(Topic ID: 54466)

WOZ owners. Things you love about the machine/game.

By coasterguy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I LOVE THIS DAMN thing. Let's name it?
So when you lift the game it simple swings forward to hold your balls
No more paper or socks stuck in the trough before you lift. No more balls a bouncin'
Thanks Team JJP!

// Error: Image 110516 not found // // Error: Image 110517 not found //

#2 10 years ago

Say what you want about it's need or use. The Monitor is MODERN and cool as heck. People watching LOVE it!

// Error: Image 110518 not found // // Error: Image 110519 not found //

#4 10 years ago

Headphone jack makes the game more immersive. Love it!

// Error: Image 110520 not found //

#5 10 years ago

Missed that.
Glad it's on WOZ though.

#6 10 years ago

I'm not sure how many people can actually reply to your thread in regards to what they like about their game since significant numbers have yet to really ship.

But I dig the enthusiasm & I envy your NIB experience

#7 10 years ago

The cabinet art and clear is just awesome as well. I'm done for now.

// Error: Image 110521 not found //

#8 10 years ago

Rubber trim along top edge of backbox to prevent damage from resting the playfield upright. Blends right in and I didn't even notice it was there for a week.

#9 10 years ago

It looks cool and little nieces and nephews will dig the big LCD screen and bright pretty colored lights. And that will make me the cool uncle. Not currently an owner but maybe soon).

#10 10 years ago

The LCD was a game changer 2 years ago and its the diggity fo shizzle now or whatever that means.....

GAME CHANGER............................................................................

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It looks cool and little nieces and nephews will dig the big LCD screen and bright pretty colored lights. And that will make me the cool uncle. Not currently an owner but maybe soon).

We had the cousins over last weekend for a swim. We were all outside when I noticed the two youngest (5 and 8 ) get out of the pool and go in the house. Bathroom break I'm thinking. When they didn't come back soon, I went searching and found them in the gameroom playing WOZ. Yes, I'm the cool uncle.

Post edited by PinCrush : Autocorrect turned number 8 into a smiley face

#12 10 years ago

Coaster what are your thoughts on the Chrystal ball?also is the shaker well implemented?

#13 10 years ago

Shaker is pretty good but subtle. I have not even looked to see if it is can be stronger but, I like them subtle anyway. Crystal ball is cool. Honestly I have not paid a ton of attention to it while playing but I will try to. I bet Gweem has though.

#14 10 years ago

Yes the shaker can easily be adjusted. It was on medium so I put it to maximum and it's cool.

The menu system is just so nice as well.

#15 10 years ago

Enjoying watching the game develop as new code is added.....plus all that was mentioned above. The menu system is intuitive and allows you to change values on vuks, coils, slings, etc. Yep, this game is a leap forward.

#16 10 years ago

i don't have (yet) woz but i play some couple of game, i realy enjoyed the balloon bumper and toto rollover ideas to keep the ball in play !
the effect is realy cool (all in the dark exept the right target) i the idea never seen before
Yann

#17 10 years ago

I like the quality of the audio. It's clear, with the right amount of bass. Not to start a war, but I really thought I was going to hate the music and call outs. I was dead wrong. If it was a cheap speaker and audio system then I probably would hate it. Because it is such a nice experience on the ears, I found myself enjoying all the music and call outs, so much so I found myself singing the songs after I stopped playing. It was a real revelation for me. Very cool.

#18 10 years ago

The quality of the finish on the lock bar, and legs. It "feels" comfortable when you have your hands on The lock bar. The audio bass can be felt ( small vibrations) when you have your hands on it. It feels solid as well as comfortable. I was surprised at the overall experience. The feel and audio, just adds to the experience.

#19 10 years ago

I picked up my game last night. We played at the factory and saw a bunch of new features and rules. It played great. I am psyched to set it up and play.

// Error: Image 110569 not found //

#20 10 years ago

The crystal ball is really neat they added a lot of video to it, the issue I have is while playing it's reall hard to see through peoples heads as they are bent over the playfield glass looking into the ball. Biff's for everybody at that point

The shaker motor is great, not to over the top, not enough to vibrate stuff loose but just engough to give you the effect without the excessive rattle.

The built in Digital Stereo sound system, amazing.

The LCD is a welcomed game changer for sure, and it is implemented very well with game play.

The out lane games are great, love the Balloon that starts no place like home.

Witch magnets are cool, just like in the TAF

Artwork has excellent detail and covered the movie well.

The haunted forest bumper tree's are just to cool.

Roll over targets are awesome. ( tinman, scarecrow, lion, toto )

and so much more to go on about........

