(Topic ID: 57065)

WOZ on location in Wisconsin Dells (Moosejaw) (updated to 3.0)

By KingPinGames

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cintia-Dicker-Pattern-Bikini.jpg
_MG_6893-75%.JPG
_MG_6761-75%.JPG
IMG_2354.jpeg
image.jpg
20130717_101414.jpg
IMG_2668.PNG
IMG_2667.PNG
IMG_2666.PNG
P1070129.JPG
P1070123.JPG
P1070121.JPG
P1070119.JPG
P1070118.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thks Trev.....yes i saw that on the Woz forum...was wondering if you can actually hit the collect regularly with some sort of method. I know Steve, the tech at JJP says let the ball hit off the sling, etc to get it...doesnt work for me. Just wondering if you mastered that shot....for me it just happens randomely by luck for most part.

I've gotten it both by aiming with the left flipper and also by luck on occasion. It's not an easy shot off the left flipper but I can hit it maybe 25% of the time that I aim for it. I think playing a lot of Spider-Man and hitting the spidey sense shot helped. I also try to let go of the flipper to "trap" it like Alex mentioned.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I can make the shot from the left flipper pretty consistently but I practiced that one shot for a while. The trick is to make the shot from the left flipper and the second the ball hits the upper right flipper let go of the flipper button to "trap" it back to the shooter lane.

Thanks Alex for the tip. You da man!

#253 10 years ago

Hello alex, you know when the next release code?

#254 10 years ago

I read early next week.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I read early next week.

Early to mid next week is correct.

#256 10 years ago

ok thanks you

#257 10 years ago

Do you know if it will be a full or delta?
If there will be many new rules?,,

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Do you know if it will be a full or delta?
If there will be many new rules?,,

Full.

#259 10 years ago

ok thanks you ALEX.
no other information?

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

ok thanks you ALEX.
no other information?

Not yet. When I have more worth releasing I will

#261 10 years ago

thanks you alex

#262 10 years ago

Thanks Alex

#263 10 years ago

I will update the machine at moosejaw within 24 hours of the release.

If the replay issue is resolved then I will turn it back to free game instead of extra ball.

Christopher

1 week later
#264 10 years ago

i have downloaded the update, i will take care of it around 6pm this evening.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i have downloaded the update, i will take care of it around 6pm this evening.

Sweet!

#266 10 years ago

Got to play it tonight - my son and I put on about 25 games.

Lots of fun - it feels like a pinball from the past - heavy and built like a tank. Only gripes I have are the flippers still seemed a bit weak for the game and I don't believe the LCD screen is used to it's full potential. The 4 split screen menu is clunky and I can't tell what I am supposed to be shooting for. But these are minor complains. You can just feel the quality and hard work and ingenuity that went into this game. I'm going to go forward and either pick up a WOZ or Hobbit.

#268 10 years ago

Thanks for updating to 1.18! Looking forward to playing it tonight!

#269 10 years ago

Updated to 1.18 this morning
Enjoy!

Chris, we were there Monday night about an hour before closing and then again on Tuesday mid afternoon. I thought the game played awesome and was a lot of fun!

I had planned on texting you to see if you wanted to meet us up there but the first night I figured was way too late and then Tuesday was last minute decision. I think we put $25 or $30 into it.

If we get back up that way again this year, I will give you a text.

#270 10 years ago

sounds good. i enjoy playing the game myself, so any excuse to play some more it alright with me.

#271 10 years ago

Hey Chris,

Played about 10-15 games between Sunday and today.

Game played really great. Did notice these issues:
- Tonight, when I first walked up to it, the LED lighting was completely out. After the machine was power cycled, it came back up and the LEDs worked as expected.
- Tonight, when I started the Lights On 2X scoring mode, again virtually all the playfield LED lights stopped working - they were all dark, except for Shoot Again. I don't think this is the expected behavior as another time I started 2X scoring, the playfield lit like a Christmas tree. When I left the multiball mode, the LED lighting went back to normal and continued to function normally for the rest of the game.
- The monkey didn't pick up the ball from the Capture Dorothy magnet; is that to be expected?

