Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TZBen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I had this sweet TAF picked out and was trying to make room in my man cave(by selling a few pinball machines) so I can fit it in there but after watching all these WOZ videos I think I would be interested in one of those instead? Do I go with the sure thing or take the gamble with WOZ? I does look pretty sweet!

#3 11 years ago

Go with the sure thing that you can put in there now. You would/will be waiting quite a while for WOZ to arrive.

#4 11 years ago

When are they suppose to arrive?

#5 11 years ago

Sounds like a monies issue to me. If you have a sweet deal on the TAF I might do it...but not a real fan of the game. I feel like a WOZ might be able to dump quick for big cashe'. That's a tuffy.

#6 11 years ago

Get TAF and sell it around the time WOZ arrives.

#7 11 years ago

WoZ could be 6 months out. Get something now and sell something to get WoZ then.

#8 11 years ago

Get the Taf if you got a line on a nice one - getting hard to find, you can always get a WOZ later, no problem with availability there, (if they ever ship).

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

that would be my vote

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

kwiKimart said:

that would be my vote

Mine too, buy TAF now, sell and buy WOZ, you get to play both

#11 11 years ago

Why wait?

#12 11 years ago

gamble

#13 11 years ago

Taf now WoZ later.

#14 11 years ago

+20 TAF now then WOZ

assuming you can let go of TAF to get your WOZ later.

#15 11 years ago

My mom got the pinball fever and was looking at WOZ. When she realized it wasn't even done, she got a TAF and hasn't regretted it at all. Plays it nightly, instead of sitting, waiting, and watching videos. I say get the TAF now, then you can always sell later if you have to have a WOZ.

#16 11 years ago

Buy AF now, when WOZ is *IN STOCK* make the trade/sale for it.

I think WOZ is a looooong way out, especially for someone preordering 2 years behind the others.

Speaking of preordering... based on track records & historical data there is no way I would drop $7k now just to wait at the end of the line knowing darn well HUO's will go FS way before your NIB is even built.

If real money leaves my hands I want a real machine.

Forget AF, get a LOTR

#17 11 years ago

By TAF for $4k, wait until next summer until WoZ is finally available for those that didn't preorder, then sell TAF for the $6k it will probably be going for by then and buy a used WoZ for $6k.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Go with the sure thing that you can put in there now. You would/will be waiting quite a while for WOZ to arrive.

+1

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Like others, I agree with this. No one is quite sure when WOZ is gonna be out. And if you have a TAF picked out, get it. Gotta strike while the iron is hot!

#20 11 years ago

I changed my mind. Get the TAF, it's freaking great.
there will always be a woz down the road.

#21 11 years ago

I agree get a pin you want now and when WOZ start to hit the scene you can sell something to pick it up.

#22 11 years ago

I hope you ran to pick up the TAF already.......

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hope you ran to pick up the TAF already.......

I'm still dealing with guy. He obviously knows what he has and is trying to gouge me a little. I'm currently trying to use reverse psychology on him with no prevail. Once I buy TAF, I won't be able to give it up after.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If real money leaves my hands I want a real machine.
Forget AF, get a LOTR

+1 X Infinity

Get the deep game! And, if you still want WOZ by the time it comes out, make room for both.

#25 11 years ago

buy taf, nice ones are hard to come by. sell it next year.

#26 11 years ago

I too would go with the WOZ ! After all, TAF was the most produced machine ever made.

Looking at pictures and videos of JJPinball's wizard of oz, I'm really impressed! It looks amazing! Reading about game play... that too sounds promising!

-Aaron
Iowa Pinball Club

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from IowaPinballClub:

I too would go with the WOZ ! After all, TAF was the most produced machine ever made.
Looking at pictures and videos of JJPinball's wizard of oz, I'm really impressed! It looks amazing! Reading about game play... that too sounds promising!
-Aaron
Iowa Pinball Club

The pics and vids of WOZ are what got me second guessing my TAF purchase. It looks rad!

#28 11 years ago

jjp is gonna be building these things in the future. what if Jack crunches the numbers now that he has a feel for what elements are included in the game and raises his price to 8k for a "regular" upon full release. You've looked at that game, what do you think Stern would charge?

food for thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-or-taf-what-to-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.