woz2.JPG
woz1.JPG
woz1.JPG
woz1.JPG
20130610_150127.jpg
20130610_150249.jpg
spit-take.gif
benewoz.JPG
There are 285 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago

Alex, why do you care much? Don't you have something better to do with your time?

I'm always so suprised jack allows you, a paid employee, to stir so much drama around his company. And you should know better than to use your jjp resources to publically call people out. Mind your own business.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Tom, They are absolutely supported games, there's no concern there for anyone. It's just going to be easy to identify which distrib bene is fronting. Because something isn't kosher.

Oh ok. I didn't order one but the way it you made it sound said otherwise. I get it now. Thanks for explaining.

#153 10 years ago

Has anyone contacted Scooby Doo to solve this mystery?

All in all no big deal I reckon, machines for sale.....sold, if there is just a slim chance that something dodgy is going on with redirection of stock then worth calling in the FBI, if its insider dealing then i bet its either JJBs butler who did it or Col Pinchroma in the kitchen with the smoothy. Either way I want closure

I still can't believe that someone close to Bene's place didn't speed round in the ute and drive away with one or two and gloat about here already. Again no real drama and congrats to the buyers if real

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Has anyone contacted Scooby Doo to solve this mystery?
All in all no big deal I reckon, machines for sale.....sold, if there is just a slim chance that something dodgy is going on with redirection of stock then worth calling in the FBI, if its insider dealing then i bet its either JJBs butler who did it or Col Pinchroma in the kitchen with the smoothy. Either way I want closure
I still can't believe that someone close to Bene's place didn't speed round in the ute and drive away with one or two and gloat about here already. Again no real drama and congrats to the buyers if real

Love the CLUE references.

#155 10 years ago

Alex you done yet?

Fact is Jack shipped these games out, not Benne.

If you want to point the finger at someone point it at JJP.

But no, you want to create a problem that isn't there to cover up the real issue.

Your diversion is making you look like a poor sport.

#156 10 years ago

Will a WOZ buyer from Bene come forward and join in the fun?

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

If they're lucky, they're no ton Pinside and can just enjoy their WOZ games!

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

wozzers vs. wozzers
What's next?

You're obviously not a REAL wozzer unless you tied up your money for 2+ yrs ahead of getting delivery.... And then praying to the gods each day for "the call"

Funniest groupies EVER.... Owning one isn't enough, you need to have been an undoubting evangelist as well... Also, one must divulge INTENT whenever trying to sell one or buy one outside the approved church, er JJP, methods.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And I can't wait for them to register their games
Last I checked "benepinball" wasn't a distrib in the list and its a required field

"Received as gift" It was from my long lost Uncle Hector. He does not want to tell me where he bought it from to prevent me from finding out how much he paid for it. Fortunately most States have Laws that require a manufacturer's warranty to be honored regardless of transfer.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You're obviously not a REAL wozzer unless you tied up your money for 2+ yrs ahead of getting delivery.... And then praying to the gods each day for "the call"
Funniest groupies EVER.... Owning one isn't enough, you need to have been an undoubting evangelist as well... Also, one must divulge INTENT whenever trying to sell one or buy one outside the approved church, er JJP, methods.

The journey is the reward.

#161 10 years ago

Bene said that those who bought will know who the distributer is because that's where the games will come from. I assume that's what they'll put down when they register. I'm obviously missing the big deal here. Unless there are repercussions for working with a "known WOZ basher."

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

"Received as gift" It was from my long lost Uncle Hector. He does not want to tell me where he bought it from to prevent me from finding out how much he paid for it. Fortunately most States have Laws that require a manufacturer's warranty to be honored regardless of transfer.

All which is good.
Nothing like dropping several grand on an NIB item and then be scrutinized by someone from the same company how you obtained it instead of thanking them for the purchase.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Nothing like dropping several grand on an NIB item and then be scrutinized by someone from the same company

At times I wonder if Jack created this role Alex carries out here.

Now instead of people bitching about Jack they argue with Alex.

He almost makes Jack look good...

The catalyst of our newfound unity is our shared discontentment of this new patsy.

Remember how the Romans used Herod as a puppet king?

Anyway I'm aware my theory is nonsense, I just wanted to sound "pedantic"

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

At times I wonder if Jack created this role Alex carries out here.
Now instead of people bitching about Jack they argue with Alex.
He almost makes Jack look good...

Well if Jack did not create the decoy I am sure he is aware of what is written so it works the same.

Given the fact a lot of orders remain late or unfilled the appearance of NIB games for sale to any walk up customer is pretty funny. Instead of getting mad at the guy selling them the question should be asked why were those games shipped to a distributor instead of filling prior paid orders ?

Its more sporting to shoot the messenger at times.

#165 10 years ago

Some people just like to complain...

#166 10 years ago

WOW!
i cant believe i just read all of this.
Alex is right the serial nembers will tell who they came from!
It will come out eventually!!
But werent sold by me!!!!!!!
Pincades
Your Chicagoland Dist!!
JT

#167 10 years ago

So I still don't see the big deal here. So distributors can't sell to certain people?????
I just don't get the problem.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

All right, all right, I will 'fess up. One of them is coming to me. My good friend Steve Sohl in KC snagged two of them and I'll be driving up to Omaha Monday to pick up the second. (He's going to get his on Sunday)

Seriously folks, what the hell is with all the freakin drama over this? A Distributor got in some standard WOZes. Benep helped him get them sold. There's nothing to accost Benep about over this. If you want to complain about someone getting a WOZ ahead of those that have been waiting, well that conversation needs to be directed at Jack, not the distributors. *shrug*

I'll post back after I pick mine up Monday.

P.S. I wasn't really planning to get one yet, but heck, Omaha is a just a few hours from Lawrence KS and the price is good. Couldn't pass it up.

#169 10 years ago

Maybe he bought them from EzeeSleezy?

That would be worth hiding..

#170 10 years ago

Congrats

#171 10 years ago

Well congrats to who ever got them. and thanks to Bennie for not trying to flip them for an extra 2 grand,

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Maybe he bought them from EzeeSleezy?

I knew someone would figure it out .

#173 10 years ago

I couldn't agree more. For me, at least, it almost appears Alex gets involved in all the WOZ threads, more so to let people know he works for Jack, then to actually help.

Sorry, Alex. That's just the way it appears to me.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

Alex, why do you care much? Don't you have something better to do with your time?
I'm always so suprised jack allows you, a paid employee, to stir so much drama around his company. And you should know better than to use your jjp resources to publically call people out. Mind your own business.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

All right, all right, I will 'fess up. One of them is coming to me. My good friend Steve Sohl in KC snagged two of them and I'll be driving up to Omaha Monday to pick up the second. (He's going to get his on Sunday)
Seriously folks, what the hell is with all the freakin drama over this? A Distributor got in some standard WOZes. Benep helped him get them sold. There's nothing to accost Benep about over this. If you want to complain about someone getting a WOZ ahead of those that have been waiting, well that conversation needs to be directed at Jack, not the distributors. *shrug*
P.S. I wasn't really planning to get one yet, but heck, Omaha is a just a few hours from Lawrence KS and the price is good. Couldn't pass it up.

Congrats on your new WoZ machine and thanks for proving wrong the old pinballsalesdotcom "First to pay is first to play" rumor. Even better than when the op I worked for would send our truck to Cleveland, Buffalo and even Carlstadt to get new pins (Meteor's and Gorgar's) since the local guys could not supply them. First to use their imagination are first to get the games.

The manufacturer's "protected territories" were completely unenforceable. I remember when old Hank Heiser (Empire Distributing/Bally Midwest/Cartel/Empire Amusement) said he would not sell us parts unless we had an invoice from his distributorship showing we bought the game from him. Our attorney contacted the various manufacturers with this information and he quickly called us to say it was just a big "misunderstanding".

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Owning one isn't enough, you need to have been an undoubting evangelist as well... Also, one must divulge INTENT whenever trying to sell one or buy one outside the approved church, er JJP, methods.

Actually, it sounds pretty familiar. B/w, stern and jjp fanboys all get pretty sensitive to their chosen products. I would like to start a gottlieb system 3 fanboy clubs. Who is with me? Just picked up a CBW and I can't stop playing it.