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The crystal ball is really neat they added a lot of video to it, the issue I have is while playing it's reall hard to see through peoples heads as they are bent over the playfield glass looking into the ball. Biff's for everybody at that point
The shaker motor is great, not to over the top, not enough to vibrate stuff loose but just engough to give you the effect without the excessive rattle.
The built in Digital Stereo sound system, amazing.
The LCD is a welcomed game changer for sure, and it is implemented very well with game play.
The out lane games are great, love the Balloon that starts no place like home.
Witch magnets are cool, just like in the TAF
Artwork has excellent detail and covered the movie well.
The haunted forest bumper tree's are just to cool.
Roll over targets are awesome. ( tinman, scarecrow, lion, toto )
and so much more to go on about........

Dude I like your collection of games!
It gives me great hope that WOZ fits into your collection.

#22 10 years ago

I'm glad to hear the shaker isn't over the top. I don't like how they *can* be added to any new Stern, as some just feel like they are just trying to shake the crap out it, instead of implementing it well into to gameplay, such as with LOTR. RS is over the top, but it fits with that theme.

I was not aware of the headphone jack either, wow. I really am interested to learn if JJP actually makes any money from this machine. I know the price tag is a lot of money, but with all the extras and high end quality parts, I would have to think this first machine is a write off in lieu of starting up and going forward.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I was not aware of the headphone jack either, wow. I really am interested to learn if JJP actually makes any money from this machine. I know the price tag is a lot of money, but with all the extras and high end quality parts, I would have to think this first machine is a write off in lieu of starting up and going forward.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, I don't know how much room there was for a profit on WoZ LE's with everything that was included, maybe more profit on the standard versions but it did pave the way for his company and future machines, now I seriously have my eyes on The Hobbit LE.

#24 10 years ago

Congrats Coaster on your game and I am glad you like it so far.

The ball stop was invented for P2K machines. I had it in my RFM. Very hand little piece of metal. IMO.

Glad to see jack re-implement it though. Thought and care put into the design even on a small level gives solid hope for his company in the years to come.

#25 10 years ago

I would love to get it.

#26 10 years ago

I think you hit the nail on the head here, I don't know how much room there was for a profit on WoZ LE's with everything that was included, maybe more profit on the standard versions but it did pave the way for his company and future machines, now I seriously have my eyes on The Hobbit LE.

The most amazing part is Jack said this will be the worst game they will ever produce. After playing my Woz for 2 days, I'm trying to figure out how that will be possible. This is one hard act to follow. Go for it jack!

#27 10 years ago

Have you guys found any areas that need Mylar, like ball drops and such? Want to be prepared.

#28 10 years ago

Mylar already applied from the factory in those areas, just some Cliffy's would be nice soon around the popper holes.

#29 10 years ago

As above..
PLUS.. getting a random mirrored backglass.... mine says "We're off to see the Wizard" which I would prefer most of all the ones available
unfortunately mine showed up with paint that rubbed off from a nut in the head box..
Jack immediately responded and spoke with me and asked what the saying was on the bottom.. I got in such a hurry checking the game out late last PM I didn't even notice the saying.. oh well, new one on the way. Great service, love that, too!

#30 10 years ago

Could someone clarify the TOTO shot for me? I was reading a review on the top 100 PAGE on WOZ
The Pinsider in question thinks the TOTO shot punished him unjustly.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hadn't he already lost his ball? Isn't the TOTO shot a free chance to get it back?

#31 10 years ago

Yes he already lost his ball, and it's a chance to get it back. He is a retarded wizard...

#32 10 years ago

UHM he has it so TOTOaLLY wrong.
When you drain on the left you get the CHANCE to light the targets with the ballon. If you turn the targets white (all of them) then the ball drains and your given the over the rainbow mode with targets to achieve in order to "Save your ball"
TOTO is the same. This guy did not understand that. His ball was already dead from going out. If TOTO is all lit then you get a one shot chance to hit the ramp and save toto and your ball. If it he played on earlier code that chance was nearly impossible because the timer was set for like 5 seconds. Now it is fine. You get the ball back to flippers and probably have a few seconds to hit hte ramp then toto and your ball are back in play......

He really should redo his review. It is completely WRONG and unfair.

You don't try to drain. But, when you do shake the machine to light stuff up to try and get the chance to save your ball. It's actually ingenious and fun.

#33 10 years ago

another example of how useless the ratings are

#34 10 years ago

What I love best is that I should have mine within a few weeks!

