WOZ or TWDLE plus a 3k game

By Audioenslaved

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I either have an opportunity to get a WOZAURELE or a TWDLE plus a shadow or dr who or something similar. So my question is what do people think about WOZ and TWDLE/Prem as these are the two games that I'm really comparing here. And would a combo of TWDLE plus another game push it past just a WOZ?

#2 8 years ago

I would play each machine a bunch of times and see which one you personally like best.

#3 8 years ago

The Walking Dead really could have been a better game if they used the real actors voices etc.
I realize that's a license issue, but because of this and the bad voices they used instead, my 2 cents would be Wizard Of Oz. Or if you can wait, The Hobbit.

#4 8 years ago

I really don't mind the voices on TWD to be honest fits the theme yeah they might've been better with the show voices but I really like the voices from Xmen and I'm probably in the minority there too! The hobbit I'm not really a huge fan of looking at the videos it kind of just looks like a huge fish tales and not much else going on...

#5 8 years ago

I would personally pick WOZ. I was very anti WOZ before owning one and really playing it. I've got to say, I could not have been more wrong. I've been through 40 pins and this one is definitely in my top 3....maybe even #1. It's hard to even really compare another game to it. The rule set is incredible and the machine is stunning.

I haven't played TWDLE...just the pro. I hated it. I wanted to love it because I'm a big Walking Dead fan. But I just couldn't get on board with this game. Pumped about 20 bucks through it and got more and more disappointed in myself as I kept burning my money through it. I kept thinking I'd like it if I played it more...but it was the exact opposite. I've also heard they jumped shipped on the code too....so I just could not see myself buying one.

#6 8 years ago

WOZ. TWD isn't bad, but the callouts are lame.

#7 8 years ago

I own TWDLE, WOZLE, and the shadow. TWDLE is still up in the air and only time will tell where the code takes it. I personally like the layout and its brutal nature. I love the shadow... its one of the my favorite games. I would say those combined are greater than WOZ. I really like WOZ and plan on keeping it a really long time.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I own TWDLE, WOZLE, and the shadow. TWDLE is still up in the air and only time will tell where the code takes it. I personally like the layout and its brutal nature. I love the shadow... its one of the my favorite games. I would say those combined are greater than WOZ. I really like WOZ and plan on keeping it a really long time.

And that's the bug thing I like about TWD it's absolutely brutal! Out of those pops a little wrong and your buggered... I've only played a few games on woz and barely scratched the surface but I've had some really fun games on TWD with a few multiballs and a few modes too. This hobby is a pain in the bum!

#9 8 years ago

My wife and I are huge fans of TWD and were so excited when the announcement broke. We waited and are glad we did. The game is brutal. Getting punished with a drain for missing a shot is fine, but making clean shots and being rewarded with drains is frustrating on a level that killed the fun for us. I love my Shadow, it's only brutal when you're shooting poorly and it's challenging enough to hold up for a while. I really can't gush enough about it, it's a great game. I like WOZ a lot and If I could convince my wife to sell either TOTAN or CV, i'd love to own one. Sadly, I'd have to sell my IJ in order to get one and that aint happening for the foreseeable future.

Cliff notes: I'd pick WOZ in your situation. If it was financially feasible, i'd try to get a package deal on WOS and TS. It would be great to have an involved, deep game and a zippy, short ball time game alongside it. My $.02

#10 8 years ago

TWDLE right now is only OK, but it will improve and not show up for sale much, once the final code is finished sometime in 2018.
WOZ I am biased. Not a fan, or should I say a lot of better titles out there for that cash (I would rather have a ST Premium/LE, or the new Kiss).

I would choose TWDLE over WOZ, but if it were me I'd wait entirely.
Once Kiss starts delivering, people left and right will be selling pins to buy Kiss. The next Stern could be even better (Winter is Coming).

#11 8 years ago

Well my current lineup is avengers, spiderman (which I'm in the process of selling), xmen, flintstones and whitewater. The last 3 probably will never leave me! I've completely restored wh2o and I love that game! Xmen is fast and flowy! Flintstones is just fun! And well everyone knows how absolutely brutal avengers can be!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

The game is brutal. Getting punished with a drain for missing a shot is fine, but making clean shots and being rewarded with drains is frustrating on a level that killed the fun for us.

Right on.
The above point--shoot/score.

The defective ramp exit on the left side (right ramp shot), the crappy Woodbury shot, and the outlanes in general, which desparately need a ball save in the next code, like ST PRO put in.

#13 8 years ago

Yes then there is the potential for a GoT pin... But hey it's what's out there now!

#14 8 years ago

Oh ps WOZ's here in Oz are $12kAUD

#15 8 years ago

I don't mean to talk real bad about TWD, though. If you like to be physical with the machine, you can have a much better time with it. Personally, I don't like feeling like i'm in a Judo match when I play, but you may like that style of play. It kind of feels like you're fighting for your life the entire time to keep the ball alive, so I guess the theme integration there was brilliant. Not having the actor's voices didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I think the smart money is on the Premium for this title

#16 8 years ago

If at night you sometimes enjoy to dress up in womens clothes then WOZ for sure but otherwise TWDLE and The Shadow are the way to go.

