(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I know the top 100 is popularity contest. But can WoZ really be better than Tron? Also the statistical difference is more of a toss up, but the actual rank has WoZ moving up past Tron.

I know it's like cheese fries or apple pie ( you can like them both) and they are both different types of games.

I am posting a poll not to ask which is better, but which you prefer.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

. (And I think we're talking about TRON LE here, right? I think WOZ blows away the pro version of Tron.)

Either Tron.

Tron LE seems the same to me as Tron Pro with Eli mod.

I don't see what's so special about Tron LE moving recognizer is cool and drop targets as opposed to stand up targets but not really like Tron LE is world better than Tron pro they are 97% identical as far as game play.

#5 9 years ago

I'm not knocking WoZ as I don't have many plays under my belt, but to me, I love Tron a lot.

Anyway it's great to see JJP and others hopefully make great games as it can only push Stern to up their game. And it's nice that Stern still offers sub-$5k games I bought Tron for $4500 iirc.

#83 9 years ago

Fairly even spilt

I voted Tron because I simply love the game, if I think acdc premium is more fun, but Tron is more pinball zen. Plus I put Tron pics on background of my computer, iPhone and iPad. I have the Eli mod and the arcade mod, and it simply is both fun, sounds great and plays great. No downside to me at all. If people say it's fairly shallow or short, that's kind of another thing I like about it, can get in and have a short game or 5 and it's just as fun as having a 10 minute game of SM.

I can not truly judge WoZ only was on the list, but dropped out after playing one on early code, I am sure it's lost better with the real code, but I just didn't like it, impudent like I didn't like TSPP just not my type of layout. But I am sure it's a great game for many.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's not a zero sum game! One pin doesn't have to lose or suck for the other to be great.

I agree. As I said, French fries or Apple pie are not the same, but some like one *more than another. That does not make one bad.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What does it mean that Tron Pro scores higher then the LE.

the LE average points is .044 lower than the pro (I call it nearly the same game)

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Did anyone else notice that AC/DC (*premium/LE) is # 5 . Best game ever!!

I think it's every bit that good, a modern day TAF.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

there is no rating criterion for cost. people aren't being honest if they are adjusting other ratings factors to accomodate. The game "is what it is" and you should weigh out cost independent of the overall rating. If you didn't, we'd have the bang for the buck games at the top.

Somebody rates Tron LE 1.2 or some such horse shit. I know it's one vote out of 200 but just that votes of 1.2 are included in the average is bogus. And a super low score like that can negate 20 superior votes.

For a game to be 1.2 it would have to be something like 'Justin Bieber the pin' and have only one working flipper.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, that's the downfall of STLE as well, some douche giving it a 2 out of 10 and another guy 1.8 out of 10. CRAP.

Here's one from JeanJean
Star Trek (Premium/LE)
Stern, 2013

How can this be possible, there is a category for lights or lighting effect or theme integration. You would have to give a game the worst possible rating in every category or maybe second worst rating in a few categories, but it's simply impossible for STLE to be worst possible in lights, theme integration, sound etc,,,

Every review from a guy that posts a review like this should be erased since he has an agenda to manipulate and nullify the true reviews.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So does Robin throw out the folks that rated a game a 10?
That seems to be just as much an "outlier" as someone who rates a game very low.
If not, its just adding even more subjectivity to the process....

Well

If let's say a game is a solid 8.5 good game, someone votes it a 10 that's not as bad as voting it 1.0 which means worse possible in every single category.

Also if a game has lights, and the work fine maybe the best ever such as STLE, how can it be voted worse ever or next to worse ever in that category? But it can easily be voted best.

Now with STLE it might not have the best dots but certainly not the worst of all time, or the worse theme integration etc... I mean it can not possibly integrate the movies better, it recreates actual scenes from the movies with actual sound clips, what more do you want? How can that be rated worst ever?

I never vote any pin perfect 10 seems silly always has to be something less than 100% but some might not agree and vote a lot of best in category.

Even a bad pin like South Park, I didn't rate that but likely would be 5.6 or something suitably low, I think it stinks but not 1.4 stinks, I can not fathom 1.4 rating on STLE, art, sound, rules, lights, layout all superior to South Park without a doubt that's not subjective it's a fact.

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Iceman and RobT need their own thread to arm wrestle in.

I agree, start their own thread and carry on over there.

I do not see why ST has got into this thread.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Iceman started it!

But you're the Pinside Legend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Trade
$ 91.00
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-moving-up-the-charts-now-ahead-of-tron?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.