Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Those are the final four for my next pin - once the Addams sells or gets traded. Looking for deeper pin that will last long and compliment my soon to arrive Ghostbusters. That would put WoZ and TSPP top tier but i like those themes the least.

Thoughts? Been happy with all of them based on play. The only thing I really figured out is that MET Premium is not with it over pro IMO. Otherwise it's been challenging although still leaning WoZ top.

#2 7 years ago

WOZ or MET. With GB coming though I would lean WOZ though Metallica is awesome.

#3 7 years ago

Same boat as you recently, as I sold my GBLE and traded down to a GB PREM.I still want a RRWOZ, but I grabbed a NIB MET PRO for now instead due to price. TSPP I've had trouble finding locally.

#4 7 years ago

I have a HUO TSPP thats perfect in every way. Looks like I just slid it out of the box.

#5 7 years ago

Have you played tspp? It looks cool but I just couldn't get into it. They have one at kickback cafe, along with IJ, in lawrenceville if you wanted to get some games in. Any of the other 3 works but I'd personally go met.

#6 7 years ago

Tspp would be the cheapest though

#7 7 years ago

thanks - I have played it and I actually liked it more than I thought. The theme holds me back a bit though. I actually went to that cafe recently to play both TSPP and IJ and was let down a bit with IJ. I've played MET now twice (pro and prem) - very good game I just get concerned about depth. Right now it's cool but not sure it will last with it's variety.

#8 7 years ago

I have woz and metallica. Easily woz is your best choice. Metallica and GB will feel very similar to each other. Woz will blow your doors off. Woz is far deeper, prettier, better toys, LCD, etc. Both are fun, but woz hands down here.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Same boat as you recently, as I sold my GBLE and traded down to a GB PREM.I still want a RRWOZ, but I grabbed a NIB MET PRO for now instead due to price. TSPP I've had trouble finding locally.

Kidchrisso has one & lives in High Ridge IIRC

#10 7 years ago

If deeper rules is most important then I think TSPP is the best of the bunch. Fantastic game with lots to do and all of it stackable.

If theme is most important then only you can decide. But IJ is one of my all time favorites because of how well the theme is integrated into the pin art, design and rules. Its not as deep as the others but there is a lot to do and its pretty varied. Modes aren't all slightly different versions of the same thing.

If they only put the AC/DC music and theme on Metallica then it might be one of my favorites. I like Metallica layout and rules but not a fan of the music except for two or three songs.

#11 7 years ago

thanks guys. Feel like the MET is fading now. As for the IJ - any additional detail on how it's varied and the modes aren't the same would be helpful. Based on a few plays - it seemed kind of slow and the shots were limited with half the PF covered above. Again - I know there is a gem there but it didn't make the best first impression although the last game I played did make me want more....

#12 7 years ago

Go with TSPP... it is deep, but allows you to play it however you want. Keep the tv timer running and start stacking everything up, it will go from feeling stop and go to chaotic.

#13 7 years ago

WOZ hands down. I used to think theme mattered a lot, but gameplay and the playfield layout are what matter most to me, along with deep code.

#14 7 years ago

WOZ, easily. Freakin awesome pin.

#15 7 years ago

IJ is very shallow compared to the other three.

#16 7 years ago

If you don't like the simpons, don't buy tspp. One of the great things about the game is theme integration. If you don't get or don't like the Simpsons, you won't fully appreciate the game.

IJ is a wide body so it may feel slower. Lots of modes, it's not an easy game to do really well in if you set it up properly. Great theme integration.

Don't have a lot of time on WOZ or met, but WOZ never clicked with me. It is a beautiful game, though. I'm not a fan of Metallica music and I already have iron man, which is a very similar layout, though obviously different rule set.

My personal choice would be TSPP, but your personal choice may be different. Unless you have a lot of time on all of them, I'd wait to play them all before deciding.

Tspp is the best value game out there right now in terms of depth and what the game offers overall.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have woz and metallica. Easily woz is your best choice. Metallica and GB will feel very similar to each other. Woz will blow your doors off. Woz is far deeper, prettier, better toys, LCD, etc. Both are fun, but woz hands down here.

I have WOZ and Met as well and I totally agree. Metallica is great, but maybe does not have the depth of some other games.

#19 7 years ago

IJ modes use drop targets, ramps, upper playfield, captive ball, loops in different ways. It does have three video modes which are OK but I generally don't care for any video modes in pinball.

It is definitely shallower than the other three games. However, complexity is only one factor that makes a great game.

To me, the IJ integration of movie quotes, music, sound effects, dmd effects and custom speech is second to none in pinball. The layout is a bit cramped but it does have long loops, ramps and a shot to the captive ball.

As I said before, if complexity of rules is the most important factor, then others (for me TSPP) on your list are better. I agree with others on this thread that you better like Simpsons theme or else it won't last.

For over all pinball experience and fun, IJ is top 5 for me. But that's the beauty of pinball. My 5 is different form most anyone else's 5.

#20 7 years ago

went with WoZ RR. Played it over the weekend and had to get one. Gorgeous game HUO with low plays. Now I need to learn the rules!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

went with WoZ RR. Played it over the weekend and had to get one. Gorgeous game HUO with low plays. Now I need to learn the rules!

Congrats, and excellent choice. Actually all your options were great games. I'm sure you'll be happy with woz for a long time.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The best of the bunch, but not a mode based game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 16.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-or-met-or-tspp-or-ijtpa?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.