(Topic ID: 57065)

WOZ on location in Wisconsin Dells (Moosejaw) (updated to 3.0)

By KingPinGames

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cintia-Dicker-Pattern-Bikini.jpg
_MG_6893-75%.JPG
_MG_6761-75%.JPG
IMG_2354.jpeg
image.jpg
20130717_101414.jpg
IMG_2668.PNG
IMG_2667.PNG
IMG_2666.PNG
P1070129.JPG
P1070123.JPG
P1070121.JPG
P1070119.JPG
P1070118.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I actually did not, I bought it from DocScott a few years ago and I had noticed it when I went to clean it and found a thread where that was a common issue on some Sterns and didn't bother with it, what was more concerning was the cracked opto on Doc Ock that I still need to get fixed....
The NIB Lotr LE that I bought by comparison, with just as many plays, still looks like it slid right out of the box.......

Yep it is impossible to have everything perfect! I giggled when you brought up the cracked opto. Does it still work? The summer isn't the time for me to work on pins as I have a couple minor things I have been wanting to fix for a while now....

#202 10 years ago

I hear ya. Does anyone know if Stern took any action for cloudy playfield windows on the original runs of ACDC Premium? If the playfield is smooth to the touch I'm not sure what will be done. Maybe he can at least get a new playfield sent?

#203 10 years ago

Funny, I created a thread back when JJP was at NYC Comicon. I PURPOSELY didnt post this pic completely (I trimmed it) because I figured its a prototype and I knew this would stir up all kinds of crap and i wanted to keep the thread positive and give JJP the benefit of the doubt that they would have better QC on a production game.

In any case, here is the WOZ from comicon.. so it certainly is not something new. _MG_6761-75%.JPG_MG_6761-75%.JPG _MG_6893-75%.JPG_MG_6893-75%.JPG

#204 10 years ago

Ok, on a different subject...for the Cliffy WOZ playfield protectors..just chatted with Cliff. Cliff indicated that the shooter eject was being taken care of. ETA is dependent on his laser shops load. It sounds like he needs a few more photos of the playfield toys. I'm going to try and take care of him tonight. I'll update when I know more.
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled shark feeding frenzy on iceman. Good luck Ice!

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

so it's an issue when it's a Stern and not when it happens on a JJP?

I'm just bustin' ballz now. Sorry, Ice, you seem like a nice guy, you don't deserve this.

Haha, thanks Dave! Maybe I'm just not being clear enough here......

I want every issue pointed out and taken care of with JJP and I think from what I've seen so far Jack is responding to every issue and constantly fixing what needs to be fixed and updated....

There ARE "problems and issues"....lots of them, and I'm happy with what I see being done, that's just me, and I'm also quite sure that the next pin TH will be a whole lot smoother, it would stand to reason, we'll see.....

I don't know how many times I can say it, I'm a "fan boy" of all of the above! And I am thrilled with my Woz purchase! Just like I am thrilled with my other 3 pins!

As for the play field, lets see how it gets resolved, supposedly more coats of clear matters and if it does then the Woz play field should stand the test of time better than the older pins, that said, I have zero issues with my Lotr le and Wpt! And will still buy the ST Le!

At the end of the day, how about we just play some pinball and have a few beers to go along with it! Does it get any better than that!

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

so it's an issue when it's a Stern and not when it happens on a JJP?

I'm just bustin' ballz now. Sorry, Ice, you seem like a nice guy, you don't deserve this.

#207 10 years ago

whats funny is mine has 3500 games and doesn't have that at all. Less than 100? Not likely.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn Ice, you don't even know what your own stand on this issue is!
Are there "problems and issues" or not?

When did you receive your WOZ??

I stand on both sides of the issue! You know that

I would go to bat for Moose and Vic to get it fixed with Jack if that's what they wanted!

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Yep it is impossible to have everything perfect! I giggled when you brought up the cracked opto. Does it still work? The summer isn't the time for me to work on pins as I have a couple minor things I have been wanting to fix for a while now....

I know, I have a list of things/upgrades that I'm doing to my SM and Lotr Le and just need the time to get in there! The opto bracket that holds it in place is cracked and slips so I have to Jimmy into the right spot and it usually recognizes properly for about 10 games or so....

I've got Hemi's SM and lighting sets to put in! Should be fun...

