(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alichino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 9 years ago

Tron is fun to play on location; that's about it. It would get boring real quick in a home environment. When 75% of my games land me in Sea of Simulation... not a keeper. Even in recent Sterns, I'd take X-Men over Tron in a heartbeat. It's every bit as hard, and there's so much more to do.

WoZ too. It's LOTR level deep, and with twice as many things to shoot for to make progress. And it's a constant risk reward of 'Do I cash in no hold flipper and hope for the best in ECMB or wait and hope I get something better like lights on / off? Can I handle weak flippers and get double jackpots in Fireball Frenzy or just start FF, but maybe I'll make a wrong flip and get lights on..."

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Are you serious?
If you are hitting SoS 75% of the time, you should probably get to PAPA and win an easy $10k.
Either that or you are playing an easy game.

What's so hard about it? Disk is the hardest one to get, and all you need is to bang on the left side of the cab as it's coming out. Maybe more like 50%, but it's really not that hard to get to Sea of Simulation.

The plunge gives you 1/4 of light cycle, then you hit quora. 1/2 to light cycle, 1/4 to quora.

From there, right flipper is just focusing on quora -> gem. Left flipper is focusing on the disk. Awesome... I have one important shot from each flipper. That gets old quick.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok sweet sweet all I have to do is hit Gem a bunch of times...piece of cake
What makes it hard is actually doing it, and depending on how hard your game is set up (or easy) has a lot to do with it. I also don;t think it's super tough, but I play it in yournaments a lot so it's a bit tougher.

That's my point, though. Even if it's set up tournament difficult, there's still only two things to shoot for. What you're saying is less "The game is really fun" and more "The outlanes get super wide"

I don't ever plan on having a BOP because there's only two shots that matter. Likewise, I'd much rather go WoZ because there are actually things to shoot for.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well in a tournament if you're shooting at only 2 things you are going to lose very badly all the time unless you're playing your sister's shitty friends.

Dude, don't be a dick.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It's diff'rent strokes all around. I don;t think it's an extrememly deep game, but I also don;t think it has to be. It's balanced very well. I've said before it reminds me a lot of HS...another game that is not deep at all and I still play all the time.

I just don't get the love for it. For me, IM is a much better example of a game that's hard but good because it has some interesting goals; Tron gets a lot more love for some reason, though. And interesting goals is what makes or breaks a pinball machine for me, which WoZ has in spades.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why are your sister's friends really good or something? <--- use of emoticon to imply a light hearted joke.

Whoops. Emoticon didn't show up on my phone. Sorry for that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alichino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-moving-up-the-charts-now-ahead-of-tron?tu=alichino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.