(Topic ID: 89075)

WoZ moving up the charts (now ahead of Tron)

By rai

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by QuarterGrabber
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• Tron 139 votes
    52%
  • WoZ 118 votes
    44%
  • Both equal 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

armadllo-1.jpg
screenshot20130207at910.png
image-176.jpg
Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif
pinside-tron-header-25.jpg
pinside-tron-header-26.jpg
pinside-tron-header-24.jpg
pinside-tron-header-22.jpg
pinside-tron-header-23.jpg
pinside-tron-header-21.jpg
pinside-tron-header-20.jpg
pinside-tron-header-19.jpg
pinside-tron-header-18.jpg
pinside-tron-header-17.jpg
pinside-tron-header-16.jpg
pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 6 years ago

snack break . . .

bert-ernie-galz-2.jpg

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Your criticism is your personal feeling on the game...

WTF? Isn't that what counts? What in the world could possibly be more important to me on any pinball in the world than my personal feelings on it? That doesn't even make any sense. If it personally makes you happy, and you can afford it, then buy one and enjoy it. If Rob personally finds it trite or irritating or less than fun for whatever personal reasons, then he probably shouldn't.

I swear this thread has all started hitting that Texas Tea.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ill think about it....its my only "vintage" game though....
For the record Ive always liked Icemans and RobtT posts, you guys are crazy!

Exactly!

I seriously want that TZ Flank! I love me some stop and go……and some Lawlor!

Woz can't move up the charts if we don't have some F ing "the LAW", i.e. can we get rid of some Vid BS?

Pinball is all good, even those Tron b*tches….

Don't need a "snack break", need a p*ssy break…….

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmmmm, maybe you guys need more of this.

Not bad but do you have any tougher pics? Like umm...Dorothy's homely looks with Quorra's fighting skills mixed with Gem's &#^!#@) with a squirt of The Loin's ^&#(*&^(@ with the Tin Man just sitting there like; "Oh yeah, Rigth on &^@ @*&$@*% Face."

?

#355 6 years ago

I'm not saying there are not some legitimate criticisms of WOZ. I have a few myself.

I think that it's poor software/design to keep the upper playfield flippers active when the ball is not up there. This increases the wear-and-tear on the game unnecessarily. The arguments for the way it is are weak and inconsequential compared to the arguments for disabling the flippers when not in use. I'd like to see that fixed and it could be fixed with a simple software update. Until then, I think it's a legitimate gripe.

I think on the LE the topper is anti-climactic. It was supposed to be "interactive".. I'm not sure how it is "interactive."

The HOADC system needs tweaking. There appears to be no way to on-demand tell what settings you have.

With 3.0, any major gripes I've had have been addressed... I honestly can't think of any serious issues.. there are all kinds of "wanted" ideas I have... I personally find it ridiculous that the game doesn't have internet connectivity, but that's probably my "feelings" and not a legitimate issue at this point.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not bad but do you have any tougher pics? Like umm...Dorothy's homely looks with Quorra's fighting skills mixed with Gem's &#^!#@) with a squirt of The Loin's ^&#(*&^(@ with the Tin Man just sitting there like; "Oh yeah, Rigth on &^@ @*&$@*% Face."
?

Have you seen sexy Dorothy? Google it…….that itty bitty titty thang is skanky compared to hot Dorothy...

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I personally find it ridiculous that the game doesn't have internet connectivity, but that's probably my "feelings" and not a legitimate issue at this point.

lol

Perfect example of why I didn't want to engage you on your definition of "legitimate gripes".

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What in the world could possibly be more important to me on any pinball in the world than my personal feelings on it?

According to your logic, all critics and all criticisms should be of equal value then? There is no way to tell one review as being superior to another? Perhaps one reviewer may be making more valid criticisms that are based on priorities that are not as subjective as another?

For example, you can review a car, and you can wax poetically about how much you love the color of the paint job.. and that's great.... but another reviewer might actually take the car for a drive a find out it can't take a corner without making weird noises and having pieces fall off.... both reviews are a person's "feelings" but one is based on some objective reality that might be of more interest to a larger group of people.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

#359 6 years ago

What about this hotty from Madmen, I like her oh so much....

jon-hamm-jessica-pare.jpg

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have you seen sexy Dorothy? Google it…….that itty bitty titty thang is skanky compared to hot Dorothy...

Now you are going to start criticizing skanks?!

You really are carrying things too far tonight Ice.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
Perfect example of why I didn't want to engage you on your definition of "legitimate gripes".

I'm not sure what that means.... If you want to talk about what-ifs.. I wish all Sterns cost $2000 instead of $6000. How's that? Am I an awesome reviewer?

So you think that WOZ's biggest problem is that it doesn't have internet connectivity? I guess you have a point since all other pinball machines do at this point, right?

