(Topic ID: 241466)

WOZ: Noob Place Like Home

By snakejaw

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from snakejaw:

First time poster, first time pin owner. I have to ask dumb questions, what can you do?
Have had a few issues with my new WOZ machine, it sat in a box for years and then got thrown around during shipping. I've monkeyed around and fixed what I could, but there are 2 issues I was wondering if anyone had some experience with.
1. In the castle upper playfield, the letter U switch is stuck open. Doesn't register being hit at all. Do I need to take this thing apart to fix the problem, or is there an easier solution?
2. The OZ saucer shot is spotting letters W,I, without ever being hit. Does that make sense? It's providing the first two letters of Wizard for nothing. I have no idea why? Anyone else? Maybe this is a Jersey Jack question.
Appreciate any help I can get, it's a whole new world for me.

And item 1 sounds like a simple switch adjustment. Go to switch tests to verify its "Red" and carefully adjust the blade gap on the stuck switch till it works correctly. Really shouldn't have to take much if anything apart as these switches are fairly visible from the top side. Switch adjustments are fairly common with most any pinball new or used.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from snakejaw:

First dumb question answered, thank you very much.

Also a small helper note, you are a stones through away from the Best JJP service tech in the land being #LTG Lloyd at SS Billiards. Visit his amazing pinball/pool facility and take a look at his JJP lineup and Know he will help you with Anything! Good Luck!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from snakejaw:

Awesome, thanks so much. I have been meaning to check SS Billiards out.

You are in for a treat then. The place is great and LTG well, he's the Great for a reason! Be prepared to spend some time there as Lloyd is an interesting person with many great stories to share. Always a great time.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just a note of caution... when you're adjusting that switch (for the letter U), don't do it with the power on. You're just asking for more problems. Only stick tools in there with the power off.
Yes, you can manipulate the target with your finger to see if you can pull it forward a tad to open the leaf switch... but don't go poking and prodding.

Kind of agree granted worst he would do is create a closed switch contact if he touched both blades. Now working on the Bottom side of the playfield thats a different story which I advised against. I have adjusted switches live for 20 years and have yet to see an issue or create one.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have replaced all 3 twice.
12000 plays.

Holly crap! You have 12k plays? You Really love your WOZ!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-noob-place-like-home?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.