#35 10 years ago

WOZ looks amazing. I may have to get me one.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

WOZ looks amazing. I may have to get me one.

buy Sam's

#37 10 years ago

BTW, Over The Rainbow mode is awesome. I completed like three of the stages and kept trying to watch the videos in between with sneak peeks which caused my drain

#38 10 years ago

It's a deal breaker I tell ya.!!!! For someone who has played for so long, he makes a big boo boo right there.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Could someone clarify the TOTO shot for me?
The review written below was from a pinsider who thinks the shot punished him unjustly.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hadn't he already lost his ball? Isn't the TOTO shot a free chance to get it back? See below for his review and the "TOTO incident"
PS. the guy is a Wizard!
Review by KAYTROX
“First things first... I only played 2 games on this table, so I kind of fixed my rating to be right in line with the average, because I wanted to comment on it, rather than rate it. It is a beautiful piece of art, quite possibly, the nicest I have seen.
I have 50 years experience playing pins, and YES, I am a Wizard! I play mostly EM'a at the Silverball, and really did not intend to even try this one out. However, the staff down there all know me well, and I was asked to give it a try, and offer my opinion on it. Although I do not like modern games in general, it doesn't bias my view, because they are what they are, and by design, they are not intended for players like me to salivate over.
The first thing I noticed is that the left outlane drain was unforgiving, and downright punishing. The next thing to catch my attention, was when I was told that I had ONE shot to save Toto. I thought that my failure to accomplish this task would just cost me a big juicy one-time bonus score. Imagine my SHOCK, when I didn't make the shot, and I was PUNISHED by the flippers going dead, and the device TAKING the ball from me. I might as well have picked my end up in the air 2 feet and dropped it... same result.
New York kind of had it right, when they declared pins to be gambling devices. Although they don't kick out cash, how much you pay for the time you play is directly related to your skill level. Not to mention that you can sell your games off to some bright-eyed kid, at a serious discount, and still walk away with a few extra quarters in your pocket.
The machines have a list of rules and a summary of how the game is played, which you are welcome to read before you put any money in it. There have been a lot of machines I didn't play over the years, because I was not going to ... ahem... gamble.. under the guidelines that were presented to me. This is one of those cases. ALL pins are designed to PUNISH you through missed opportunities, and ill-advised shots, which will cost you score, and/or a quick drain. However, to have a machine tell me that my failure to make ONE shot, AUTOMATICALLY costs me my ball through the process of disabling my flippers???!!! THAT is a deal breaker! So even though I'm playing a machine that is set on free play, in the back of my mind, I'm always thinking of how much money it would be costing me, if I were pumping it in.
And a deal breaker is just that... A deal breaker! So that will end my review and comment, because I will NEVER play this machine again, regardless of how beautiful it is.
6/22/2013 KAYTROX”

Sounds like a sore loser.

#40 10 years ago

BTW, Over The Rainbow mode is awesome. I completed like three of the stages and kept trying to watch the videos in between with sneak peeks which caused my drain

I agree, I played this at hitch's yesterday, and got to the third stage of four stages - not bad for a mode from the left drain after your ball would be over on most other machine.

I noticed balls from the shooter lanes getting caught before the lane changers at the top right, anyone else notice that?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I agree, I played this at hitch's yesterday, and got to the third stage of four stages - not bad for a mode from the left drain after your ball would be over on most other machine.
I noticed balls from the shooter lanes getting caught before the lane changers at the top right, anyone else notice that?

Not sure what you mean? Ball not making it to the OZ lanes at the top right of the playfield from the shooter lane?

#42 10 years ago

It was hanging up when being plunged, no matter if it was hard or not, and not making it sometimes to the lanes. It wasn't a clean plunge to the top lanes.

#43 10 years ago

When i first saw that pop balloon i thaught it was a chance to shoot the ball back into playfield. But so far i did not see it.

Is that possible?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

When i first saw that pop balloon i thaught it was a chance to shoot the ball back into playfield. But so far i did not see it.
Is that possible?

I was playing the game at Two Bits arcade and the ball popped back onto the playfield a couple of times from the balloon bumper.

I also noticed that the game was still scoring during the left outlane mode to get your ball back, as I managed to get a replay during that mode.

#45 10 years ago

Wow guys bring on the thumbs down I guess?
I was just asking a question sheesh

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow guys bring on the thumbs down I guess?
I was just asking a question sheesh

I think the TDs were for the quoted Kaytrox screed.

#47 10 years ago

My bad I didn't know I wasn't supposed to quote ratings
I will edit my post
Thanks

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Is that possible?

It is possible.

#49 10 years ago

That is a fun feature.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It was hanging up when being plunged, no matter if it was hard or not, and not making it sometimes to the lanes. It wasn't a clean plunge to the top lanes.

Aaron,
I inspected the pin after you left. There is a small piece of Mylar to protect the playfield, in that lane and during production, I guess it was installed such that, there is a bubble, which caused the ball hang up. I left a message at JJP, and I got a message on Saturday, that they were going to send a replacement on Monday. Not bad support. I expected a message on Monday during work hours, not 2 hours after I post a message on a Saturday. Problem solved.
By the way I got past all 4 stages of the rainbow mode on Saturday and got to 243K, after you left. I love that mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-owners-things-you-love-about-the-machinegame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.