Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Since entering this new life I've already purchased my first two pins (TZ and CFTBL) within five days of one another and am seeking advice for my third...which leads me to my question.

I would say WOZ so you have a new game to compare to two 90's classics. I think it is good to have a mixed floor of games, between old and new. Also, it is great to support the hobby by buying a NIB game from an existing manufacturer. That is my view anyway.

Welcome to the hobby and welcome to pinside. This is an awesome place to be with really good people.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

If you're 2 weeks in, I would enjoy your present games, wait for WOZ to come out, and base your choice on experience. Welcome to the addiction!

Actually, this is very good advice OP. Don't get all the games you want immediatly. Enjoy the hunt!!!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

It's ez, buy the game that's actually a game. MB or any Bally/Williams/Stern title is a buy right now if the price is right! Buy everything you can afford, you wait and it's going to cost you more!! WOZ is a train wreck and not worth consideration. Buy WOZ if you like "Air Pinball", their isn't a machine coming anytime soon. Soon = ~6 to 12 months more! JJP is feeding off a group of people that have no clue what's going on. Hence the Ipad demo of the game, it's all smoke and mirrors!

I know you are not a distributor for jjp but those are overly harsh words for anyone who is at least trying to deliver a high quality new and innovative pinball machine. I'm not in on woz either due to the theme but am happy enough people got in to make the game happen and it will happen and it will be a high quality game, I am confident of that.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Hah...Predator was also on my list, but weren't there only 250 or so made?

Email the Skip people. Even if all 250 are spoken for, no deposits have been made . . . there will be a ton of drop outs once money has to be ponied up . . . let them know you want on the list.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After WOZ got me back into the hobby and I bought one in Feb of 2011 I wanted to add a pin in house as quick as possible.....the BEST thing i did was wait and actually play as many games as i could, luckily I was able to do that in Austin at Pinballz...
I ended up with a LOTR LE and SM and couldn't be happier with those two so far.....What i thought i wanted changed dramatically after I played a lot of these pins.....like many have said, take your time and patience will pay off!

This is the exact same for me. When I got back into the hobby about six months ago after a notable absence, I thought I still wanted all the same classic games. After playing the newer Stern games i realized I wanted Tron. After I had Tron, I figured I'd wait and see what else Stern would release, and I'm glad I did as XMen is epic.

The point is, you don't know what you want unless you play a bunch of games. Go to places like pinballz or joystix or wherever else and play as many games as you can and get a better idea of what you will want longterm in your collection. Don't believe for a second that theme doesn't matter either, long term it really does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-or-mb?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.