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

whats funny is mine has 3500 games and doesn't have that at all. Less than 100? Not likely

Yep, when it comes to Woz, Jimmy has a big evidence hurdle to overcome, I think we need forensic testing and scientific analysis performed to verify

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anybody think it is possible that these premature (out of turn) Standard games that are being shipped could be getting the worst of the playfields intentionally?

Anybody? I guess not.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, when it comes to Woz, Jimmy has a big evidence hurdle to overcome, I think we need forensic testing and scientific analysis performed to verify

Iceman,
Glad you are still alive! Any bite marks? Seems like the natives are restless today!

By the way, my WOZ has over 400 plays. Not even close to Alex's 3500, but I don't have any issues with wear.

Be happy everyone!

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anybody? I guess not.

Anything is possible, but that's pure speculation. Maybe time will tell for sure.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

whats funny is mine has 3500 games and doesn't have that at all. Less than 100? Not likely.

Alex, you calling me a Liar ? You had better watch your shit! you never know who you are calling a liar !

LESS THAN 100 PLAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Alex, you calling me a Liar ? You had better watch your shit! you never know who you are calling a liar !
LESS THAN 100 PLAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim are you threatening me?

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anybody? I guess not.

Yep, you know I thought the same thing when I re read the Op's initial post and saw it was a Reg......who knows, but we'll see what the scope of the problem is and resolution soon...

Quoted from Hitch9:

Iceman,
Glad you are still alive! Any bite marks? Seems like the natives are restless today!
By the way, my WOZ has over 400 plays. Not even close to Alex's 3500, but I don't have any issues with wear.
Be happy everyone!

Glad you are having fun Hitch! I'll be joining you soon! I just got my mini split installed in my garage so I don't have to haul that beast upstairs and any future pins.....

Plus the beer fridge is ready to go.....

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

StevenP, Panzer, and Hitch9. Sorry for the comments. I'm a little frustrated with my pin and other unrelated stuff that has piled on in the last week. I'm going to step back now and take a breather.

I've had those weeks. Have a beer, play some pinball, enjoy your WOZ--been waiting for mine since I preordered in Jan 2011! You get to play yours now, at least!!!

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I've had those weeks. Have a beer, play some pinball, enjoy your WOZ--been waiting for mine since I preordered in Jan 2011! You get to play yours now, at least!!!

It seems like day 1 orders are thankfully complete. Since you ordered in Jan you should hopefully be getting yours soon! My invoice is from 3/23/11 so I'm hoping end of August / early September.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anybody think it is possible that these premature (out of turn) Standard games that are being shipped could be getting the worst of the playfields intentionally?

That is a highly unlikely strategy.
Any company that touts quality and ships a known defect is not really serious about quality.

It's possible it was missed in QC or they just got behind on delivery and someone eyeballed it and said "use it / ship it" and took a chance sending it out the door.

If most of the games being built were destined for route use I doubt anyone would notice.
When your marketing to collectors and the sort your product will be scrutinized far more.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It seems like day 1 orders are thankfully complete. Since you ordered in Jan you should hopefully be getting yours soon! My invoice is from 3/23/11 so I'm hoping end of August / early September.

What is your invoice number Panzer?

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

It's possible it was missed in QC or they just got behind on delivery and someone eyeballed it and said "use it / ship it" and took a chance sending it out the door.

If most of the games being built were destined for route use I doubt anyone would notice.
When your marketing to collectors and the sort your product will be scrutinized far more.

I agree with that, if 500 of the 1000 Le play fields look like that, then there may be a problem, I doubt it though, is it 5, 50? I would think that JJP can manage that and get the supplier to make it right, at the end of the day I'm sure the customer will be happy

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Does not sound like it and looks like you fired the 1st shot.

You implied that he is being disingenuous / dishonest about number of plays and lane wear.
Perhaps he considers that a personal attack, which is not suppose to be tolerated.
(Especially coming from a JJP representative.)

Maybe a better approach would be to ask for a picture of the number of plays in the audits and a better shot of the lane wear Vs implying someone is dishonest without any facts.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Glad you are having fun Hitch! I'll be joining you soon! I just got my mini split installed in my garage so I don't have to haul that beast upstairs and any future pins.....
Plus the beer fridge is ready to go.....

Life is good then. I envy those guys that have the garage setup. It was murder putting my WOZ in the basement. A fridge as well? You are ready to rock and roll. I'll be looking forward to hearing your first impressions with your game when you get it. Have a small golf towel ready when you first play it. Those drool stains on the playfield look gross. My jaw kept hanging down. Yikes!

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No , I did not threaten anyone . Alex, are you calling me a liar ?

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Does not sound like it and looks like you fired the 1st shot.
You implied that he is being disingenuous / dishonest about number of plays and lane wear.
Perhaps he considers that a personal attack, which is not suppose to be tolerated.
(Especially coming from a JJP representative.)
Maybe a better approach would be to ask for a picture of the number of plays in the audits and a better shot of the lane wear Vs implying someone is dishonest without any facts.

Audits can be reset. That proves nothing. What I said was its unlikely to have less than 100 plays as mine has 3000+ and shows none of that. If it does, it does, but Jim likes to post things like that with nothing to back it up. If you are going to make a statement then please provide some evidence otherwise it is considered suspect from someone who wants nothing more than for JJP to fail and has shown that with his constant belittling of badgering of the products and the people who work for JJP. Hell even Keith called him out on the BS. It's not just me at all. For someone who seemingly hates the product he seems to spend an awfully large amount of time thinking about it.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Alex, are you calling me a liar ?

I said nothing of the sort. I'm sorry you took it that way. I said less than 100 plays was unlikely. Not definitive.

#227 10 years ago

Hey Robin,
How do we get signatures at the bottom of our posts? I have one that I would like to add....

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

.... For a hobby that is supposedly composed of men, there sure are a lot of emotional issues rampant in these parts....

#228 10 years ago

I can't wait to get up and play this thing! I was there a couple of years ago, but wasn't aware of the arcade in the basement. I'm swamped, recently, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to make the trip... ugh.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hell even Keith called him out on the BS.

Is that supposed to mean something ? Kieth called me a E douche, more class from inside JJP .

I can't wait to get my WOZ !

Quoted from Pinchroma:What I said was its unlikely to have less than 100 plays as mine has 3000+ and shows none of that

So ? I have a AC/DC with 4000 plays and my shooter lane is not worn , does that make the guy with 200 plays a liar ? No !

#230 10 years ago

Guys this Pinside civil war is getting out of hand!
Everything doesn't need to be a pissing match! I bet that if all of us got together face to face
we would find that we are all pretty decent guys who love pinball and that we actually like each other.

The day that get together happens the first round of beers will be on me

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Everything doesn't need to be a pissing match! I bet that if all of us got together face to face
we would find that we are all pretty decent guys who love pinball and that we actually like each other.

I'll do the next round, and hey I'm not even in the same country, but I'll make a road trip.!
That is, if you can handle me saying 'eh' at the end of my sentences !

#232 10 years ago

Cintia-Dicker-Pattern-Bikini.jpgCintia-Dicker-Pattern-Bikini.jpg

#233 10 years ago

For reference and to those interested, check out Rob Anthony's "Random Woz thoughts" thread...

And damn it AZ, a sexy red head with a nice rack! thanks

#234 10 years ago

I can validate McCune's "less than 100 plays" claim. I know the owner and have the same photo in my sitting in my inbox from a week or so ago. I didn't post it because... well... what's the point anymore?

#235 10 years ago

I'll buy the second round!

#236 10 years ago

Anyone who wants to meet me at moosejaw and play this great game let me know. I will even buy the first round.

Christopher

#237 10 years ago

Ok so JJP didn't end up making a code-complete game on time with perfect quality control & zero out of box issues.

Now that we have that out of the way & it cannot be argued we may finally begin the healing process.

Lets all be friends again & help each other with our pinball woes.

#238 10 years ago

I'd hate to be the designated driver on that night out, thousands of pinheads pi$$ed singing we're off to see the wizard......at the top their voices be awesome though.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I'd hate to be the designated driver on that night out, thousands of pinheads pi$$ed singing we're off to see the wizard......at the top their voices be awesome though.

Hey I'd be the designated driver for that one. That would be great entertainment.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ok so JJP didn't end up making a code-complete game on time with perfect quality control & zero out of box issues.
Now that we have that out of the way & it cannot be argued we may finally begin the healing process.
Lets all be friends again & help each other with our pinball woes.

Sounds like a good plan

#241 10 years ago

Dude your in freakin OR. The guy from Canada is closer then me.....All these free rounds and none within shouting distance....damn. Well I got first round for whomever is close to me and can make it. Its FRIDAY

#242 10 years ago

Back to the original topic.... My buddy Tim and I went back to Moosejaw again last night to get some more playtime on WOZ in since we haven't made the hour long drive to the Dells in a week. After just over a week on location the game still looks and plays great! All the lights and features still work and the game is still extremely fun and challenging to play. The slings seemed a little more toned down since last week and the replay threshold is now disabled and was replaced with an extra ball at 20K. I'm starting to get a good feel for the rules and how the HOADC bonus game works. Different horse colors are worth different points and you can actually get pretty big points for collecting multiple rainbow horses. I think my biggest point bonus total from this was over 8K. Also figuring out the hurry-ups and figuring out how to stack different things together. For a widebody game with 2 upper playfields and several places to "park" balls I still find keeping the balls in play during multi-ball difficult. I'm also able to do better on the upper left playfield and was able to get Rescue mb started on a few occasions. The rules that are in the game are kind of an outline for what is to come but at the same time the rules feel substantial and I never felt like there wasn't enough stuff to try to accomplish. The game is still setup steep (back legs all the way up and front down) and ball times are still low. I found my scores going up a little bit from the first night and I think my high was just over 93K which leaves a lot of room for improvement.

If your in the WI area or passing thru the Dells please be sure to check the game out!

#243 10 years ago

Traveism, what is your method/ way to get hoadc?

#244 10 years ago

I was there for 5 games Wednesday night about 5pm. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but still haven't had a great game yet (broke 20k once for a free ball, but wasn't able to get another 5 k for another). Even though I suck at it so far, it's fun to play, there's a lot to learn and I'll continue to stop by and try it when I'm in the area and have time. I'll figure it out eventually!!

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Traveism, what is your method/ way to get hoadc?

I don't totally understand it all yet, but here's an explanation that somebody wrote up when I asked about it on the WOZ group:

HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR SCORING:

Upon making the collect shot, which is accomplished by holding up the right middle flipper and shooting the ball successfully back into the shooter lane), you get points based off of each horse:

purple = 100
blue = 150
green = 200
yellow = 250
orange = 300
red = 350
rainbow = 400
cow (White) = 500

A level is "completed" when each horse is a different color (rainbows are always different from anything else).

The total is then multiplied thusly:

Success = x # horses
Failure = x 1/2
Any rainbow horse = x 1/2
All the same color = x 3 (and counts as success, too)
All rainbows = x 5 (and the rainbow penalty doesn't apply)
The all the same and all rainbows do not combine. It's either x3 or x5.

Therefore, 4 rainbows would score 32,000. Purple/blue/green/yellow would score 2,800. Blue/green/yellow/rainbow would score 2,000. Purple/purple/blue/yellow would score 300. Purple/purple/green/rainbow would score 200.

A successful completion raises the # horses for collect next round. A failure reduces the #. Min is 4, max is 7.

Horse lights are relit/randomized by the top lane (OZ) slingshot.

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

the replay threshold is now disabled and was replaced with an extra ball at 20K.

wow, no replay?

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

wow, no replay?

I was surprised to see replays turned off completely. I would like to see Christopher turn them back on so that I don't go broke playing this game I can't complain too much though because the first night I played for 3 hours off my original dollar.-replay was set to a static 5.6K which is attainable off the skill-shot. I heard something about a bug in the auto-adjusting replay value. Still, even a static replay at 20-30K would be sufficient for now vs. an EB.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was surprised to see replays turned off completely. I would like to see Christopher turn them back on so that I don't go broke playing this game I can't complain too much though because the first night I played for 3 hours off my original dollar.-replay was set to a static 5.6K which is attainable off the skill-shot. I heard something about a bug in the auto-adjusting replay value. Still, even a static replay at 20-30K would be sufficient for now vs. an EB.

The replay code is slightly buggy. Getting fixed in this incoming version. It's set too low from the start.

#249 10 years ago

Thks Trev.....yes i saw that on the Woz forum...was wondering if you can actually hit the collect regularly with some sort of method. I know Steve, the tech at JJP says let the ball hit off the sling, etc to get it...doesnt work for me. Just wondering if you mastered that shot....for me it just happens randomely by luck for most part.

#250 10 years ago

I can make the shot from the left flipper pretty consistently but I practiced that one shot for a while. The trick is to make the shot from the left flipper and the second the ball hits the upper right flipper let go of the flipper button to "trap" it back to the shooter lane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-on-location-in-wisconsin-dells-moosejaw/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.