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

- Tonight, when I started the Lights On 2X scoring mode, again virtually all the playfield LED lights stopped working - they were all dark, except for Shoot Again. I don't think this is the expected behavior as another time I started 2X scoring, the playfield lit like a Christmas tree. When I left the multiball mode, the LED lighting went back to normal and continued to function normally for the rest of the game.

Are you sure you didn't get Lights Out mode instead of Lights On?

#273 10 years ago

There are a lot of little bugs like this. All sounds or all lights or all solenoids go out and the game needs to be turned off and on and rebooted a few times. I can't imagine putting my Woz on location at this point.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

Hey Chris,
- Tonight, when I first walked up to it, the LED lighting was completely out. After the machine was power cycled, it came back up and the LEDs worked as expected.
- The monkey didn't pick up the ball from the Capture Dorothy magnet; is that to be expected?

It sounds like you started the lights out mode rather than the lights on mode.

#275 10 years ago

I played almost 10 games on location the other day at Marvin's in Michigan. I'm happy to report that with the game running 1.18 I didn't encounter a single issue.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

Hey Chris,

i will take a look at and see what i can come up with.

thank you for bringing it to my attention.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

fuse f709 (controls the shaker motor, monkey, spinning house, witch relay) was blown.

replaced the fuse, played 6 games. everything is working as it should be now.

i do believe that you were playing "lights out" mode. i started that also and all the lights we out except for "shoot again", which was green.

i do have an inside track with Jersey Jack Pinball (my brother Eric is the Engineer for the company) and all issues are related to the proper people for diagnosis.

Christopher

#279 10 years ago

i do believe that you were playing "lights out" mode. i started that also and all the lights we out except for "shoot again", which was green.

It's possible I confused Lights On with Lights Out. I saw a connection, potentially, with the LEDs being out when I first walked up to the game and thought it might be worth mentioning.

#280 10 years ago

Oh, one more thing...

When I was at the conference I ran into another pinball person from Austin, TX. We both went out to Moosejaw to play WOZ last night. Pretty sure we filled the coinbox cuz every coin I stuck in got rejected after a certain point. Bill reader still worked though.

That's a good problem to have for the operator.

1 week later
#281 10 years ago

Hey Chris, we went up to Devils Lake for the day a week ago and I ended up taking my wife to MooseJaw to show her Woz.

When I got there the game had zero sound. Somebody had hit the mute button on the front of the machine. People were still playing it but could not hear anything until I got there.

My understanding is that there is a mute over ride switch inside the coin door for operators to activate.

If you haven't activated you might consider it so that kids don't accidentally mute the machine.

Thanks,

Chris

#282 10 years ago

i will definitely take a look at that. i have played with my headphones on, but i never hit the mute button before.

Thank you

Christopher

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If it means the playfield factory making some QC adjustments to reduce this look then it should be done. Either way it sounds like there will be at least some differences in the way each playfield looks.

Look on the bright side: Everyone that wants to sell their WoZ can now charge $500 more with the tag "no planking!"

3 weeks later
#284 10 years ago

Updated to 1.21 as of 6pm (09/19/13).

New modes
New callouts

NEW AWESOMENESS (if it's not a word, it should be)

If you're in the area give me a call.

Christopher
KingPin Games
JJP Authorized Distributor
[email protected]
608-393-2299 cell

5 months later
#285 10 years ago

as of this morning March 1st this machine is now running Wizard of Oz 2.0.

#286 10 years ago

as of this morning March 1st this machine is now running Wizard of Oz 2.0.

^ Best Route Operator in Wisconsin!!!! Right there! ^

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

^ Best Route Operator in Wisconsin!!!! Right there! ^

...and I think the only one in Wisconsin with a WOZ on route. Can't wait to get to the Dells to play it.

#288 10 years ago

Actually the game is owned and operated by Oxford Vending. I'm just the distributor and told them I would take care of it.

#289 10 years ago

Was up in the Dells a week ago and both the WOZ and MET played great!

3 weeks later
#290 10 years ago

Updated to 3.0 as of 3pm Friday March 28th.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-on-location-in-wisconsin-dells-moosejaw/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.