(Topic ID: 13565)

WOZ : one wireform away from PF perfection?

By devil_rider

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

power_motors.jpg
WOZ_MOD_01.jpg

#1 7 years ago

when JJP first released the left half PF teaser sketch, they had my attention

when they released the full sketch, I called it immediately WIDEBODY and
confirmed the same by scaleing the proportions & comparing them with my IJ

Then Dennis Nordman was thrown in the mix, & I LOVE the combos in DM

I was very excited and asked the Mrs if she was in for a NIB pin...she said OK

the more I studied that damn sketch, the more uneasy I became

at the June 30, 2011 deadline for preorder price I had the "order number"
dialed into my phone, but I just couldn't do it

something seemed "missing" so I thought I'd wait & see how things panned out

after seeing the "whitewood video" it hit me........wheres the flow? wheres the combos DN?

so I drew this sketch up & posted it on my local www.aussiearcade.com.au forum
in early September 2011 & left it at that

I cant believe we still have no PF to ponder, so thought theres no harm in generating some

"WOZ, Will it flow?" chat

Will WOZ be a one wireform away from PF perfection?

what do you think pinsiders?

DR

WOZ_MOD_01.jpg

#2 7 years ago

It is hard to tell without knowing how the flying monkey and the upper right playfield factor into those shot paths. Also, where you show the playfield diverter, wouldn't the ball just travel to the right flipper next to the slingshot if you do not use the right middle flipper. Thus a habit trail would be unnecessary since the flow would already be natural.

#3 7 years ago

Nordman didn't design the game. He came after the playfield was designed. He may have input but my guess is he is working on game 2.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nordman didn't design the game. He came after the playfield was designed. He may have input but my guess is he is working on game 2.

Correct.

#5 7 years ago

I think Nordman is working on game three isn't he, the unlicensed one? I thought game two was pretty much confirmed to be the Hobbit.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

WOZ is going to be the Yugo of pinball!

Quoted for comedic value.

#8 7 years ago

Personally I consider it to be more actual pinball that keeps you on your toes than a snoozy spoon-fed shot-fest. But that's just me.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

You have no PF because he's months behind. You might not want to buy if you see the PF, think about it! It's a bad idea showing the playfield!!

You do realize we've already seen the playfield sans art, right?

Looks pretty badass as far as I can tell... Don't mind me though. I'm just a fool who ordered one nearly a year ago and who doesn't mind the wait.

#10 7 years ago

I'm going to PLAY it first before making any judgements about it. Sometimes games are greater than the sum of their parts.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm going to PLAY it first before making any judgements about it. Sometimes games are greater than the sum of their parts.

You're on the unboxing guest list.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

You have no PF because he's months behind. You might not want to buy if you see the PF, think about it! It's a bad idea showing the playfield!! If your looking for good flow this isn't it. It's going to play much like TSPP, flow isn't the word used for this game. Sorry, it flows around the house with one flipper. Boring! That shot between the "Trees" is going to get old fast. Most won't be able to hit it. Consider it closed off. Ramps are going to be an issue? Lack of! That might be the worst part of the game. The Monkey is going to slow the play down to a complete stop. The smart play was not to buy. Here's a slogan, "first game ever sold that you didn't even know you wanted to sell before you received it". WOZ is going to be the Yugo of pinball!

Yeah......
I mean can't they just make a No Fear 2 instead? Jk....... I love everything about WOZ and the theme is growing on me too! I can't wait for mine to show up.

Chris

#13 7 years ago

Hi PK

i've shown you my "shot" map....how about showing us yours!

Now that would be a step in the right direction down the Y.B.R
of progress for the Wonderful WOZ

DR

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Looks pretty badass as far as I can tell

Badass? Hmmmm, don't know if I have heard that one yet.

I guess we'll see, someday.......

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Badass? Hmmmm, don't know if I have heard that one yet.

"Badass" is a word I've used myself to described the teaser images of WOZ. all imo of course.

I don't see how anyone can judge WOZ at all, it's just too early, you haven't even seen 50% or more of the game yet....

