woz2.JPG
woz1.JPG
woz1.JPG
woz1.JPG
20130610_150127.jpg
20130610_150249.jpg
spit-take.gif
benewoz.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

wozzers vs. wozzers
What's next?

You're obviously not a REAL wozzer unless you tied up your money for 2+ yrs ahead of getting delivery.... And then praying to the gods each day for "the call"

Funniest groupies EVER.... Owning one isn't enough, you need to have been an undoubting evangelist as well... Also, one must divulge INTENT whenever trying to sell one or buy one outside the approved church, er JJP, methods.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Well if Jack did not create the decoy I am sure he is aware of what is written so it works the same.
Given the fact a lot of orders remain late or unfilled the appearance of NIB games for sale to any walk up customer is pretty funny. Instead of getting mad at the guy selling them the question should be asked why were those games shipped to a distributor instead of filling prior paid orders ?
Its more sporting to shoot the messenger at times.

Of course that's the issue.

You have the JJP faithful that ponied up moneys YEARS ago and have been patiently waiting and waiting and fighting off the naysayers. They've clung to the hope that at LEAST they would be ahead of the silly masses that wanted to wait to see the actual game and make sure it wasn't going to be a bust. Surely their FAITH in JJP would reward them over the blasphemous unbelievers.

No one wants to believe that JJP is simply looking for more cash by diverting a portion of production to new buyers. Hell, they already have the cash from the poor suckers on THE LIST, they've waited YEARS, he's probably not worried about jamming them up a bit longer.

Cue the litany of defenders about how it's more important that Jack WISHES he could have kept all the promises..... And then the silly "journey is the reward" macro that most have surely setup...

#177 10 years ago

whoops

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

What exactly is your problem?

Lol... Me?

I have no problem.

I've neither paid for a machine that hasn't been delivered, nor have I taken money for something I haven't faithfully delivered.

I'm feeling great.

You?

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Paul shows up here one day and immediately starts bashing woz.

I poke fun at extreme Fanboi-ism, regardless of its origin. I was equally skeptical of the ACDC fanboys, the METLE fanatics, and the Ruby Slipper Faithful.

The difference is, I was finally able to to play ACDC and MET. They were overhyped, but they ended up being great games... I actually bought one of them.

I've yet to find a working WOZ, (0 for 2 on location) so juries still out. Also, the Wozeratti have taken blind evangelism to new levels, so they are easy to callout when making fools of themselves.

In the future, though, I will try to be as objective on the subject as YOU are....

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lowepg
I hope you get to play production WOZ game with current code as I would like to hear your review of it.

Me too. I hear Flippers has theirs fixed now, but frankly I'd like to find a n0n-prototype to see since that has become a catch-all for issues...

I travel for work about twice a month and I usually check the pin map for arcades before I leave (better than watching crappy tv in the hotel at night) . Now that WoZ's are trickling into the wild, I'm hoping to come across a production unit in the near future (next travel stops DC, then Dallas).

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

No damper.....now some are interested when he ordered.......

Im ASSUming it was day 2 or day 3....

Also, i think the sellers and buyers should post their reasons for buying... and it should be approved before any transactions are approved.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Almost 30 years ago to the day, this clip, courtesy of all-around nice guy Billy Martin waiting until the right moment to use his *information* never gets old. Great to watch but especially when Brett went berzerk at 2:40 is priceless.
» YouTube video

awesome.

Haven't seen that clip in YEARS.... its a classic!

i actually forgot all the other horseshit that occurred after the fact... its worth a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tar_Incident

1 week later
#259 10 years ago

For a NIB game (with the higher price tag), and assuming earning will decline over time, what would be considered good vs great earnings for a pin?

#266 10 years ago

I'm just thankful ANYONE still routes pinball machines...

Those damn crane games and barber-cut games probably out earn them by 50x and need (comparable) little maintenance....

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

would be interesting to know if $7k pins generally earn more than "pro" pins at 4k+. I would think they have to show much higher earnings to justify the cost.

I always assumed the std/pro games were primarily the ones for operators and the premium/le's were more likely sitting in rec rooms.....

When a different translite and/or a powdercoat can add 1000+ to a game- it would seem that would add little value to a game on route.... And just extend the payback. I doubt most arcade players care if there's a numbered plaque on the game they are playing....

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm sorry I don't know the acronym.

WOZ Apostle Guild?

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

It almost certainly doesn't increase the earnings, but as a player/collector who is also an op, I wanted to get in on the $6500 deal, which was for the LE. That made more sense to me than buying a $7k standard and operating it. In fact I don't think "standards" existed when I put my money down. Extra bonus, I sold my Invisiglass on day 1 and got $300 out of it -- instant 4% ROI!
There are some players on location, though a minority, who get a kick out of it being the LE. So that's an added bonus.

Yes, I get that WoZ is a bit of a special case here, and actually NOT as big of a price difference as say a MeTLe vs MetPro (and thats what I was referring to with the different translite comment).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-on-location-at-bene-pizza-and-retroarcade-in-omaha?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.