(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 9 years ago

I've got to chime in here....

I own both games, Tron and WOZ,,, and I like them both. Have been trying to conquer Quorra... trying my best. And it is quite the challenge.... like this game a lot.

But let me comment on WOZ....... since that's what the orginal thread was about. "WOZ Climbing Up the Charts"...

And so let me say that only owning a few games, and AC/DC is really one of my favorites. And owning WOZ for just a little over 24 hours.......

My first impression is: WOZ is in a totally league of it's own. Damn, I drank the coolaid. But YES I did!.... I am not one to participate in any discussion that bashes one or the other... and I will definitely not do that here. I am just that damn impressed.

Tron is one of our favorite games. It is quite difficult. It is quite enjoyable when I can hit what I need to hit. And AC/DC is just damn fun about all of the time.

I am not that surprised that WOZ is climbing up the charts. It sure climbed up on mine.

#172 9 years ago

WOW, This has been a fun thread to read.

As an owner of both WOZ and Tron, and AC/DC (well, I guess I don't own them, the bank does, but they reside in my house!)... Anyways, earlier I said that WOZ is in a league of it's own.

So after reading many posts, and playing both tonight I thought I should correct myself... but then I thought NO, I just need to clarify. Because truly I believe WOZ is in a league of it's own.

My Clarification: Tron is Truly a wonderful game. And it as well is in a league of it's own. (as well as AC/DC, but we'll talk about that some other time.)..... WOZ is in a league of it's own as well. The best way for me to describe it is:

BASEBALL!:....... Do you remember when you were a young lad and wanted to play catch with your Dad?, and then you grew a little older and then played little league with all the other 2nd and 3rd graders... and then moved up into the minors with the 6th and 7th graders, and then you went to your first Minor League game of real players, and finally got to watch Major league players at a real stadium and even on TV?...

Now, after having got older, in your 20's, 30's or whatever age you are. Have you ever been to the batting cages?... It is quite fun. But having the machine deliver you a ball at 50 miles an hour is quite fast... and when you swing the bat and hit it is quite a rush and you feel satisfaction. When you jump to 60 miles an hour it seems like it's 100 miles and hour but if you hit it you feel even a better rush, but some dis-satisfaction about the balls you missed. Now jump it to 80MPH... you get the picture,

Tron requires me to hit the 60MPH ball,,, and when I do, I feel GREAT!.... a little dis-appointed of the shots missed, but damn happy about the ball I just HIT!

WOZ requires me to watch/ participate in a softball tournament in the greatest ballpark I have ever seen, heard about or ever been to. Of course I know there is a major league game going on somewhere in the outfield that I will have to learn and play, but in the meantime, I am enjoying one hell of an experience just being at the ballpark whether I'm major league or just being a fan in the seats.

Well, that is the best way I can describe it. I suppose they are both in leagues of their own. I truly enjoy them both.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I went to the batting cages this summer. I tried the middle speed laughing becasue i wanted to do the fastest. One of the scariest moments of my life. I might have foul tipped 1....and even that's probably a memory lie.

Now that's funny but also true.... So I can see that you get my analogy with baseball (and batting cages.)

But anyways..... Tron sure delivered me a Major league game tonight. It was one hell of a ride. (I am new so I'm trying to hit Quorra all the time.).... and I like it when the callout is "I'm Quorra"!.......

But tonight I played so well that I'm sure that the callout was " Yes!, YOU are a Major league player Baby!, and my name is Quorra."........... I am sure that's what she said tonight!

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Did anyone else notice that AC/DC is # 5 . Best game ever!!

yes it is!,,,, and therein lies the other league I need to discuss at some point.

Alrighty,,, I guess now is as good as time as any. BASEBALL:.... So Tron is the Major League ballgame that I really need to be a pro or be really on-top of my game to play successfully. WOZ is the most amazing ballpark that I have ever been to whether they are playing softball, baseball, or tee-ball.......

AC/DC.... is 'Me' sitting in the bleachers enjoying my beer and wine, and complimenting the women as they walk by. (to some rockin' music by the way)

It is ALL one hell of a ride.

#187 9 years ago

Oh Yes, I remember this game. But keeping on point. I had an amazing time playing Tron tonight.

And WOZ didn't treat me so well. I think the games are competing amongst themselves....

Uh Oh...... like the real tron. Oh, no.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-moving-up-the-charts-now-ahead-of-tron?tu=Geremy13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.