• Latest reply 12 years ago by AbacusMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st6.jpg
rh.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 12 years ago

RBION is fun. For such a large commitment, I would wait and see if you like WOZ (or read reviews) if that might be your one big buy. It'll be out by summer. Never played road house. (They made a Patrick Swayze pin???) STTNG--not a fan at all, and these tend to be problematic. Def pass on it. And I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest my favorite pin these days, WPT.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A good and much cheaper alternative to WOZ would be TSPP. It has the same designer and programmer as WOZ, as well as a similar layout, better theme, and it's the deepest game ever made.-at least until WOZ comes out. It's a great pin for a small collection because of it's depth and challenging play. I'm super excited for WOZ to come out and think it will be a fantastic game (probably a top 5 game), but I honestly think it will be hard to top TSPP. Plus it's less than half the price of WOZ, so it's a relative bargain!
With the rest of your pin funds, I would recommend getting a STTNG. I think it's the best game ever made! Fantastic rules, flow, theme, gameplay, etc. It does require a bit of maintenance because of the games' complexity, but it's totally worth it!

Just messin' with the Swayze comment. TSPP--OK, but I'm not a huge fan of that pf. I still recommend WPT. (Plus you can find one for around $2k or less!) Don't be deceived by looks (esp. the translite--ugh!). WPT is a Steve Ritchie/Keith Johnson collaboration. One great thing about it is the main shots are very long (to the upper corners) and satisfying. Plus, it has a real playable mini-pf (not a gimmick) with multiple objectives. And, to top it off, 16 slick drop targets. The rules are amazing--you can just hit the ball around and go for ramps/orbits, sure. But when you get into it, there are many deeper strategies and competing options for every single shot. Lots of great modes, stackable multiballs, wizard modes and a super wizard mode (Keefer Invitational). It's a solid, addictive game with great flow, and each time you play you can focus on one or 2 aspects, or go for everything. Did I mention the killer Chris Granner soundtrack?

And another nay for STTNG. You should be sure you really like it before considering buying one. And they are problematic to maintain. WPT >> STTNG IMO.

As for WOZ, I have one on pre-order. I think it will leave TSPP in the dust. From all indications, it's going to take pinball to a new level, long overdue. But there will be WOZs available NIB for some time to come.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-or?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.