24609476.jpg
thread_cat.jpg
holmes_rand_heraldhead.jpg
image.jpg
ibtl2.jpg
glorious-boobs-gifs-jenn.gif
IMG_5477.jpg
image.jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

There is an Eight Ball Deluxe in my garage. Very similar issue. It is powered down. If anyone was planning on visiting my garage please be warned that EBD is down. There is a Mata Hari in the basement that is playing GREAT though. MH is playing like a total ass kicker right now.

Oh, WOZ? NYC? Go to Reciprocal in NYC and play Jon's. that was the first production WOZ I played and it is just amazing. 1.14 felt like a real game. My favorite part? TNPLH, although I wasn't able to finish it. And the burger place on the next block (Brunddle? Sp?), fantastic. Brooklyn beer, steak burger, hand cut fries, and WOZ all within a block of each other.

#52 10 years ago

I want to hook a hitch shitter to my pickup, lay this thread on the ground under it and....
Well you get the idea image.jpgimage.jpg

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Not a very good heads up when the only information provided is it's somewhere in NY.

True true....

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

All I know is that it would not play. Just trying to see how many have had issues before I decide to get one. I like to hear what others have experienced so far. No one there seems to know anything about the pin other than its not working. Sorry to make anyone upset about this posting.

Your good to go with WOZ. The game could have been a prototype or just have a minor technical issue that only a tech with the ability to take the glass off could fix. I know when I got my ACDC Premium this year that an LED bulb came off within my first 5 games and was flinging around the playfield. After I fixed that issue a piece of the mechanical band fell off. If my machine was on route anyone could have just turned the machine off until the issues were fixed. The game has been rock solid since. Nearly every review from WOZ home owners and people playing the game on route has been positive with many being extremely impressed with the game. For a game so new and complex WOZ has had very few issues and JJP support has been quick to address any that arise.

#55 10 years ago

I always call before I travel to a place with pins to ask what they have and what is working. It is always a two part question - We have a WOZ - yes and is it working - no.
Do I get a great update of how well each pin is working from am Jedi Pinhead every time a call - no, but sometimes I do.
A one minute phone call could of saved an hour of driving.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If that shit storm doesn't watch out, it will spin into a libelcane.

Slanderstorm?

#57 10 years ago

Loving the tags AWESOME Lets have a look. I am glad this thread happened. I love pinside. I literally laughed so hard I threw up a little. Thanks guys I needed this.

TAGS
Call Me Corntrollio
Cartwheel
Hey EverybodyI Like Turtles
Libelous
Look At Me
Prototype
Racial Slurs
Reciprocal Powers Pins On
Shitami
ImminentShitnado
SNAKES ON THIS MUTHA FUCKING PLANE!
Stupid Is As Stupid Does
These Tags Suck
Trouble Ticket
Where's The Game
Wrongside

#58 10 years ago

Slanderquake.

#59 10 years ago

The year 1969 the place somewhere over Cambodia.
2:20 am, zero visibility flying under the radar and #2 engine is running hot.
The copilot Richard Knowze is nervous and says to Harold I have a bad feeling on this one Harry.
Harold takes a hit and sez...Fu(kit wer're goin' in...

holmes_rand_heraldhead.jpgholmes_rand_heraldhead.jpg

#60 10 years ago

this thread should be documented. as a perfect example of a self fulfilling prophecy.

#61 10 years ago

lets all attack the OP because he went to play a machine and it was broken in some way.... yes, yes, that will do nicely

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

lets all attack the OP because he went to play a machine and it was broken in some way.... yes, yes, that will do nicely

Well you are misquoting the facts quite a bit here. It was not the OP, it was his "buddy" at an undisclosed location, with a machine powered off for unknown reasons. For all we actually know somebody reached under WOZ, snapped off the power, stood back, and snapped a picture. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but an out of context one doesn't actually show anything. Hence, the storm clouds for the dark rain.

#63 10 years ago

In such scenarios, I find it helpful to:
Ask the proprietor "what's up with the _____ machine"

It could be any number of reasons:
1. Gary Stern had threatened them to keep it off to drive up MET playtime
2. Earning were so high the entire cabinet had filled with cash and they were awaiting extra security to be able to empty all the money safely
3. Their neighbor across the street has epilepsy and the LEDs were causing them distress

Etc.

#64 10 years ago

thread_cat.jpgthread_cat.jpg

#65 10 years ago

What's the big deal? Rumor has it that WoZ is just as fun to play off as it is on...

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

1. Gary Stern had threatened them to keep it off to drive up MET playtime

Awesome!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What's the big deal? Rumor has it that WoZ is just as fun to play off as it is on...

Should've turned the Met off too... since the rumor is a Stern earns the same amount off as on.

(Yes, people, this is humor, not malice, and kudos to anyone who gets the reference.)

#68 10 years ago

Even turned off or not working people still love it !
That is the mark of success and no shit storm will damper that love.

Now back to shitnado and the extended forecast.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

In such scenarios, I find it helpful to:
Ask the proprietor "what's up with the ____ machine"

Yes this.

Someone may have simply turned it off and there is nothing wrong with it. No out of order sign on it or anything.

LTG : )

#70 10 years ago

Even turned off or not working people still love it !
That is the mark of success and no shit storm will damper that love.
Now back to shitnado and the extended forecast.

Urine line with my thinking on these WoZ threads, that is deficantly a possibility.

24609476.jpg24609476.jpg

#71 10 years ago

Imagine that - a pinball machine out on location that is broken in some way or turned off because you know that's never happened before ever. Oh the scandal!

I can't believe someone started a thread about a broken game on location. If I had a dollar for every broken pinball machine I've seen out in the wild I'd have more than enough money to buy a WOZ and all the other expensive fancy new pins coming out.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is an Eight Ball Deluxe in my garage. Very similar issue. It is powered down. If anyone was planning on visiting my garage please be warned that EBD is down. There is a Mata Hari in the basement that is playing GREAT though. MH is playing like a total ass kicker right now.
Oh, WOZ? NYC? Go to Reciprocal in NYC and play Jon's. that was the first production WOZ I played and it is just amazing. 1.14 felt like a real game. My favorite part? TNPLH, although I wasn't able to finish it. And the burger place on the next block (Brunddle? Sp?), fantastic. Brooklyn beer, steak burger, hand cut fries, and WOZ all within a block of each other.

Looks like you mean this place:
http://brindleroom.com/

I've never been, but I'll look into it next time I get to Reciprocal.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah he just wanted to check it out. Driving a hour was not a big deal. He just wished it worked. That's all. Not trying to bash the WOZ. It was turned off because it was *broke* Whysnow.

*broken

Quoted from Whysnow:

so what exactly was the reason for this thread?
What was *broke*? Was this some sort of catastrophic WOZ failure? Was this a proto or production machine? Did your buddy talk to the OP to find out what was going on?

*broken

Quoted from scottc:

Where is it...was this a heads up that it is *broke* so no-one else makes the trip? If so get off the guys back. Stuff happens...so its down for a bit...it will be working soon im sure.....

*broken

Quoted from stevevt:

Looks like you mean this place:
http://brindleroom.com/
I've never been, but I'll look into it next time I get to Reciprocal.

Brindle burgers ROCK. Seriously.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

*broken

*broken

*broken

Now. Now. For all you know the machine may not have had any money.

#75 10 years ago

Just got home from vacation and found this thread on my journey to Mugs Ale House in Brooklyn.I was in NY with the family and researched places to play pinball in the area.Hadn't played WOZ or Met so took the subway to Brooklyn to play them.When I walked in the door WOZ was turned off,Met was on and working.I examined the game and found a rubber had broken at the top and the ball had gotten trapped in behind it.I sent this picture to my friend as to let him know I made an attempt to find WOZ and play it but this is what I found.I played Met and drank beer for about 2 hours,had a good time.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from brz:

I sent this picture to my friend as to let him know I made an attempt to find WOZ and play it but this is what I found.I played Met and drank beer for about 2 hours,had a good time.

Hotel room in Manhattan - $300

Train to Brooklyn - $2

Playing pins and drinking beer - priceless

rd.

#77 10 years ago

*broken

*broken

*broken

Brindle burgers ROCK. Seriously.

Oh, I had to

grammar-police.pnggrammar-police.png

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from brz:

I examined the game and found a rubber had broken at the top and the ball had gotten trapped in behind it.I sent this picture to my friend as to let him know I made an attempt to find WOZ and play it but this is what I found.I played Met and drank beer for about 2 hours,had a good time.

Did you tell your friend that it was turned off due to the broken rubber?

I guess if this thread it the worst thing he experiences from a broken rubber then life is not too bad...

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess if this thread it the worst thing he experiences from a broken rubber then life is not too bad...

#80 10 years ago

Life is all good now. . Broken rubber, ball stuck. Should be back up in no time.

#81 10 years ago

*broken

*broken

*broken

grammar.jpggrammar.jpg

#82 10 years ago

A broken rubber could always be worse...

13567146733imuhftv.jpg13567146733imuhftv.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-my-friend-could-not-even-play-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.