Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Manimal
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well its not a problem per se, but I'd say 8 times our of 10 the monkey drops the ball and it just bounces off the capture Dorothy switch and back onto the playfield.

Anyone else getting this?

Is there a way to stop this happening?

#2 10 years ago

Did you put any kind of protector around the magnet? The only time I had that happen was when a put a thin vinyl ring protector around the magnet and it effected the magnetic pull. I removed the ring and everything was fine. That magnet seems to be touchy. Might be a different situation for you, though...

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did you put any kind of protector around the magnet? The only time I had that happen was when a put a thin vinyl ring protector around the magnet and it effected the magnetic pull. I removed the ring and everything was fine. That magnet seems to be touchy. Might be a different situation for you, though...

Nope nothing, I've not added anything to the machine (yet).

#4 10 years ago

My monkey was not picking up the ball at all 8 out of 10 times. Lloyd suggested that I adjust the micro switch at the bottom of the track. After that, I've had no problem. Not sure if that is your issue or a real magnet problem.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

My monkey was not picking up the ball at all 8 out of 10 times. