(Topic ID: 57065)

WOZ on location in Wisconsin Dells (Moosejaw) (updated to 3.0)

By KingPinGames

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cintia-Dicker-Pattern-Bikini.jpg
_MG_6893-75%.JPG
_MG_6761-75%.JPG
IMG_2354.jpeg
image.jpg
20130717_101414.jpg
IMG_2668.PNG
IMG_2667.PNG
IMG_2666.PNG
P1070129.JPG
P1070123.JPG
P1070121.JPG
P1070119.JPG
P1070118.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

That's planking.

Is it technically planking?

My understanding of planking was where the playfield wood starts to swell and creates raised white lines in the playfield.

Mainly on games with age that were subject to either some big temperature or humidity swings.

But these are new games of course--where the phenomena is sealed under a protective clear-coat (that's also flat by comparison); different cause too perhaps--one theory presented: screening/clear-coat applied to wood that was too fresh.

I have seen this on new Sterns, but I wouldn't classify it as common.

Seems to be a minor cosmetic issue only vs. traditional planking; as Stern would say, within production run tolerances for a commercial machine (well, that was the old purpose of these games anyway ).

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Its similar to buying a new car with subjectively "bad" paint or orange peel. Yea, its cosmetic and does not affect function but a visible quality defect. I would expect better.

It will be noteworthy how JJP handles this.

Stern has identical issues with a small percentage their PFs--and their default answer is usually it falls within factory tolerances for a commercial machine.

Nothing sinister: this is just the way it was in this hobby before collectors ruled the day--Ops didn't worry about such things of course.

That said, these days if you put up enough of a stink, you'll probably receive an unpopulated PF for your efforts in a matter such as this from Stern (with photos and a proactive distributor in your corner to argue your case).

My understanding is would have to be a rather extreme/possibly a greater circumstance, to receive a populated PF from Stern--not 100% sure, just relaying what do I know for those effected...perhaps others have more information to add to this.

All said, it's perhaps a different situation here, given the number of collectors who bought LEs vs. commercial...perhaps more leeway will be granted/and it's a different manufacturer.

Cosmetic issue, somewhat subjective.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-on-location-in-wisconsin-dells-moosejaw?tu=NM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.