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm not saying there are not some legitimate criticisms of WOZ. I have a few myself.

I think that it's poor software/design to keep the upper playfield flippers active when the ball is not up there. This increases the wear-and-tear on the game unnecessarily. The arguments for the way it is are weak and inconsequential compared to the arguments for disabling the flippers when not in use. I'd like to see that fixed and it could be fixed with a simple software update. Until then, I think it's a legitimate gripe.

I think on the LE the topper is anti-climactic. It was supposed to be "interactive".. I'm not sure how it is "interactive."

The HOADC system needs tweaking. There appears to be no way to on-demand tell what settings you have.

Totally agree, the topper is a joke and the upper flipper issue should be an easy fix.

With 3.0, Keith has created a masterpiece……..

#363 6 years ago

left-overs available . . .

bert-ernie-cookie-galz.jpg

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What about this hotty from Madmen, I like her oh so much....

» YouTube video

jon-hamm-jessica-pare.jpg 116 KB

I like that hottie with a nice rack, need the big rack! Nipples resting on his beer belly…..

Can somebody give me an honest Vid ratings review so I can shut her down……anybody, where r you Vid? Ok Robert, I'm out, leaving it up to the "left coast"….

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm not sure what that means.... If you want to talk about what-ifs.. I wish all Sterns cost $2000 instead of $6000. How's that? Am I an awesome reviewer?
So you think that WOZ's biggest problem is that it doesn't have internet connectivity? I guess you have a point since all other pinball machines do at this point, right?

See this is exactly how all discussions with you go. You completely missed my point. You are saying opinions aren't legitimate gripes. Which is absurd.

#366 6 years ago

tron's winning the poll -

(maybe a few reasons why)

pinside-tron-header-26.jpgpinside-tron-header-25.jpg

pinside-tron-header-24.jpgpinside-tron-header-23.jpg

pinside-tron-header-22.jpgpinside-tron-header-21.jpg

pinside-tron-header-20.jpgpinside-tron-header-19.jpg

pinside-tron-header-18.jpgpinside-tron-header-17.jpg

pinside-tron-header-16.jpgpinside-tron-header-15.jpg

pinside-tron-header-14.jpg

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have you seen sexy Dorothy? Google it

I've seen a lot of things...and all of them are a little too "Russian" for Googis.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't even look at it, can you? Seriously, just a few clicks……..

Jesus, you sound like a 5 yr old....

I know there's a double-standard and JJP critics are silenced much quicker than the JJP zealots, but really, Let it go.... Go play some awesome WOZ....

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

According to your logic, all critics and all criticisms should be of equal value then? There is no way to tell one review as being superior to another? Perhaps one reviewer may be making more valid criticisms that are based on priorities that are not as subjective as another?

Sure. If I don't like the color of the car then I don't like the color of the car. Maybe I don't give a shit how it corners, or how fast it goes 0-60, I just want to cruise and pick up girls and look fly. And the color is crap and utterly ruins any dreams of doing that. That's my opinion, and it's just as valid as you trying to insist I should care about the skid plate performance, and the independent rear axle suspension.

We're not writing a guide book here. Reviews are made voluntarily, for whatever purpose the person who made the review had. You simply cannot tell me my feelings aren't valid. If I was a write for Car and Driver, then sure, that would be bullshit. But we're not in that position.

If I (just for example, not making a real review) hate the music in WOZ, and think the Wicked Witch animations are stilted and choppy and distracting, and can't stand the chime sound from that center target, then hey, that's on me. And you can't say "but Keefer's rules!" to me like it somehow removes the irritation from that chime ringing. I feel what I feel.

Do I think stupid "1" reviews of games are dumb? Yes, yes I do. But whatever, I don't get upset over it, the ratings don't mean anything.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

S
If I (just for example, not making a real review) hate the music in WOZ, and think the Wicked Witch animations are stilted and choppy and distracting, and can't stand the chime sound from that center target, then hey, that's on me. And you can't say "but Keerer's rules!" to me like it somehow removes the irritation from that chime ringing. I feel what I feel.

For real.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

can't stand the chime sound from that center target

That is the worst !

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

To make it clear ST BLOWS! And of course I'm glad I backed out of that POS

Thanks Ice for calling my STLE a POS. Even though it could be , I am jealous you can say that without getting kicked off the site !

Quoted from PinballHelp:

And in the area of gameplay, WOZ kicks ass. Plain and simple. I have yet to hear any legitimate gripe about WOZ's gameplay.

No one talks bad about woz because they are protecting their investment! If we do talk about how shitty the game play is we might get banned from the thread !

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Thanks Ice for calling my STLE a POS. Even though it could be , I am jealous you can say that without getting kicked off the site !

