You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trolldad.png
Conan.gif
didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg
wnbjm02x.jpg
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 12 years ago

Looks pimptastic. The witch reaching for flippers is a nice touch.

http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1104524641178-156/WOZ+Playfield+.pdf

#2 12 years ago

I agree, I like it...gonna be some happy WOZ owners soon!!

#3 12 years ago

Looks great!

#4 12 years ago

Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!

#5 12 years ago

Looks better than I imagined. Admittedly, I'm not a WoZ fan, but the more I see coming out of JJP, the more I like. I'm thinking I'll probably buy his next effort sight unseen, seeing how nicely this project is coming together.

#6 12 years ago

Love the Witch reaching for the Slippers! Great idea!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Your the only one! lol

Artwork looks fantastic. Finally hand drawn artwork.

#8 12 years ago

Looks awesome. I feel bad for Jack. The news group got a little restless this week and I think Jack had to give in and show something.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Didn't look hard enough. I would have.

#10 12 years ago

Not a fan of the theme but the artwork is vibrant, colorful and I like it!

#11 12 years ago

Looks awesome and it's much more on the dark side than the light. Great.

#12 12 years ago

Looks great, gonna be a pretty machine...seen some innovative stuff coming on this machine...glad I have a friend buying one....NIB's are a llittle outta my price range

#13 12 years ago

Just been zooming in on the hand drawn artwork..........wow! I can see why Stern are a little worried......

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Looks better than I imagined. Admittedly, I'm not a WoZ fan, but the more I see coming out of JJP, the more I like. I'm thinking I'll probably buy his next effort sight unseen, seeing how nicely this project is coming together.

Plus one on that!

#15 12 years ago

Karma baby, karma

#16 12 years ago

Of course I have no way of KNOWING this but I feel sorry for the people who are skipping out because of the theme because I think they are making a bad mistake.

I am also NOT a fan of the theme. (but I bought one!) I would prefer something much darker, in truth I would like something completely the opposite of the wholesome, family oriented, dare I say just a little too happy theme that WOZ is. Something along the lines of "The Night Stalker" w/Darrin McGavin maybe? Or if we go musically, Queensryche or Dream Theater??

Additionally, I am also not a fan of the movie "The Shadow". I agree with the majority that the back glass picture is less than thrilling. But the sounds and gameplay??? Oh my! What a fantastic game.

The point? Well, my perception of innovation and creativity coming with WOZ has me looking WAY past the theme. I wholeheartedly believe it will be the most fun I have had playing a new game since AFM and SS came out. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and within a few months time I may be doing just that. I am not counting on it though!

As far as the theme haters. I am not trying to change your minds, frankly I don't care to. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinions. I even respect those opinions when I disagree with them.

I just hope that when the game comes out, and it turns out to be a hit (maybe, maybe not?) that the theme haters don't miss out on playing one of the greatest games ever.

;
;
;
And, as the counterpoint to myself, I am currently having the same problem with AC/DC. I keep hearing that it is a great game, but I will never own one because of the prominent devil horns in the center of the game. Don't like that theme at all. What a shame because it sounds like a great machine. So.....I do understand not wanting a machine because of theme. What I don't understand is the vehement bashing of it, though...

Good bye pinsiders. Have a nice weekend.

#17 12 years ago

How many "TM"s can you find ?

Jim

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Trolls be trollin'.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Of course I have no way of KNOWING this but I feel sorry for the people who are skipping out because of the theme because I think they are making a bad mistake.
I am also NOT a fan of the theme. (but I bought one!) I would prefer something much darker, in truth I would like something completely the opposite of the wholesome, family oriented, dare I say just a little too happy theme that WOZ is. Something along the lines of "The Night Stalker" w/Darrin McGavin maybe? Or if we go musically, Queensryche or Dream Theater??
Additionally, I am also not a fan of the movie "The Shadow". I agree with the majority that the back glass picture is less than thrilling. But the sounds and gameplay??? Oh my! What a fantastic game.
The point? Well, my perception of innovation and creativity coming with WOZ has me looking WAY past the theme. I wholeheartedly believe it will be the most fun I have had playing a new game since AFM and SS came out. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and within a few months time I may be doing just that. I am not counting on it though!
As far as the theme haters. I am not trying to change your minds, frankly I don't care to. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinions. I even respect those opinions when I disagree with them.
I just hope that when the game comes out, and it turns out to be a hit (maybe, maybe not?) that the theme haters don't miss out on playing one of the greatest games ever.
;
;
;
And, as the counterpoint to myself, I am currently having the same problem with AC/DC. I keep hearing that it is a great game, but I will never own one because of the prominent devil horns in the center of the game. Don't like that theme at all. What a shame because it sounds like a great machine. So.....I do understand not wanting a machine because of theme. What I don't understand is the vehement bashing of it, though...
Good bye pinsiders. Have a nice weekend.

I don't like the theme but you could be right, in that I will be missing out on what could possibly be the best pinball machine since the late 1990's!!

Looking more and more like a Top 10 pin.......

#20 12 years ago

Cow! What do I win?

A couple of thoughts:

What's the significance of horses in Wizard f Oz? There are a lot of them on the pf.

I wish the lower left outline bumper said something else. "No place like home" over those inserts seems a little forced. ..and why is it there twice?

Overall, I like that it's not crazy cluttered, but I can't help but feel like a lot of the art's direction was forced due to licensing. For example, the inserts that read "Winged" and "Monkey tm".

