(Topic ID: 103168)

WOZ owners ... does your crystal ball display a debug dump at times?

By CraZ4Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Manimal
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WOZ owners: Since owning your WOZ have you encounterd the issue of seeing a debug dump in the crystal ball?”

• Yes - and it still does it 20 votes
    61%
  • Yes - but adding glue to the cable fixed it (or some other fix?) 2 votes
    6%
  • No - I have never seen this issue with my WOZ 11 votes
    33%

(33 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc.jpg
20140914_002809.jpg
20140914_000541.jpg
image-725.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My woz never has the debug on the screen. It's due to the cable feeding it data not being on tight enough. It wiggles loose because it's close to the vuk. Put a dab of hot glue on it and it won't happen again. It used to reset the game and we "Addressed that issue".

In a different thread Alex (*Pinchroma) stated the above fix for the crystal ball issue where a debug dump is displayed in the crystal ball after a given amount of time (thus requiring a reboot of the game in order to fix it.) I'm wondering ...

1) Is there anyone (who owns WOZ) whose crystal ball has never had this issue?
2) Have others heard of the above fix and did it work for you?
3) Do you think applying hot glue (incorrectly or accidentally) could potentially negate your warranty?

It seems strange to me that a "loose cable" is causing this on nearly every WOZ and why, if the cable is just loose, does rebooting the game fix the issue every time?

#4 9 years ago

That is absolutely ridiculous Dave. Yes, I have negative opinions about some aspects of JJP and WOZ in particular. But I try to always express them in a civil manner (unlike others) and you completely ignore the numerous positive comments I have given to JJP/WOZ ... from the code/depth to the latest barrels shown for Hobbit. I gave high praise.

I believe my above post has been stated with ZERO anger toward JJP and is a very fair question for WOZ owners. Get over yourself.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Except that I gave you the answer. Lloyd verified it (as if the answer coming from the authoritative source wasn't good enough). This thread's only purpose is to try and be provocative.

Jesus, get over yourself Alex!! The purpose of this thread is to better understand how widespread the problem is and if there is a better solution than using hot glue on my game!! Now suddenly you are the "authoritative source" on game fixes?!? Seriously? I thought you weren't even employed by JJP?!? I thought Lloyd was the head of the JJP service department? Lloyd did NOT mention using hot glue!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ok then . Maybe you didn't read the attract mode In your game so I'll show you a screenshot.
You're right. I'm not authoritative on the physical platform of the game.

Well then, that's great for you. You're an official employee now apparently. Shame on you for coming on a public forumn and attacking people who have a negative opinion on any aspect of your company's games. Shame on you for calling others names, bullying them, and acting like an adolescent in general. And shame on you for trying to avoid/deny/discredit clear issues that exist on a majority of games coming from your company.

Way to represent Jersey Jack Pinball.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd didn't have to. It's already hot glued on. If someone removes it or it's not on tight. They should hot glue it again.
LTG : )

Alex specifically stated to "ADD a dab of hot glue". But you're saying I shouldn't have to do that? Or rather, it's not an issue on the majority of WOZ's? That everyone who is seeing this issue must have a loose cable from the factory, correct?

I checked my cables and they seem tight ... although I didn't leave it on for a half hour right now to see if it happened again.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

CraZ4Pin, have you stopped beating your wife?
See that? That is a classic example of a loaded question. It seeks to place you in a corner so no matter what you answer, it's bad. I can then follow it up with questions from either side further loading it up. As we can see from your answers above your solution is to attack Alex (again). Dude, sell your game and take a sabbatical. How can you even stand to have that shiny glass in your house? Your tummy must grumble every time you look at it.

I asked an honest question to WOZ owners with zero anger, insults, or insinuating anything negative whatsoever. Why am I being attacked for that?

#16 9 years ago

Ummm .. moderators?? Hellllo? Who is starting the drama here?? Why is my post not fair and why is it fair for them to personally attack me ... repeatedly??

How about YOU stay out of MY thread JJP employee Alex?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have seen this a few times now, but never thought to look if it was a known problem. I always chalked it up to a software glitch and never gave it much notice. I have a recently built game with the connector glued in place securely from the factory. Looks like it is not always a loose connector.
I'm glad I checked into this anyway because on closer inspection the crystal ball was installed touching the VUK wire form and it had started getting marred from the shock and vibration. I was able to loosen and tweak it so it is centered in the wire form like it is supposed to be. This does make me think that the problem might be a shock vibration problem possibly with the SD card or the circuitry in the display in addition to loose cables.
While checking all the connectors on the CPU box were tight, I noticed two cut off pieces of white zip tie inside the cabinet speaker and a loose black screw that looks like a #4 sitting on the EMI cover. I searched all around and can't find where that screw came from. I'll have to dig a little deeper because it wasn't there the last time I opened the machine.

Thanks John, I appreciate taking the time to take a picture. That's interesting that your game is "recently built" and you're still seeing the problem that most are. My game is from October 2013 and also appears to have the hot glue on the connector ... but I'm still seeing the issue. My cable(s) seem very secure to me so there must be some other cause. As I said, it doesn't seem logical to me that if it was simply a loose wire then why does rebooting the game alone fixt it? Oh well, I'll keep playing with it.

As for the screw you found ... double check your tree toppers. There should be 2 screws on each (on the top/backside). Most people have needed to added Loctite or something to the screws to keep them from coming off.

cc.jpgcc.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 91.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-owners-does-your-crystal-ball-display-a-debug-dump-at-times?tu=CraZ4Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.