Anyone...........bueller..........bueller

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Well if Jack did not create the decoy I am sure he is aware of what is written so it works the same.
Given the fact a lot of orders remain late or unfilled the appearance of NIB games for sale to any walk up customer is pretty funny. Instead of getting mad at the guy selling them the question should be asked why were those games shipped to a distributor instead of filling prior paid orders ?
Its more sporting to shoot the messenger at times.

Of course that's the issue.

You have the JJP faithful that ponied up moneys YEARS ago and have been patiently waiting and waiting and fighting off the naysayers. They've clung to the hope that at LEAST they would be ahead of the silly masses that wanted to wait to see the actual game and make sure it wasn't going to be a bust. Surely their FAITH in JJP would reward them over the blasphemous unbelievers.

No one wants to believe that JJP is simply looking for more cash by diverting a portion of production to new buyers. Hell, they already have the cash from the poor suckers on THE LIST, they've waited YEARS, he's probably not worried about jamming them up a bit longer.

Cue the litany of defenders about how it's more important that Jack WISHES he could have kept all the promises..... And then the silly "journey is the reward" macro that most have surely setup...

#177 10 years ago

whoops

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Of course that's the issue.
You have the JJP faithful that ponied up moneys YEARS ago and have been patiently waiting and waiting and fighting off the naysayers. They've clung to the hope that at LEAST they would be ahead of the silly masses that wanted to wait to see the actual game and make sure it wasn't going to be a bust. Surely their FAITH in JJP would reward them over the blasphemous unbelievers.
No one wants to believe that JJP is simply looking for more cash by diverting a portion of production to new buyers. Hell, they already have the cash from the poor suckers on THE LIST, they've waited YEARS, he's probably not worried about jamming them up a bit longer.
Cue the litany of defenders about how it's more important that Jack WISHES he could have kept all the promises..... And then the silly "journey is the reward" macro that most have surely setup...

What exactly is your problem?

#179 10 years ago

Anyway I'm aware my theory is nonsense, I just wanted to sound "pedantic"

You sir sound shallow and pedantic

Hankster_Is_The_Best.jpgHankster_Is_The_Best.jpg

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Lol... Me?

I have no problem.

I've neither paid for a machine that hasn't been delivered, nor have I taken money for something I haven't faithfully delivered.

I'm feeling great.

You?

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

You sir sound shallow and pedantic

Quoted from StevenP:

Paul shows up here one day (fairly recently) and immediately starts bashing woz. I'm pretty sure it was one of his first few posts and its been a non stop verbal diarrheal assault on the rest of us

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Really?

He just raised basically the same issue that YOU mentioned in a prior post in this very thread:

Quoted from StevenP:

Lloyd, please explain how a NEW distributor has "plenty in stock for sale" (see original post in this thread) while many of us who pre-ordered back in Jan 2011 are still waiting for delivery? Many of us who helped JJP get off the ground with our early sight-unseen fully-paid preorders are pretty frustrated to see WOZs available all over the place while ours are still to be shipped "soon."

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I knew someone would figure it out .

So Erik is a JJP distributor? Highly doubt that.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Paul shows up here one day and immediately starts bashing woz.

I poke fun at extreme Fanboi-ism, regardless of its origin. I was equally skeptical of the ACDC fanboys, the METLE fanatics, and the Ruby Slipper Faithful.

The difference is, I was finally able to to play ACDC and MET. They were overhyped, but they ended up being great games... I actually bought one of them.

I've yet to find a working WOZ, (0 for 2 on location) so juries still out. Also, the Wozeratti have taken blind evangelism to new levels, so they are easy to callout when making fools of themselves.

In the future, though, I will try to be as objective on the subject as YOU are....

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I poke fun at extreme Fanboi-ism, regardless of its origin. I was equally skeptical of the ACDC fanboys, the METLE fanatics, and the Ruby Slipper Faithful.
The difference is, I was finally able to to play ACDC and MET. They were overhyped, but they ended up being great games... I actually bought one of them.
I've yet to find a working WOZ, (0 for 2 on location) so juries still out. Also, the Wozeratti have taken blind evangelism to new levels, so they are easy to callout when making fools of themselves.
In the future, though, I will try to be as objective on the subject as YOU are....

