(Topic ID: 237716)

WOZ pecking order

By fathom

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C6152BEF-778F-402B-AAA8-A82760B321CD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you have 5.0/7.5 boards and you haven't had an issue, that really should come with a "yet" at the end. If you've had the game for 3 or 5 years it doesn't really matter. It doesn't seem to be a time factor but a games played factor. I don't think we've seen any WOZ games with a few thousand plays on them with 5.0/7.5 boards that didn't have a board go out? I've searched for such an example, but haven't found one, so if anyone has one please share!
    In my searching there were a fair number of used HUO buyers that have been burned on the old boards, buying from users who had their pin for years and never had problems, only to play a bunch of games and then have boards go out. It's just too much of a risk for me, unless the prices become more reasonable for that risk. 2.0 boards are the only ones that are truly 100% to last as long as any normal LED board should. I'm in the market for a WOZ myself right now, but the prices on HUO are too high given that 2.0 boards are $800 and about 12 hours of work to install them.

Personally, I wouldn't touch any model WOZ without the new lighting system as I had to change out my ECLE's whole 7.5 lamp board set not once, but most of the boards twice and some of the boards failed a third time. I know a person that had their game in the same shipment as mine and has not encountered one lamp problem. Build date was Fall 2013. Two of the four ECLE's in that same shipment had lamp board issues, the other two nothing. I know some guys with RR WOZ games that currently have lamp problems, so in my mind the best thing is buying a WOZ with the 2.0 lamp kit installed, anything else is a crap shoot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-pecking-order?tu=BrianBannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.