(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Ratings are biased. It is human nature to overrate games you own in order to validate your choices, and underrate games you don't own (or would like but can't afford to own).

Common sense isn't it!

I couldn't stand Tron initially maybe because I just don't like the theme or the movies, well, probably because I just haven't played enough games on it, which is usually the case with most pins I end up liking. I hated Lotr and Wpt at first too. Enough people love Tron for me to know that I'd probably love it too if I had enough time on it.

Plus, I have played it at Pinballz and there are just too many other options that get my attention there!

#42 9 years ago

The ratings really mean very little to me, I like reading the insightful and well thought out comments and those are easy to find! The rest, "flagged as bogus".....

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

What other machine on this forum gets artificially propped up with the threat of sanctions if you don't slurp all over it?

What other machine on this forum gets dumped on, three years running, more than any other pin, by a factor of 100!

It doesn't really matter anymore because Woz has "scoreboard", its a great pin

#52 9 years ago

Don't worry, this thread will spark some more bogus down grades for Woz like the most recent one from Vid…..

Take a look at that bogus BS! A lot of 10's there, that right there is why the rating system BLOWS

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rating system is fine. What's fundamentally flawed is people take it too seriously and get butt hurt cock gobbled aboot the whole thing.

I agree and disagree, agree about the "butt hurt cock gobblers" Disagree with the flawed people that intentionally F it up…….

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's a vicious circle too, because people will also intentionally F with the ratings simply because they see other people intentionally F with the ratings.

Those people are just as bad….take a look at Vid's ratings and tell me what you think

Quoted from TheLaw:

my only rebutthurttle would be that people intentionally F it up because it is unbeliavble to them that other people have diff'rent thoughts; becasue they are egomaniacs. But it's a little of the same thing we're saying here.

No doubt!

#74 9 years ago

Mood dictates, I have my Ac/dc positioned closest to my fridge for quick reloading and I have my wireless Beats boom box right next to my Woz when I want to continue the rock concert on another pin!

The only pin I don't do that with is RS, gotta have Carlene Carter and all those great red neck call outs mixed in with that awesome shaker!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was waiting till tomorrow to see the huge amount of newly registered pinsiders! LOL!

I see another 40 or so new users in the last hour from Utah and California

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

purple!!!!!!!

160208-i.jpg 50 KB

Is that your game room Jet, pretty cool! I've got that same Budweiser beer sign, need to hang it this weekend, damn thing is heavy

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cmon, you dont know HOP? HouseofPin, our favorite expert on Pinball Financials and sales reports to dictate the used pinball resale market.

I thought HOP stood for "High On Peyote"?

#162 9 years ago

It's not a zero sum game! One pin doesn't have to lose or suck for the other to be great.

#302 9 years ago

You can't believe or count on anything a "pinhead" says……. A weird and uncool group of us nerds that don't know sh*t really, think about it……at least that's what the "cool" people say, but hey, kid yourselves if you want

Doesn't matter to me, I know what I like!

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The rules are what's holding it back, *not* the layout.

Seen the layout many times before…..rules can't save that one…..I'll take STTNG at 1/2 price all day every day!

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
Is the layout of AC/DC somehow unique? Yet you think that's a great pin, right?
So....what's your point?

Ac/dc, SM, two ramp (except my beloved SM), one spinner, and both of those are 10x the pin of ST! My point is ST sucks, a bad knock off by SR, of his own sh*t…….

Right now, I'll take SM over Ac/dc, but I love em both, don't need another lame fake layout that really doesn't/can't come close!

To make it clear ST BLOWS! And of course I'm glad I backed out of that POS…..

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Come on Iceman, don't hold back....tell us how you really feel.

Hehe, well, I played it enough and yep, it BLOWS imho……..maybe its the $$$ grab?

#309 9 years ago

You know the answer Rob, what's the point? Tell me again?

Ac/dc is NOT the same layout, sorry, SM is much closer, and MAYBE if ST would have not had to make the design changes it would have been better, but as it is, it BLOWS! That's why you and Jimmy sold it and you know it

So explain that one again….hehe Ever heard the soundtrack on Ac/dc and the ability to change the songs? Bell shot? It feels 10x different, ask Jimmy….Good Lord…..

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy crap you can be impossible sometimes. Seriously, I just don't know if you are trolling me or whether you are serious.
In the off chance that you are serious: I NEVER said that AC/DC had the same layout as ST! My God man, do you have any reading comprehension ability at all? Try focusing like a laser beam! You said ST layout was not unique, "we've seen it before". I said AC/DC wasn't really unique either, but you don't criticize it for the same reason you are criticizing ST. Again: I never said it was like ST!
The irony of course is that you now bring up SM and you admit that design is close to ST. So explain how ST "blows" because of the PF layout/design and code can't save it if SM is one of your favorite pins ever?

Ok, I'm just gonna leave it to the pinnies that own Ac/DC and SM. I'm thankful that I have SM for 3k less and MUCH better pin. But that's just IMHO. Let the sales facts speak for themselves. Can you really even have an ounce of seriousness Carney?

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know it's gotten bad when RobT has to be the one defending Star Trek.

Carney. No shot!

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

STLE is the best light show i have in my collection. I love it. My kids love it. One day I will have all the Star Trek pins.

ACDC is still the best pin I have ever played.

Carry on.

And when you get Woz, your kids will abandon that pos STLE, you know it Rommy, and btw, STTNG kicks ass and yes AC/DC kicks ass too, reserve judgement until you get your Woz and your kids are fighting over it!

STLE doesn't even come CLOSE to STTNG………carry on and report back with the reality later

And Rob, you are always quick to jump on ratings BS on a pin you own and then when Vid records total BS on Woz you are about "crickets", Carney…….please explain?

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Speaking of reality......
CURRENT COLLECTION
iceman44 currently owns these machines.
Road Show (Red & Ted's)
Williams, 1994
White Water
Williams, 1993
AC/DC (Premium/LE)
Stern, 2012
The Hobbit
Jersey Jack Pinball, 2014
NBA Fastbreak
Bally, 1997
Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland
Zidware Pinball USA, 2014
World Poker Tour
Stern, 2006
Wizard of Oz LE
Jersey Jack Pinball, 2013
Spider-Man
Stern, 2007
Lord of the Rings
Stern, 2003

And what's your point?…..

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know it's gotten bad when RobT has to be the one defending Star Trek.

Scumbag lawyer…...

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As usual I have no idea what you are talking about. Yet you ask *me* to explain?

Please investigate and get back to me, seriously…….do some "discovery"…..

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You WoZ guys have a lot of imaginary machines in your house.

2 "vapor pins" and 8 that I can play, f*ck it, 8 is too many but I'll take it!

Btw Flanker, Tron blows too! You and Rob Tron can bend me over…..

Oh, and I forgot, one more vapor pin, I plunked down a deposit on AIW and, have vapored off the Predator vapor and the MMr vapor, although I love me some vapor...

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have no intention of letting you send me on some wild ass goose chase that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Wtf, take a look at Vid's "ratings", not that hard and tell us what you think? Click on the recent BS and give and opinion, not that tough…..10's across the board and a 6 on Woz, can I spell it out for you?

RATINGS JOKE! Pathetic right? Come on, you can say it, it's ok……"crickets"

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wait. You think I don't think the ratings here are manipulated and have serious issues? Really? That's what you want to argue about? What does this have to do with what you said about the ST playfield layout again?
Like I said: wild ass goose chase that has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Just reply on Vid, that's all, like you have railed on other people before? Come on, you can do it, I know you can

The ST play field speaks for itself, an uninspired complete and utter disappointment, which I think you would agree with, but hey, I own Ac/dc and SM and would take a STTNG all day every day and 10x on Sunday over that pos but again, just imo…..

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Meh, I would insert a different consonant for the K.

You know what, sell me your TZ and we'll go from there…. Seriously…..

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

So, give us some WOZ criticisms that are equally fact-based and not feeling-based..... or admit you're just trolling.

Still no reply re Vid and the "outrage"…..oh the humanity of it all…hehe……good lord, he can't give "Woz criticisms" that are in any way valid or objective, but why would anybody care!

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You say he rated WoZ a 6? That sounds a little low, but hardly what I would call a wild outlier that should be completely disregarded. Did that rating make you butthurt?

Can't even look at it, can you? Seriously, just a few clicks…….. Rob, I know you wouldn't do the same BS because I can look at your ratings and know that at least you respect the concept like most of us do, not sure why you won't condemn that BS

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ill think about it....its my only "vintage" game though....
For the record Ive always liked Icemans and RobtT posts, you guys are crazy!

Exactly!

I seriously want that TZ Flank! I love me some stop and go……and some Lawlor!

Woz can't move up the charts if we don't have some F ing "the LAW", i.e. can we get rid of some Vid BS?

Pinball is all good, even those Tron b*tches….

Don't need a "snack break", need a p*ssy break…….

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not bad but do you have any tougher pics? Like umm...Dorothy's homely looks with Quorra's fighting skills mixed with Gem's &#^!#@) with a squirt of The Loin's ^&#(*&^(@ with the Tin Man just sitting there like; "Oh yeah, Rigth on &^@ @*&$@*% Face."
?

Have you seen sexy Dorothy? Google it…….that itty bitty titty thang is skanky compared to hot Dorothy...

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm not saying there are not some legitimate criticisms of WOZ. I have a few myself.

I think that it's poor software/design to keep the upper playfield flippers active when the ball is not up there. This increases the wear-and-tear on the game unnecessarily. The arguments for the way it is are weak and inconsequential compared to the arguments for disabling the flippers when not in use. I'd like to see that fixed and it could be fixed with a simple software update. Until then, I think it's a legitimate gripe.

I think on the LE the topper is anti-climactic. It was supposed to be "interactive".. I'm not sure how it is "interactive."

The HOADC system needs tweaking. There appears to be no way to on-demand tell what settings you have.

Totally agree, the topper is a joke and the upper flipper issue should be an easy fix.

With 3.0, Keith has created a masterpiece……..

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What about this hotty from Madmen, I like her oh so much....

» YouTube video

jon-hamm-jessica-pare.jpg 116 KB

I like that hottie with a nice rack, need the big rack! Nipples resting on his beer belly…..

Can somebody give me an honest Vid ratings review so I can shut her down……anybody, where r you Vid? Ok Robert, I'm out, leaving it up to the "left coast"….

#383 9 years ago

Hehe, I'm actually 50 going on 10, not a 5 yr old

I might have exaggerated the pos comment Jimmy, I thought you sold yours

Anyhow, relax, back to the Woz Tron debate!

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, the "be nice" rule is selectively used to eject folks that disagree with the mainstream view. Guaranteed that if someone started railing about how a certain slipper-flippered pin was PO#%.... It would be stopped quickly.

What are you a 3 yr old crybaby? Hehe . Quit whining

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,028 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-moving-up-the-charts-now-ahead-of-tron?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.