No one talks bad about woz because they are protecting their investment! If we do talk about how shitty the game play is we might get banned from the thread !

Well, the "be nice" rule is selectively used to eject folks that disagree with the mainstream view. Guaranteed that if someone started railing about how a certain slipper-flippered pin was PO#%.... It would be stopped quickly.

#374 6 years ago

you said "slipper-flipper"

#375 6 years ago

TRON wins, close the polls.

Clu_Lightcycle_Joust2.gif

#376 6 years ago

Iceman and RobT need their own thread to arm wrestle in.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

left-overs available . . .

bert-ernie-cookie-galz.jpg 42 KB

Where is my favorite The Count?

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Where is my favorite The Count?

An oldie but a goodie.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

My time might be limited. Maybe I should start collecting guitars or something.

I think your garage and the picture of Willy Nelson tips the scale......for me its the PEZ dispensers.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Iceman and RobT need their own thread to arm wrestle in.

I agree, start their own thread and carry on over there.

I do not see why ST has got into this thread.

#381 6 years ago

Iceman started it!

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Iceman started it!

But you're the Pinside Legend

#383 6 years ago

Hehe, I'm actually 50 going on 10, not a 5 yr old

I might have exaggerated the pos comment Jimmy, I thought you sold yours

Anyhow, relax, back to the Woz Tron debate!

#384 6 years ago

What's to debate? They are two different, awesome pinball machines.

Arguing about opinions is about the least productive activity I can think of.

Wait, I take that back. Make that reading other people's arguments about opinions.

Wouldn't all our time be better spent working on or playing pins?

(And if you can't, because you're at work, I dunno, do some work, maybe?)

#385 6 years ago

If we are posting Tron girl pics, its only fair to post some WOZ ones too.
image-176.jpg

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I thought you sold yours

Nope, I tried but no takers ,so I am keeping it until the next update .

#387 6 years ago

And you called me old ? you have a solid year on me buddy!

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm actually 50

#388 6 years ago

WOZ has a lot of nice features and is a beautiful machine. However, it just doesn't give me the rush of excitement that Tron does with it's challenging modes, especially SOS. I also think that Tron does a better job of incorporating the movie into the game with it's music, quotes, and image sequences. The only thing that I like about WOZ better than Tron would be it's display, but having said that, I'm surprised there's not very much of the movie mixed in with the game.

Tron rules!

screenshot20130207at910.png

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My God man, do you have any reading comprehension ability at all?

*cough Texas cough*

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*cough Texas cough*

we got priorities in them thar parts

armadllo-1.jpg

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, the "be nice" rule is selectively used to eject folks that disagree with the mainstream view. Guaranteed that if someone started railing about how a certain slipper-flippered pin was PO#%.... It would be stopped quickly.

What are you a 3 yr old crybaby? Hehe . Quit whining

#392 6 years ago

WOZ and Tron are very different in gameplay, but both are among my favorite games. WOZ is a stacking dream, with countless ways to set up to build massive scores (and just as many ways to f*ck it all up). So much variety, every play seems different. Tron has incredible flow, music and intensity, probably the best choreography in any pin ever made. Once you fix up the flippers right and add cooling, it's just incredibly fast and challenging, with incredible light show.

I skimmed some of the preceding posts and saw STLE mentioned... frankly, with current code, STLE doesn't hold a candle to either title. It's fast and shoots well, but also quite repetitive, with little variety to scoring strategy. Some of its worst voice callouts are just as grating as the WOZ target dings. STLE definitely needs work, but I'm confident it'll get fixed up eventually.

FWIW we own all three titles and have played all three extensively. None of this "protecting investment" or other juvenile accusations I saw while skimming.. just honest opinions on all three games.

#393 6 years ago

i wish all the games i liked were ranked lower than they are. i would think it would drive the price down a little bit. Nah, probably wishful thinking.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i wish all the games are liked were ranked lower than they are. i would think it would drive the price down a little bit. Nah, probably wishful thinking.

I'm right there with you dave, when I picked up Congo it was ranked much lower then it is now and I was able to pick up one in pristine condition at a great price. It's awesome when you can find a pin you love on the cheap because some other pinheads don't seem to care for it.

#395 6 years ago

Sometimes things are pretty subjective - I am one of the few who genuinely prefer AC/DC pro to the premium - it helps that Aurich has done excellent Helen artwork

And I would take Tron over WOZ - purely on gameplay.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am one of the few who genuinely prefer AC/DC pro to the premium - it helps that Aurich has done excellent Helen artwork

I am not a fan of mini playfields and the only thing lacking on the pro is the color changing LED light show but the pro plays solid and is a great game and that is what matters more than colored lights. The premium or the pro are both excellent picks.

1 week later
#397 6 years ago

Just noticed this thread, just voted for Tron. Hell yeah!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Roscoe, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside