Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by AbacusMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

st6.jpg
rh.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Just started collecting, and I am a player. I have around 6-7000 left to spend this summer on pins. Would you wait and buy Woz, or get two or three must have for the collection, like road house STTNG and congo? I should have one other pin, my first, coming soon, RBIO. So i still have 6-7k just to be clear, and i could stretch and order Woz but that would be it.

#2 7 years ago

WOZ will be pretty unique, and the first pin from that company. Definitely collectible. I guess the question is would you have just as much fun playing with one really good pin verses a few others. STTNG is pretty awesome. You could trick it out awesome and still get another A list pin for that.

#4 7 years ago

RBION is fun. For such a large commitment, I would wait and see if you like WOZ (or read reviews) if that might be your one big buy. It'll be out by summer. Never played road house. (They made a Patrick Swayze pin???) STTNG--not a fan at all, and these tend to be problematic. Def pass on it. And I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest my favorite pin these days, WPT.

#5 7 years ago

I would save the $$$ and wait until you see what is coming down the pipeline.
JJP's second pin will be sold out in minutes and Stern still has some tricks up it's sleeve to answer WOZ... Or at least that is what I hope.
Good luck with the RBION rommy; welcome to the Pinside!

#6 7 years ago

Red and teds roadhouse haha. You think wpt is right up there ? I like card themed pins.

I am tempted to wait though. Jjp with a follow up and stern one upping. That's a strong argument.

#7 7 years ago

I'd go for the more bang for my buck. I played Indypins Congo today, was a great pin. WPT is a very fun pin also. you could also jump into a A list pin with what you have left. To me Monster Bash is the best pin ever made. You have enough to find one of those. I highly doubt JJP or Stern can top that machine, not saying that WOZ isn't going to be a hit. Anytime you have a choice between a A-list Williams and a A-list Stern I say Williams wins hands down, plus Monster Bash isn't doing nothing but going up in value.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Jjp with a follow up and stern one upping. That's a strong argument.

I think so too!Good times for pinheads ahead. Welcome to pinside, This site and hobby are very addicting.

#9 7 years ago

I must have been tired to type it in wrong twice lol. Red and Teds roadshow. not swayze's famous pin, roadhouse. =). I really like Lawlor's design. I seem to mesh with his games.

MB and CV are more down the line pins for me. If I decide not to go with a new pin, I would rather have four games to play instead of two. Four really top dog, players pins. That is doable. Yes I definitely want the high end collectors pins, but first I want to play like I was 12 again!However, I started another thread looking for a CV. Just because I think it might take a while to find one I like.

I am gonna hold out till I see some video of Woz gameplay. That should only be a matter of weeks right?

Thanks for the welcome guys. Will post pics of growing gameroom once RBIO arrives. I intend to lock myself in with that machine for days! Just love it.

#10 7 years ago

I'm also thinking of getting WoZ, but I do have 3 pins already, (IM,LOTR & AFM) I do have cash for one more pin now, but I'll wait, stern might have a zombie theme coming out next and in the next few weeks jjp will release more artworks.

I'd say get "few pins > one pin"

#11 7 years ago

A good and much cheaper alternative to WOZ would be TSPP. It has the same designer and programmer as WOZ, as well as a similar layout, better theme, and it's the deepest game ever made.-at least until WOZ comes out. It's a great pin for a small collection because of it's depth and challenging play. I'm super excited for WOZ to come out and think it will be a fantastic game (probably a top 5 game), but I honestly think it will be hard to top TSPP. Plus it's less than half the price of WOZ, so it's a relative bargain!

With the rest of your pin funds, I would recommend getting a STTNG. I think it's the best game ever made! Fantastic rules, flow, theme, gameplay, etc. It does require a bit of maintenance because of the games' complexity, but it's totally worth it!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It does require a bit of maintenance because of the games' complexity, but it's totally worth it!

Thats an understatement! But I love my STTNG!!!

#13 7 years ago

TSPP is on the list. I am afraid with budget though, to get three it's about 1k too pricey. Roadshow plays like a champ, deep rules, kids will understand the progression. I could shuffle STTNG down though, and replace with TSPP. How is TSPP on maintenance compared to STTNG ? I have to get the star trek eventually, but could wait til next year.

#14 7 years ago

I always say more pins the better

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A good and much cheaper alternative to WOZ would be TSPP. It has the same designer and programmer as WOZ, as well as a similar layout, better theme, and it's the deepest game ever made.-at least until WOZ comes out. It's a great pin for a small collection because of it's depth and challenging play. I'm super excited for WOZ to come out and think it will be a fantastic game (probably a top 5 game), but I honestly think it will be hard to top TSPP. Plus it's less than half the price of WOZ, so it's a relative bargain!
With the rest of your pin funds, I would recommend getting a STTNG. I think it's the best game ever made! Fantastic rules, flow, theme, gameplay, etc. It does require a bit of maintenance because of the games' complexity, but it's totally worth it!

Just messin' with the Swayze comment. TSPP--OK, but I'm not a huge fan of that pf. I still recommend WPT. (Plus you can find one for around $2k or less!) Don't be deceived by looks (esp. the translite--ugh!). WPT is a Steve Ritchie/Keith Johnson collaboration. One great thing about it is the main shots are very long (to the upper corners) and satisfying. Plus, it has a real playable mini-pf (not a gimmick) with multiple objectives. And, to top it off, 16 slick drop targets. The rules are amazing--you can just hit the ball around and go for ramps/orbits, sure. But when you get into it, there are many deeper strategies and competing options for every single shot. Lots of great modes, stackable multiballs, wizard modes and a super wizard mode (Keefer Invitational). It's a solid, addictive game with great flow, and each time you play you can focus on one or 2 aspects, or go for everything. Did I mention the killer Chris Granner soundtrack?

And another nay for STTNG. You should be sure you really like it before considering buying one. And they are problematic to maintain. WPT >> STTNG IMO.

As for WOZ, I have one on pre-order. I think it will leave TSPP in the dust. From all indications, it's going to take pinball to a new level, long overdue. But there will be WOZs available NIB for some time to come.

#16 7 years ago

Yeah!

rh.jpg

#17 7 years ago

Get a LOTR for now - keep the change in the bank and then play WOZ before committing to purchase. LOTR is one of the best games ever made IMHO and should you wish to sell in order to pick up a WOZ I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble moving it on.

#18 7 years ago

Don't Get me wrong about Sttng,Its a great game and I would not get rid of it unless I was extremely desparate,Its a keeper!

st6.jpg

#19 7 years ago

I would wait for WOZ, but it's tough to wait I know..you could try these combos....

LOTR/SM and JD....or stretch budget out a bit and go....

LOTR/SM and BDK....

#20 7 years ago

I really wanted to get WOZ too. I'm glad I got the BBH insted. Its all up to what you want.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 38.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside