Topic poll

“WOZ or DI”

• Wizard of OZ 29 votes
    38%
  • Dialed In 47 votes
    62%

(76 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I think I want to get my first JJP and have narrowed it down to WOZ or DI. Which one would you pick and why?

#2 4 years ago

I would say pick the “theme” you enjoy more. Do you love the movie wizard of Oz or prefer an unlicensed disaster themed pin? I owned a Dialed In and it shoots great- fun layout. Wizard of Oz stills wows everyone that plays it, but unfortunately doesn’t play quite a well as Dialed In. Tough choice

#3 4 years ago

They are very different games.

From a player perspective I’d go with dialed but woz is more appealing to the general public. Both good games.

#4 4 years ago

Dialed in no question

#5 4 years ago

DI seems easier to understand the rules and better shots.

#6 4 years ago

DI gets old super fast. WOZ is better. But there area lot of better pins out there.

#7 4 years ago

I own both, I still think woz is one of the best pins ever made.... but dialed in is a great game as well. can't go wrong with either. the only negative on dialed in is the monotone voice callouts. Very robotic sounding that gets kinda old

#8 4 years ago

Dialed in: the better shooter

WoZ : So ahead of it's time JJP is now working backwards.

If you like the woz theme, prob game of the generation considering how it changed the rules of what a pin can bring from a technical perspective - just like the movie's technical innovation to color.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from i_b_flippin:

I think I want to get my first JJP and have narrowed it down to WOZ or DI. Which one would you pick and why?

No interest in Wonka? I love all jjp pins but Wonka has the great shooting like di and a awesome cool theme like woz. To me Wonka is like a mix of di and woz. But if no interest then di is just plain fun and the code is pretty easy to understand and is my choice Woz is beautiful but it just wasn't as fun and the rules are pretty crazy and difficult. However you wld probably be happy with eaither choice. Good luck

#10 4 years ago

owned both and enjoyed both. DI was the better game in my opinion. It is still probably my favorite of all time.

#11 4 years ago

WOZ hands down, no question, ever.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

WOZ hands down, no question, ever.

Lol.. lots people think differently.

#13 4 years ago

At the end of the day, they are both great games. I agree with KOZ. Go with the theme that you like best. I don’t think you will regret buying either.

#14 4 years ago

DI easy for me; but I don't like WOZ at all.

#15 4 years ago

Your friends and family will all recognize and relate to WoZ. Only pinball guys know of or care about DI. If that matters to you at all.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol.. lots people think differently.

*raises hand*

I did enjoy Woz, but it didn't last too long after the wow factor wore off. But I'm more of a flow/fun shots kinda player, and not a fan of additional tiny playfields... I picked up DI first... still have it, and have yet to remotely tire of playing it. It's by far one of my favorites.

Opinions are gonna vary, you should probably put some time on both if you're stressed about which to get!

#17 4 years ago

DI shoots better but Woz has slightly better rules, theme, art, music etc.

I have both and love both but slight edge to Woz.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

*raises hand*
I did enjoy Woz, but it didn't last too long after the wow factor wore off. But I'm more of a flow/fun shots kinda player, and not a fan of additional tiny playfields... I picked up DI first... still have it, and have yet to remotely tire of playing it. It's by far one of my favorites.
Opinions are gonna vary, you should probably put some time on both if you're stressed about which to get!

Yep same here. Dont get me wrong woz is beautiful with tons of stuff... but the one ramp , code and just the way it plays was not my favorite . And i can't keep them all lol.

#19 4 years ago

i was set on buying woz but now i'm leaning more towards DI. Tough choices.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from i_b_flippin:

i was set on buying woz but now i'm leaning more towards DI. Tough choices.

Go put some good time on both if you can... in a home also if u can as jjp pins usually dont play too well on route or at shows. If i went by playing at those places i wld of never owned any lol.

#21 4 years ago

I personally prefer WOZ more.

#22 4 years ago

If possible play both. Both very deep games, you cant go wrong with either in my book. That said, DI (should) have less issues.... wont have light board issues and they have streamlined the hardware design by then.

#23 4 years ago

Owned both. Dialed In is the better pin by far, in my opinion.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Owned both. Dialed In is the better pin by far, in my opinion.

I’m digging Wonka right now because it’s so different and sometimes magical lighting but Dialed In has everything!

#25 4 years ago

Own and have both. Plan on keeping them for the long haul so for me it's a toss up except having a chance to Melt the Witch trumps anything I have.

Killing Smaug is a close 2nd on Hobbit.

#26 4 years ago

Wow both games are great, I would have a very difficult time choosing. Maybe buy used and flip after a year for the other.

#27 4 years ago

WOZ's corny children story theme has been its primary negative for me in the past, but I'm reconsidering owning one given how much I'm loving JJP's other widebody games - POTC and Hobbit.

DI's overall vibe (and gameplay) has always left me cold. Consequently, I have no desire to own one. There are a lot of other pinheads that obviously would disagree though.

#28 4 years ago

You really can’t go wrong either way. I am loyal to WOZ, it’s just such a magical wonderland under the glass with great toys, light shows and a ton of stuff to do. I think you have to like the theme though - I think that’s the reason I could never get into DI. Like others have said, you really have to play them both and decide for yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-or-di?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.