#21 12 years ago

Yeah I think it will be in the top 10 for sure

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Cow! What do I win?
"No place like home" over those inserts seems a little forced. ..and why is it there twice?

Cos she says it twice in the film when shes dreaming

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Exejet said:Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!
Your the only one! lol

Not hand drawn.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Exejet said:Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!
Trolls be trollin'.

You got that right.

I definitely call BS. I know a ton of people who would buy a WoZ ECLE at $6500.00 now. I've made that same offer to someone myself, plus a couple hundred bucks.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Not hand drawn.

That is what I was thinking ..

Jim

#26 12 years ago

He is making tons of them, and even said you could custom order the addons afterwards.

So if the game is really that good, we can all buy one

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

gambit3113 said:Exejet said:Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!
Trolls be trollin'.
You got that right.
I definitely call BS. I know a ton of people who would buy a WoZ ECLE at $6500.00 now. I've made that same offer to someone myself, plus a couple hundred bucks.

lol bargin! Over here its $9250..... About 9k usd

#28 12 years ago

Art Work Actually looks pretty good!

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I don't think they are necessarily making a mistake. If they play one after it comes out and they think that the game play is good enough to get past the theme, they can still buy one. So if you don't like the theme, it actually makes more sense to not pre-order one as it is the safer bet.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How many "TM"s can you find ?
Jim

I guess that shows you how valuable the license really is. It is probably the most mainstream license in the history of pinball if such a thing was possible to guage.

#31 12 years ago

Ignore this...

Post edited by Crashdance22 : I uploaded the image wrong

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

TomGWI said:Exejet said:Glad I'm out! BTW I couldn't find 1 person to buy my positions at $6500!
Your the only one! lol
Not hand drawn.

Combination of hand drawn and movie images then?

#34 12 years ago

One word.... Awesome

#35 12 years ago

Hand drawn is old DE stuff this is for sure all Photoshop and Tablet done. It still looks better than Stern kindergarten stuff.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

What's the significance of horses in Wizard f Oz?

A horse of a different color! Its From when they get to the Emerald city

#37 12 years ago

Guys, this looks like home brew pinball artwork. What are you guys using for reference when you say it "looks great"? I think the Ghostbusters pin isn't too far off from this, and that's made by some guy in Pittsburgh? I thought they had some amazing art team? Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.

wnbjm02x.jpgwnbjm02x.jpg

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

Forbelsop said:

What's the significance of horses in Wizard f Oz?
A horse of a different color! Its From when they get to the Emerald city

Maybe those will be color changing LED's.

#39 12 years ago

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Combination of hand drawn and movie images then?

Yes. The email from JJP states that it is hand drawn and photos due to the request of the license holder. They wanted to hand draw whole thing but license holder required some photos so they compromised. I think it worked.

#41 12 years ago

Is this not Gregs artwork on woz and Big melons lol

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Greg Freres would crush this.

Dude. Greg did the artwork on WOZ.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Hand drawn is old DE stuff this is for sure all Photoshop and Tablet done. It still looks better than Stern kindergarten stuff.

Quote from Greg himself "I can honestly say this is a combination of hand-drawn and photo related elements to remain true to the licensor's requests"

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Greg Freres would crush this.

This made me laugh out loud. You do realize that Greg Freres IS the artist doing the WOZ playfield art, right?

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Guys, this looks like home brew pinball artwork. What are you guys using for reference when you say it "looks great"? I think the Ghostbusters pin isn't too far off from this, and that's made by some guy in Pittsburgh? I thought they had some amazing art team? Looks like Jack should reevaluate whoever is doing the art on his pins. Greg Freres would crush this.

Attachments
wnbjm02x.jpg (596.9 KB, 0 downloads) 4 minutes old

Duh, Greg Freres did WOZ.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=97azmveab&v=001bjW2zZbXAktv2soDKeuTm1eFATpgvq3fMjAczDYSa_NL5ur0341YqpPhGX9ov_pNsyct8l99-h-RB8Dbv8_1aFKcZ1DHHV_ALuQ11LHy2lXKgRvmjWjV3rUeeK40UzIUVuOywRE9TofIWD-A2QkMu3WXNZgeJ4f_TaNW4yZdlc6Kn5Sx9CbE1W5xprcG1umy3RfrvM2wrVM6AX3B4bIa4hzqIxy5PfUj673RjjLCuLGkOv3sd0s3fCQ1KQWVuHMul0UCA5uTcGzlLO3U77Ba4bghA8nrDu4JVGaXOHcojWqETqOXETklrqJ1KrEiRr2y43hxcnrDjFxq0lQYCl6loQ%3D%3D&id=preview

#46 12 years ago

Turbo Greg is the artist haha...unless that was a joke?

#47 12 years ago

Then why is it a Photoshop fest? I don't get it.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This made me laugh out loud. You do realize that Greg Freres IS the artist doing the WOZ playfield art, right?

I'm still laughing too. Sorry turbo20lbs not trying to insult.

Wait for the full game to come out before strongly critiquing or over cheering. Reason for excitement though.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

AkumaZeto said:Hand drawn is old DE stuff this is for sure all Photoshop and Tablet done. It still looks better than Stern kindergarten stuff.
Quote from Greg himself "I can honestly say this is a combination of hand-drawn and photo related elements to remain true to the licensor's requests"

Small amount yes was done on tablet style station. 80% is cut and paste rotate arrange etc.

It still looks good so who cares.

#50 12 years ago

Yeah I'll have to see it complete before I'll be able to tell if it's good or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-artworked-revealed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.