(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davewtf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

They are completely different pinball experiences. They cannot really be compared in any reasonable manner.

The very fact that tron le is rated lower than the pro should tell you something about what "happened" with the rating system with this title. if i need to explain it to you...

#64 9 years ago

IMHO, Tron LE is the most immersive experience in all of pinball. Sights, sounds, speed & flow. It doesn't get any better.

I wish my ratings counted. Some of them have been pending review since early april. What's with the manual review of reviews?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is it fact or opinion you have a Hobbit in your current pin lineup.

old-spice-mind-blown-o.gifold-spice-mind-blown-o.gif
#72 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If I'm kicking ass in any game they're all the same immersive experience.

ok, how about if you're just staring at the game with the ball sitting in the shooter lane?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

Played it multiple times at pinball shows and at various collectors homes, machine does nothing for me at all...

same here. i keep trying it bc people tell me it's great. they keep mentioning the rules. i don't like deep rules, i like shots. woz shots just don't feel "right" or satisfying to me.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think price has something to do with that

there is no rating criterion for cost. people aren't being honest if they are adjusting other ratings factors to accomodate. The game "is what it is" and you should weigh out cost independent of the overall rating. If you didn't, we'd have the bang for the buck games at the top.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Somebody rates TRON LE 1.2 or some such horse shit. I know it's one vote out of 200 but just that votes of 1.2 are included in the average is bogus. And a super low score like that can negate 20 superior votes.
For a game to be 1.2 it would have to be something like 'Justin Bieber the pin' and have only one working flipper.

robin throws out outliers

i love all the irrelevant comments about the game being too expensive. like the game itself has anything to do with that.

even better is the commentary that it's the most expensive LE when it's MSRP was below all the ones that came after it. Somehow, those are priced better in some of those people's eyes. It's all supply/demand.

Jealous_Much .jpgJealous_Much .jpg

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

One wouldn't have to throw out all 10's, just throw out the same number of the lows thrown out. I am not saying Robin does it this way, or does it at all, I never asked him. Just that this would be a way to do it. Drop the top 5% votes and bottom 5% and now you have a more realistic median.

once upon a time, he mentioned he either was or was going to. maybe it was just out-loud rambling.

I'd try to find where he said it, but there are so many galsh darn ratings threads, it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

#393 9 years ago

i wish all the games i liked were ranked lower than they are. i would think it would drive the price down a little bit. Nah, probably wishful thinking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davewtf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-moving-up-the-charts-now-ahead-of-tron?tu=davewtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.