(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

I think the rankings are just as likely to go down as up:

Up till now, the VAST majority of these machines have gone to home collections.... hard to imagine anyone that waited 3 years for delivery to rate it poorly after that wait! .

So, as more get into the wild, you may see less emotional reviews/ratings....

But, then again, given the amount of hate-rating that goes on, its hard to give much credence to games like this that are lightning rods for emotional opinions .

The real test will be how many Woz's go (or dont go) up for firesale once TH starts shipping.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

If TRON is the best that Stern has had to offer in the past 10 years.

lolwut....Tron the best Stern in the last 10 years? Who said that?

I like tron, but I dont think its even in the top THREE Stern has made in the last 10 years.... much less "best"

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm shocked that Panzer hasn't made it here to tell us all how many more toys WOZ has than Tron, and that more toys = more better.

i think his pinside macros got erased or something.... I'll act as proxy for him.

(delivered breathlessly)

W I D E B O D Y!~!!!!!!!!
The LCD is a game changer.
All other DMD games look like dirty barglasses next to WOZ with its HD LCD animations.
The crystal ball toy is also very unique - sometimes it makes me cry its so incredible.
The two mini playfields are awesome.
The mini outlane games are a blast and have never been done before in pinball. EVER. EVER!!!!
The game is also packed with 5 flippers and 5 magnets.
WOZ is a modern day TZ on crack with all of its toys and gameplay features.

Then there's the quality. (pace quickening)
There's simply no pinball machine out there made better then WOZ, standard or LE.
The cabinet is stunning, I sometimes eat meals off the interior its so pristine.
OMG, and the customer service.
Lastly, I have played 650,000 games on my WoZ.... these "supposed" issues with LED boards blowing up is horsepucky.... mine has played flawlessly- so- they are probably just bitter Metallica owners.
And, if there WAS theoretically a problem with LED boards, only an ingrate would criticize JJP for it- afterall, they are a startup company and did things most people thought would be impossible.
A few white lies? Pffft. FIVE FLIPPERS MAN, FIVE FLIPPERS!!!!
It's just bad luck for jack that the Catholics already had 2 canonizations scheduled this year... just bad timing
The End justifies the means.
End.

(sidenote, Id rank WoZ ahead of Tron too

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

robin throws out outliers

So does Robin throw out the folks that rated a game a 10?

That seems to be just as much an "outlier" as someone who rates a game very low.

If not, its just adding even more subjectivity to the process....

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well
If let's say a game is a solid 8.5 good game, someone votes it a 10 that's not as bad as voting it 1.0 which means worse possible in every single category.

I agree. But I didnt say a 10 is the same as a 1.... I said voting a game very low (which I would consider to be like under 5).

My only point is if they selectively throw out low scores but have no similar filter for straight 10's, then you cant say they are throwing out the extremes... just throwing out the low scores.

i think most agree the rating system (well, any rating system) will be imperfect, but this selective pruning of scores deemed too low just makes it more subjective.

Perhaps the rating scales should go from 4-10? Meh... lol...who cares

Pffft... who's ever really subjective...

When i miss 3 goddamn Super Jackpot shots in a row, I want to rate my ACDC a 1..... for about 10 seconds.... then I hit the starts button again, make the super skill shot and its a 10 again

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I said JJP haters, not WOZ haters because I don't think it has as much to do with the actual game, as it does with the company and the WOZ fans that defend the company.

Close, but I'd take it one step farther.

Much of the criticism is centered around Jack himself, his direct comments, promises, business practices, etc.

So, if you wonder why criticism of WoZ is somehow different from any other machine- THATS the difference. I suspect if Gary interjected himself into threads here, made direct comments about JJP, etc, etc, you'd see more similar ire directed at him....

Without rehashing the specifics, I think it boils down to 2 camps:
The folks that take issue with what has been said and done to get the game to market, and
Those who feel the end justifies the means and look past it because of the end product.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

. WOZ does draw non/moderate pinball people in like a bug lamp.

Cool. Then its the perfect game for all you non/moderate pinball folks

(just kiddin.... easy on the thread ejection button mods....)

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't even look at it, can you? Seriously, just a few clicks……..

Jesus, you sound like a 5 yr old....

I know there's a double-standard and JJP critics are silenced much quicker than the JJP zealots, but really, Let it go.... Go play some awesome WOZ....

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Thanks Ice for calling my STLE a POS. Even though it could be , I am jealous you can say that without getting kicked off the site !

No one talks bad about woz because they are protecting their investment! If we do talk about how shitty the game play is we might get banned from the thread !

Well, the "be nice" rule is selectively used to eject folks that disagree with the mainstream view. Guaranteed that if someone started railing about how a certain slipper-flippered pin was PO#%.... It would be stopped quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 91.00
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-moving-up-the-charts-now-ahead-of-tron?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.