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

pinstor12 said:Badass? Hmmmm, don't know if I have heard that one yet.
"Badass" is a word I've used myself to described the teaser images of WOZ. all imo of course.
I don't see how anyone can judge WOZ at all, it's just too early, you haven't even seen 50% or more of the game yet....

YES YES YES!!!!!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Exactly. All I know is that other than the Rainbow plastic I've been happy with everything I've seen so far. None of us will be able to come to a final conclusion until we actually play it.

#18 7 years ago

All I know is I can't wait to see and play this game. I really, really wish I had ordered an LE when I had the chance.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

All I know is I can't wait to see and play this game. I really, really wish I had ordered an LE when I had the chance.

Me too!

#20 7 years ago

I am starting to like the tilt function more and more. It is one part troll eliminator and one part NSFW protector. (2 birds with one stone)

#21 7 years ago

All looks wonderful on this game except I feel the exact same way about that awful looking rainbow plastic.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

That's funny because they are still available for sale on Jack's site. Go order one.

#23 7 years ago

http://www.mipinball.com/

I'm driving up to Michigan in a few weeks and I'll post a bunch of pictures.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

That's funny because they are still available for sale on Jack's site. Go order one.

I just can't right now. We ended up getting a Tron LE instead, back in October.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

RawleyD said:All I know is I can't wait to see and play this game. I really, really wish I had ordered an LE when I had the chance.

JJP has been sold out of WOZECLE for a year. Pinballsales.com bought 100 of them, and those are the ones for sale through their website. Jack said this weekend that they were down to less than 20 of those left.

#26 7 years ago

I think the JJP critics need to stick to designing automobiles.

power_motors.jpg

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

If your looking for good flow this isn't it. It's going to play much like TSPP, flow isn't the word used for this game. Sorry, it flows around the house with one flipper. Boring!

I bought a WoZ LE, so I'm already in. But I have to admit I am also a little bit concerned about this. But the white wood video we saw seemed to have decent flow. I am not at all a fan of TSPP.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Forbelsop said:RawleyD said:All I know is I can't wait to see and play this game. I really, really wish I had ordered an LE when I had the chance.

JJP has been sold out of WOZECLE for a year. Pinballsales.com bought 100 of them, and those are the ones for sale through their website. Jack said this weekend that they were down to less than 20 of those left.

Thanks for clarifying, but like I said... Jack has them available for sale.

Saying that they "sold out" over a year ago is simply is not true. He moved them from one outlet for distribution to another. Nothing wrong with that, it happens all the time in business. But calling them "sold out" implies that they are unattainable. They aren't.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

But calling them "sold out" implies that they are unattainable. They aren't.

They are unattainable at $6,500.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

All looks wonderful on this game except I feel the exact same way about that awful looking rainbow plastic.

I spoke with Jack this weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival. The Rainbow plastic will NOT be used. They thinks its ugly also and I love a business man that can change direction when needed.

Jack also showed me the un-approved playfield artwork on his phone. It is amazing. Much better than I anticipated.

#31 7 years ago

Thanks Kim - the rainbow was a bit out of place.

Mk

#34 7 years ago

Jack will give anyone that wants out a full refund. Why are you just now WOZ trolling? You are 6 months late to the party.

#35 7 years ago

Trolling. Funny.

Why is it "trolling" to correct mis-information about the pricing/availability? Aren't we supposed to help each other out? Telling people that they need to pay 7.5k for a game that can be gotten at 6.5k is not very helpful.

Full Disclosure: I like the THEME, I like the LAYOUT, I like the FLYING MONKEY, I could do without so much GLENDA, and I couldn't care less about the GLASS. LoL.

I'm hoping it's stop and go like a TZ. I think it will need to be in order to deliver all of the fanfare to the various modes. And it looks to be headed that way...

#36 7 years ago

Quick reminder to everyone that the TILT function is not meant to be used if you disagree with someone!

Tilt is there to help tag posts as NSFW - to help hide certain content in case you're
- at your workplace
- on the couch with your iPad and your kids around
- in an internet cafe
- etc. etc.

Please use Tilt for its intended purpose, everyone! Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
$ 11,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benicia, CA
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 12.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside