(Topic ID: 262504)

WoZ Play Field Dead - Monitor Working Fine. Ideas??

By akj5422

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by akj5422
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
08A7C8FE-5F2D-48AA-8265-6B83A66ED1A7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3725 (resized).JPG
photo 2 (resized).JPG
5EB2C1C8-8570-4526-A45B-F2A6464DF91E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akj5422.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all - I recently purchased a used WoZ ECLE with low game play. The crystal ball display has shown an error message consistently since I purchased it. In asking around, was advised to dis/reconnect the cable leading to the crystal ball display screen. I tried that yesterday. Restarted machine and error was still there. Turned off again and tried again. When I restarted the game - the overhead monitor is working perfectly but I have absolutely no lights or movement on the main play field. Also can't use diagnostic buttons to access test screen. I tried the reset button and no changes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Really want to get it working again soon (with or without the crystal ball..... ) THANK YOU!

#4 4 years ago

Thanks! The monitor is working normally - all normal screens and animation.

So - usb cables are my only hope?

#6 4 years ago

Will try it. Thank you so much!!

#7 4 years ago

Would lead fuse also cause fans and monitor to go out? Those are still working.... Trying to navigate what could/could not be the problem.... TIA!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Power comes in to the game, through the line fuse and to the pc power supply, lighting power supply and transformer. If I remember correctly.
So if the line fuse is out nothing gets power.
Do the fuses have lights on?

Some of the fuses have lights. Not all of them. Does that mean I just have to replace the fuses without lights?

IMG_3725 (resized).JPGIMG_3725 (resized).JPG
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It means you need to pull out the high power interlock switch on your coin door. Or something else is going on. You wouldn't blow that many fuses.
LTG : )

Correct! I toggled them and all the fuse lights are back. However - play field is still totally down.... Checked all connections and don’t see anything loose.... Did software update. No improvement. Running out of ideas. Would LOVE any insight!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

USB cable to I/O board, front right corner on tight ?

Don’t know what that looks like... Here’s what I’m seeing. Which one should I be checking?? Thank you!!!!

08A7C8FE-5F2D-48AA-8265-6B83A66ED1A7 (resized).jpeg08A7C8FE-5F2D-48AA-8265-6B83A66ED1A7 (resized).jpeg
#18 4 years ago

harryhoudini LTG You guys are awesome! I am encouraged just by the fact that I’m not trying to figure this out on my own! Calling it a day but will be in touch tomorrow to let you know what happens. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#20 4 years ago

Alright - here's what I've got.... I unplugged both the JUSB and J800 cables and plugged them back in the I/O box. I did not unplug them at the other end as that plug was less accessible. Nothing changed. I reset it again to see if that would help. Still nothing.

There is absolutely no movement on the play field. Only monitor, fuse lights, and fans are working. It is ECLE. Late 10/13....

I have a multimeter to check power supply but am not sure where to test - certainly don't want to short something and make things worse! Are there directions in the manual that I could use or can you tell me where I should apply the leads to check it?

Thanks!

#22 4 years ago

I tested the Q transistors I could reach and there was no resistance. Checked F1 and F2 fuses - no resistance. Starting to think that it is the board.... Nothing else makes much sense.

I put in a ticket with JJP online on Friday. Hoping I hear something back tomorrow. Otherwise may call.

Do they have a list of regional techs who could come out to service their machines (the two guys I’ve talked to who do pinball around here are not super familiar with JJP machines....)?

Do you know how long it takes to get parts?

Thanks so much for all of the troubleshooting help. I’ve narrowed things down quite a bit this weekend.

#24 4 years ago

Perfect! Thank you!! Really appreciate the company in the confusion!!

#25 4 years ago

Finally found the culprit - one of the F1/F2 fuses was out. Cheap fix for the win!

Thanks to all who helped me troubleshoot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akj5422.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-play-field-dead-monitor-working-fine-ideas?tu=akj5422 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.