is hot!

#99 11 years ago

Well now! Those slippers are certainly making sense now, (never thought I'd say that...LOL)! I can't wait for this game to be finished

#100 11 years ago

Remember, the rainbow plastic has been modified from what the picture above shows.

Also, I would not be surprised to see the outlane TOTO and Pop bumper inserts to give a ball save if they are all lit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-artworked-revealed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.