• Latest reply 6 years ago by Flip79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ Playfield (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

We've finally decided to pull the trigger and buy Woz. I have found a couple Ecle closer to end of run for around 8k. My problem is I can get the RR for 9500-10k. I kind of prefer the green over red but the extras on RR are nice. Guess I'm looking for some opinions on which is a better deal. saving a few bucks or the extras And warranty. Thanks in advance

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Flip79:

Guess I'm looking for some opinions on which is a better deal. saving a few bucks or the extras And warranty.

This is very simple you answered your own question in my mind. Until the JJP 2.0 conversion harness and power supply are ready for retail sale. New 2.0 75th RR 2 year extended warranty. Some JJP sellers offer extended warranty. Good luck and happy holidays !

WOZ Playfield (resized).jpgWOZ Playfield (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

I agree that the WOZ 2.0 light system is superior, but that being said I had a WOZ RR that had the 7.5V buffered light boards and had zero issues (its the same game). So if your looking to save a few bucks stay away from the original system (5.0V), and get a WOZ with at least the 7.5V boards. From my experience the market for this game is $7-8K depending on condition...the real question is if you want to pay $2k+ for a new one with the 2.0 system?

#4 6 years ago

this ECLE could be fine, but still, go NIB.

NIB will probably be less trouble prone. Plus you've got the warranty if there is trouble. No question marks. No risk.

#5 6 years ago

Go NIB - WOZ 2.0 is amazing - the lighting system is perfect! My second choice would be to buy a used 2.0 RR.

#6 6 years ago

NIB gives you the warranty, 2.0 light system, etc. but at a premium of course.

Used gives you some bargaining room (I would echo what others have said and probably avoid the earlier runs unless its really a deal) but with it comes a little more risk; mainly, no warranty.

That being said, I have a later run ECLE and it is quite simply, a work of art.

If you want the safest bet and are willing to shell out a little more coin, go NIB

if you are comphy with a little more risk (and OK potentially getting your hands a little more dirty) but possibly a better deal, go used.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

NIB gives you the warranty, 2.0 light system, etc. but at a premium of course.
Used gives you some bargaining room (I would echo what others have said and probably avoid the earlier runs unless its really a deal) but with it comes a little more risk; mainly, no warranty.
That being said, I have a later run ECLE and it is quite simply, a work of art.
If you want the safest bet and are willing to shell out a little more coin, go NIB
if you are comphy with a little more risk (and OK potentially getting your hands a little more dirty) but possibly a better deal, go used.

Also if you're concerned about the light board issues - those were from runs in 2013 and 2014; I don't believe many ECLEs were made during this period, so you're good to go either way! You can't lose with a WOZ, it is simply an amazing machine

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Go NIB - WOZ 2.0 is amazing - the lighting system is perfect! My second choice would be to buy a used 2.0 RR.

WOZ 2.0? Am I missing something? Can someone point me in the right direction or explain it to me?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

WOZ 2.0? Am I missing something? Can someone point me in the right direction or explain it to me?

2.0 refers to the redesigned light boards they are using, which I believe were designed for the Hobbit. Newer WOZ games are now using that new light board design. I’m not aware that there are any noticeable game changes though?

#10 6 years ago

Then this would be the 3rd light board iteration? I know they originally had the ones prone to failure which were replaced. Has there been a 3rd or is the 2.0 acronym just something I haven't heard / seen before?

#11 6 years ago

there have been a couple of different versions.

the 2.0 refers to an entirely different system. the power supplies, wiring, and boards are different from the originals. the original system was set up like an old Christmas tree. the data went from one board, to the next, to the next. while there were some issues with the first run of the boards, the later versions were much more stable. mine has been flawless since i unboxed it new in November of 2013.

the 2.0 system was developed in part because the current led driver that was being used was scheduled for EOL (end of life) by the company that made it. A new driver would have to be acquired and a system designed around that. they (JJP) could have just redone the original system with the new driver, but decided to redo the entire system to fall in line with the way it should have been from the start. The 2.0 system in Woz is the same style system used in Hobbit, Dialed in and now Pirates too.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Flip79:

We've finally decided to pull the trigger and buy Woz. I have found a couple Ecle closer to end of run for around 8k. My problem is I can get the RR for 9500-10k. I kind of prefer the green over red but the extras on RR are nice. Guess I'm looking for some opinions on which is a better deal. saving a few bucks or the extras And warranty. Thanks in advance

Would you mind telling me what extras are on the RR games? I was interested in the differences between the ECLE and RR as well...

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Would you mind telling me what extras are on the RR games? I was interested in the differences between the ECLE and RR as well...

Ruby red armor
Red tinted backglass
Color topper
Toto in a basket
Castle walls
Lollipop rainbow targets
Printed manual

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Ruby red armor
Red tinted backglass
Color topper
Toto in a basket
Castle walls
Lollipop rainbow targets
Printed manual

The ECLEs also have the wood apron over the RRs. Not sure if RRs have the direct print cabinets that the ECLE had or if that was an upgrade? The direct print cabs are amazing.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The ECLEs also have the wood apron over the RRs. Not sure if RRs have the direct print cabinets that the ECLE had or if that was an upgrade? The direct print cabs are amazing.

The optional RadCals on the RR look pretty darn good too.

#16 6 years ago

I've seen Radcals in one ad. Anyone know what they are?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Flip79:

I've seen Radcals in one ad. Anyone know what they are?

No but this dealer said to call and they would explain $395.00. I think if I had to guess it is a screen printed decal that is clear coated?

http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/wizard-of-oz-pinball-machines-for-sale

#18 6 years ago

Thanks guys..

#19 6 years ago

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Crazy couple weeks. Just wanted to say Thanks to everyone for your replies. I decided to go with an ECLE that another pinsider had for sale. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow! I had to do a lot of thinking on this one but between the color and the price difference I had to go with the ECLE.

#20 6 years ago

Cant go wrong, Woz is in another league.

#21 6 years ago

Good info, I am picking up a 2.0 RR built in April of 2017. Has 157 plays.

I have been debating on this for days and finally decided to pull the trigger.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Good info, I am picking up a 2.0 RR built in April of 2017. Has 157 plays.
I have been debating on this for days and finally decided to pull the trigger.

I debated for a while too and now that I have one I am wondering what took me so long!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-nib-rr-vs-used-ecle?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.