#17 8 years ago

2 machines. Just a WOZ will get boring after a while. I am getting a little bored of it as it is in my 5 machine line up. Good thing im only borrowing it! Its a fun game, but after you do everything (aside from the insanely hard final wizard mode that I will probably never get to), it gets old. Great light show, its super fun for a while, but it just doesnt last for me.

#18 8 years ago

Neither.

#19 8 years ago

I own both and think that WOZ has so much more to offer as far as game play. They both have their pro's and cons. WOZ is lame for it's theme but has a lot of variety of different shots on the playfield. TWD is a much better theme for a pinball but theirs nothing all that exciting to aim for on the playfield because it's pratically all bash toys or the ball in the pop bumpers a third of the time. If you could take WOZ and change its theme to TWD , now that would be one awesome game!

Just my 2 cents.

#20 8 years ago

WOZ is so divided between love/hate to the point that asking other people's opinions on it isn't even worthwhile.

But I'd go WOZ

#21 8 years ago

You wanna bash zombies in a great rush on TWD + another one game or walk the yellow brick road with red shoes on singing somewhere over the rainbow?

Most people still have to find out why twd is a great game. Most believe it's bad because of the lack of original callouts a stdm reputation which is non existing on most games (at least on the 5 I played).
I can assure you twd has really great sound fx (hit the well walker for example and listen to the very creepy background sfx lasting about 5 to 10 seconds).

#23 8 years ago

Walking dead will get much better when the code is finished - look at the leap Star Trek made.

And WD is already a good game - once you focus on bloodbath and the stack with prison you'll enjoy it. Many just whack at the middle the whole game of course it's lame when you do that.

WOZ is awful.

Shadow is love it or hate it but the horrible theme doesn't do it any favors.

I'd certainly say a WD plus some other quality B/W game is preferable to WOZ. But then I'd take a rash over WOZ.

#24 8 years ago

In my opinion, head to head, WOZ is a slightly better game than TWDLE. Now, that could change once Lyman completes the code for the game. But at this time, WOZ wins.

While the TWD Pro may punish people for making clean shots, my TWDLE does not punish you for making shots, only for missing them. Mine does not have the STDM from the Pops or the magnets except on the rare "ball is wild" exception.

The call outs can be fixed with Pinball Browser. Mine has the show voices and it makes the game 1000X better. Since TWD is on the SAM system, any issues with the call outs can be fixed with some networking or your own effort to create new call outs for the game.

Now, I do not believe that WOZ is better than TWDLE + Shadow, or TWDL + Dr Who. If you have the room for both, then in my opinion, get the TWDLE + another game of your choice instead of getting the WOZ.

But if you do get TWDLE + Shadow, be prepared to take a pinball beating. Both games can be tough as nails, but you will have quite a bit of fun learning to take that pinball beating.

Good luck!

Marcus

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I was very anti WOZ before owning one and really playing it. I've got to say, I could not have been more wrong. I've been through 40 pins and this one is definitely in my top 3....maybe even #1.

I'm the exact opposite. I was very pro-WOZ before owning it. Once I got it in my home, I found that I didn't really care for the gameplay. As a huge fan of TSPP, this really surprised me. Even with its early code, I like TWDLE way more.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

WOZ is so divided between love/hate to the point that asking other people's opinions on it isn't even worthwhile.

WOZ is a very polarizing game. No doubt about it. I don't hate it, but my feelings toward it definitely lean closer to hate than love. One thing that really bothered me was the upper flipper. I just felt there was an extreme lack of satisfying shots to make with it. This is in stark contrast to TSPP, which has a really fun upper flipper. I also didn't particularly care for either of the mini playfields. At the end of the day, the game just wasn't my cup of tea. I can totally see why people would love it, though. It's stunningly beautiful, and Kieth's ruleset is a masterpiece.

#26 8 years ago

I absolutely LOOOOOVE my crazy pimped out TWD pro and would not let it go for anything!!

#27 8 years ago

Follow the Yellow Brick Road or Follow the Zombie Trail of Blood. I know which way i am going. The Shadow also knows.

#28 8 years ago

WOZ. Game is awesome.

#29 8 years ago

Have you considered TWD PRO? And another game like Metallica Pro?

I just don't see the value in TWDLE or Premium.

I own a pro, wanted a Premium when they released it. I went and played and really just did not think it was worth the extra.

#30 8 years ago

I have both ad I would go with the woz,but the code may be improved on twdle but I am doubting there commitment

#31 8 years ago

I love WOZ but I would rather have a TWD LE + Shadow or Dr. Who. Go with TWDLE and Shadow. If possible you should consider Kiss LE/premium + shadow, it'll be out soon enough for test play and could be a winner.

#32 8 years ago

I vote for WOZ and Shadow. I think you'll like that

#33 8 years ago

TWDLE + Shadow. TWD / TWDLE is going to get a code update pretty soon and it will be awesome!

#34 8 years ago

WOZ hands-down.

#35 8 years ago

75% of the responses are rooted in Stern vs JJP. Play them and make the decision best for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 91.00
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-or-twdle-plus-a-3k-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.