woz2.JPG
woz1.JPG
woz1.JPG
woz1.JPG
20130610_150127.jpg
20130610_150249.jpg
spit-take.gif
benewoz.JPG
There are 285 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 10 years ago

.75 single
2.00 for 3
3.00 for 6

#252 10 years ago

How does that compare to everything else on the floor over the last week.

#253 10 years ago

it would have a few more plays, but it was inuse nonstop when i was in. thx for the pizza by the way, ill get a game in next time.

#254 10 years ago

Your welcome! Sorry it has been pretty busy.

The weekly Tournament is on Woz Tomorrow. 5.00 buy in, Double elimination.
starts at 3pm

#255 10 years ago

Bene, it sounds as though your WOZ was a great investment. Cha Ching.

#256 10 years ago

The 700 counter was for week, two week or month?

#257 10 years ago

1 week

#258 10 years ago

Yes 1 week, been a lot of hype and action when it was first in, I really dont want to make any comparisons until I can get a full 2 week and 1 month collection report.

But yes it is getting some great action. So one question I have on this pin is if the Non glare glass is really needed? It seems that none or hardly any glare from the monitor or Lighting is Noticed at all on this machine. single light boards caused a couple problems but we already figured out how to fix pretty easily. So far so good, would love for it to be as reliable as the Latest Sterns, have been able to put those in for a year or more only needing weekly cleanings and rubbers and bulbs with no mechanical failures.

#259 10 years ago

For a NIB game (with the higher price tag), and assuming earning will decline over time, what would be considered good vs great earnings for a pin?

#260 10 years ago

Right now everyone wants to play a WOZ & damn near no one has one.

So the few out there are getting a ton of play by folks still waiting on their game & others who just want to play the damn thing without buying it (a spooky concept called location playing lol). So there is a TON of pent up demand due to 3 years of waiting & curiosity which is divided by only a few real life production games.

When there are 2,000 of them in the homes of collectors (or their friend's houses) & various nearby locations have them its obvious the ROI will change as the preorder folks & their friends will play their own & the location players have more machines around them.

This does not even factor in the declining interest of the title once the next new/shiny game is out.

Example: I drove 3 hours round trip to play Metallica yesterday (I will do the same for a WOZ too BTW)... Wont be doing that after I either

A. buy one

or

B. one is on location closer by. Then eventually I might not even give a shit about Metallica at all after Star Trek & whatever the next 4 games are

Sure seems its in the operators best interest to have their games before collectors

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

So one question I have on this pin is if the Non glare glass is really needed?

I put regular glass in mine to check and I was surprised that glare from the backbox LCD really isn't an issue. It does slightly obscure the very upper part of the playfield, but it isn't bad.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So the few out there are getting a ton of play by folks still waiting on their game & others who just want to play the damn thing without buying it (a Spooky concept called location playing lol). So there is a TON of pent up demand due to 3 years of waiting & curiosity which is divided by only a few real life production games.
When there are 2,000 of them in the homes of collectors (or their friend's houses) & various nearby locations have them its obvious the ROI will change as the preorder folks & their friends will play their own & the location players have more machines around them.
This does not even factor in the declining interest of the title once the next new/shiny game is out.
Example: I drove 3 hours round trip to play Metallica yesterday (I will do the same for a WOZ too BTW)... Wont be doing that after I either
A. buy one
or
B. one is on location closer by. Then eventually I might not even give a shit about Metallica at all after Star Trek & whatever the next 4 games are
Sure seems its in the operators best interest to have their games before collectors

Rubbish! 99% of money into operated pins is from kids and adults who aren't in the scene. No way 700 games were from pinheads who have traversed the country to have a go on it. Why some people just can't be happy for JJP is beyond me

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Rubbish! 99% of money into operated pins is from kids and adults who aren't in the scene. No way 700 games were from pinheads who have traversed the country to have a go on it. Why some people just can't be happy for JJP is beyond me

He will reply saying he wants JJP to success and blah blah blah but has nothing but thinly veiled sarcasm and disdain but ending them with smileys and "j/k" obviously removes all doubt about the intent of the post.

Pfft.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He will reply saying he wants JJP to success and blah blah blah but has nothing but thinly veiled sarcasm and disdain but ending them with smileys and "j/k" obviously removes all doubt about the intent of the post.
Pfft.

And you will simply say anything to prove how much better WOZ is doing on location than the Sterns. Not that I can blame you. I mean Stern is your main competition.

I believe there is some truth to his theory. When all 1000 WOZ preorders are in the owners homes then we can have a good comparison to the latest stern. It makes perfect sense to me.

Lets say that Stern says they are building only 500 star treks but they have a year long delay for some reason. However they were able to build a couple dozen for locations during the delay. Certainly they would do better on location during the delay then after the 500 were finally built and delivered.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pfft.

His theory on current WOZ earning or play is just that, a theory or opinion and once more than a few games are actually on location / in the field it will be proven correct or incorrect in time. Actually fast forward 12 months form now and you will know more about how good or bad WOZ actually holds up and the companies future outlook.

There is a hypersensitivity to anything deemed a discouraging word that is instantly converted to a deemed attack by the "WOZ haters". Its similar sitting in a staff meeting where you are suppose to be talking about problems but everyone is afraid to speak about quality issues, missed dates, cost over runs, etc. If all people want is the "good new" then skip the forum & avoid staff meetings.

People have been swapping jabs back and forth and its actually kind of entertaining.
It crosses over when its more personal or directed at a specific person.

#266 10 years ago

I'm just thankful ANYONE still routes pinball machines...

Those damn crane games and barber-cut games probably out earn them by 50x and need (comparable) little maintenance....

#267 10 years ago

At a $1 a game, $700 takings in a week is pretty awesome. Even if it interest tails off it will still have paid for itself by xmas

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

At a $1 a game, $700 takings in a week is pretty awesome. Even if it interest tails off it will still have paid for itself by xmas

Only if he paid 10K..

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

His theory on current WOZ earning or play is just that, a theory or opinion and once more than a few games are actually on location / in the field it will be proven correct or incorrect in time. Actually fast forward 12 months form now and you will know more about how good or bad WOZ actually holds up and the companies future outlook.
There is a hypersensitivity to anything deemed a discouraging word that is instantly converted to a deemed attack by the "WOZ haters". Its similar sitting in a staff meeting where you are suppose to be talking about problems but everyone is afraid to speak about quality issues, missed dates, cost over runs, etc. If all people want is the "good new" then skip the forum & avoid staff meetings.
People have been swapping jabs back and forth and its actually kind of entertaining.
It crosses over when its more personal or directed at a specific person.

He didn't state it as theory Jeff. He stated it as fact. I would estimate maybe 20% of quarters dropped are by the traveling pinhead and 80% by the casual, kids, parents of... Which means take us pinheads out of the equation and its still a hell of an earner. The LCD and lighting draw people in. It ears well at every location. Never had a single op say it wasn't out earning every other pin and in some cases the sum total of every other pin.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So the few out there are getting a ton of play by folks still waiting on their game & others who just want to play the damn thing without buying it (a Spooky concept called location playing lol). So there is a TON of pent up demand due to 3 years of waiting & curiosity which is divided by only a few real life production games.
A. buy one
or

Probably a valid point. From what I've heard on any new pin is first earning are usually very high then it obviously tails off after the newness wears off. Will be interesting to see earning from first placement through 3 or 4 months in the same area, and comparing it to recent sterns. Also would be interesting to know if $7k pins generally earn more than "pro" pins at 4k+. I would think they have to show much higher earnings to justify the cost.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

would be interesting to know if $7k pins generally earn more than "pro" pins at 4k+. I would think they have to show much higher earnings to justify the cost.

I always assumed the std/pro games were primarily the ones for operators and the premium/le's were more likely sitting in rec rooms.....

When a different translite and/or a powdercoat can add 1000+ to a game- it would seem that would add little value to a game on route.... And just extend the payback. I doubt most arcade players care if there's a numbered plaque on the game they are playing....

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He didn't state it as theory Jeff. He stated it as fact. I would estimate maybe 20% of quarters dropped are by the traveling pinhead and 80% by the casual, kids, parents of... Which means take us pinheads out of the equation and its still a hell of an earner. The LCD and lighting draw people in. It ears well at every location. Never had a single op say it wasn't out earning every other pin and in some cases the sum total of every other pin.

Its new and looks different , that gets attention thus good out of the gate earnings.
See if it holds solid months down the road in a line up of other pins you have a winner.

Location and crowd make a big difference. I knew of an op that his location was a chain of hotel / motels that were excellent. Instead of swapping games to freshen the line up the crowd was the one changing daily so the same games never got old on location. One of the best earners was a system 11 game ( the only one) in a line up of DMD games.

Short term success or failure is just that, short term.

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I always assumed the std/pro games were primarily the ones for operators and the premium/le's were more likely sitting in rec rooms.....
When a different translite and/or a powdercoat can add 1000+ to a game- it would seem that would add little value to a game on route.... And just extend the payback. I doubt most arcade players care if there's a numbered plaque on the game they are playing....

I would have never guessed that anyone would put a LE on location but people have. There are differences in the stern pro and le but I always wondered if that translated into more earnings. I doubt it but have no data on it.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I would estimate maybe 20% of quarters dropped are by the traveling pinhead and 80% by the casual, kids, parents of...

Sounds like a WAG to me.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sounds like a WAG to me.

I'm sorry I don't know the acronym.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I would have never guessed that anyone would put a LE on location but people have. There are differences in the stern pro and le but I always wondered if that translated into more earnings. I doubt it but have no data on it.

On the route I mentioned above one game was broken, turned off and UN-plugged.
It had quarters in the coin box being completely black / turned off.

If you just stick any game on location it will always take in something.

#277 10 years ago

I can only speak for my location, but by far most of the quarters dropped are from kids and their non-pinhead parents. Sure we get a lot of pinheads, but they aren't the bulk of the play. And when the pinheads do play, they earn replays pretty easily because the replay scores are kept fairly low due to the amount of kids. I often see pinheads leave with multiple credits on the games.

I'd say my location is 80% casual players and kids, if not more.

Most of my pins start out good when new then earnings taper off. However I've had a couple that are consistent or even gain over 6 months to a year. It really depends on the theme and game.

But what do I know?

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

WAG=Wild ass guess.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

WOZ Apostle Guild?

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I can only speak for my location, but by far most of the quarters dropped are from kids and their non-pinhead parents. Sure we get a lot of pinheads, but they aren't the bulk of the play. And when the pinheads do play, they earn replays pretty easily because the replay scores are kept fairly low due to the amount of kids. I often see pinheads leave with multiple credits on the games.
I'd say my location is 80% casual players and kids, if not more.
Most of my pins start out good when new then earnings taper off. However I've had a couple that are consistent or even gain over 6 months to a year. It really depends on the theme and game.
But what do I know?

No complaints here, other than PW being too far from home, keep it up!

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It almost certainly doesn't increase the earnings, but as a player/collector who is also an op, I wanted to get in on the $6500 deal, which was for the LE. That made more sense to me than buying a $7k standard and operating it. In fact I don't think "standards" existed when I put my money down. Extra bonus, I sold my Invisiglass on day 1 and got $300 out of it -- instant 4% ROI!

There are some players on location, though a minority, who get a kick out of it being the LE. So that's an added bonus.

#282 10 years ago

Wow look at the emotional posts!

Taking offense to my interpretation of the coins going into Metallica & WOZ today = silly.

Don't like my opinion? Go play your WOZ. Don't have your WOZ?

Go play one on location... just remember to keep putting quarters in it once yours arrives. I'm sure you will lol.

BTW it seems everyone at the pinball arcades I go to are pinheads. Maybe it's weird out here?

Alex as usual you chose to argue. No need for it bro

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

It almost certainly doesn't increase the earnings, but as a player/collector who is also an op, I wanted to get in on the $6500 deal, which was for the LE. That made more sense to me than buying a $7k standard and operating it. In fact I don't think "standards" existed when I put my money down. Extra bonus, I sold my Invisiglass on day 1 and got $300 out of it -- instant 4% ROI!
There are some players on location, though a minority, who get a kick out of it being the LE. So that's an added bonus.

Yes, I get that WoZ is a bit of a special case here, and actually NOT as big of a price difference as say a MeTLe vs MetPro (and thats what I was referring to with the different translite comment).

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I would have never guessed that anyone would put a LE on location but people have.

I have LEs on route.
They're cool, have all the features, and in some cases are the first games available for purchase.
They don't really earn better than a premium, I don't think,
but, you have a more valuable game for resale.
Also, the resale of the game can be easier because it is an LE.
Downside is that you have more money tied up in machines.
-DNO-

1 week later
#285 10 years ago

Bobby saw your ad on Craigslist for WOZ, just haven't got a chance to come down and play. I laughed when you stated that if a pinball machine is removed from box is worth $300 less

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 285 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-on-location-at-bene-pizza-and-retroarcade-in-omaha/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.