I don't have to be objective about a project I work on. My alliance is obvious. It's the folks with an obvious agenda who say they don't have one are the people I take issue with. Constant bashing is not neutrality. Once your opinion is known the act of stating it over and over for the sole purpose of causing problems and insighting folks who are excited about their purchase is just about the most
Tasteless thing someone can do. "Hey I'm feeling pissy they let me rain on everyone else's parade"

You won't see me chiming in on say avengers threads? But I do chime in positively in Metallica threads because I own one.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Paul shows up here one day (fairly recently) and immediately starts bashing woz. I'm pretty sure it was one of his first few posts and its been a non stop verbal diarrheal assault on the rest of us

Alex, I'm sure you feel you're just doing your job here. Or maybe showing loyalty to your employer. But attacking people who are critical of a "product" comes off as thin skinned and vindictive at times. And it can create a similar impression of the company you work for.

ALL machines get criticized here. And ALL machines have at least one or two people that have made it their duty to let everyone know they suck. But when someone calls TZ boring Pat Lawlor doesn't show up to complain of "verbal diarrhea." Thank God.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Lowepg
I hope you get to play production WOZ game with current code as I would like to hear your review of it.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Awwwwww sheeeeeyaaaat things just got real lol.

Congrats on your new game, enjoy it! You bought an in-stock NIB game for $6750 & I like your style sir.

Gotta admit though... I'd be pissed too if I preordered a WOZ almost 3 years ago & saw person TODAY getting the game. My WOZ friends I do understand your frustration completely, not minimizing your situation one bit.

But I wouldn't be pissed at the buyer, Benne or the Distro.

#189 10 years ago

$6750? It was supposed to be $6995.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Pinside Special.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So Erik is a JJP distributor? Highly doubt that.

The "retired" pinsider from Columbus?
Nuttier than granola.

#192 10 years ago

That's a great deal, congrats, way to go Bene! Another Woz convert....

It's good to see how great Woz and JJP are going to be, I don't expect my Star Trek LE to come close in quality or features as Woz or Hobbit but with Ritchie and Lyman, it should be great....with the new system and Lcd coming at least Stern is trying to keep up with JJP, we'll see....

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Whatever it takes

Ya I think it was $6999 my bad

$10K by Christmas though!

#194 10 years ago

How many left Bene? All gone? Great deal, great pin!

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Woz has been pretty busy so far, Kids are really drawn to it.. Still trying to decide if I should drop it to .50

Glad to hear it.....

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lowepg
I hope you get to play production WOZ game with current code as I would like to hear your review of it.

Me too. I hear Flippers has theirs fixed now, but frankly I'd like to find a n0n-prototype to see since that has become a catch-all for issues...

I travel for work about twice a month and I usually check the pin map for arcades before I leave (better than watching crappy tv in the hotel at night) . Now that WoZ's are trickling into the wild, I'm hoping to come across a production unit in the near future (next travel stops DC, then Dallas).

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Congrats on getting one, Gary. Party at your place!

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

All right, all right, I will 'fess up. One of them is coming to me.

Congrats on the WOZ, and adding to an already impressive collection!

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

All right, all right, I will 'fess up. One of them is coming to me.

Congrats Gary! That's a good deal for a game in-hand and the standard version really looks great in person. Be sure to post your thoughts on the game once you've set it up and get some time in playing it

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Me too. I hear Flippers has theirs fixed now, but frankly I'd like to find a n0n-prototype to see since that has become a catch-all for issues...
I travel for work about twice a month and I usually check the pin map for arcades before I leave (better than watching crappy tv in the hotel at night) . Now that WoZ's are trickling into the wild, I'm hoping to come across a production unit in the near future (next travel stops DC, then Dallas).

A real production unit will be in Gatlinburg TN at the Space Needle. It should be there no later than Thursday July 25. Silver standard number 91

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 285 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-on-location-at-bene-pizza-and-retroarcade-in-omaha/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.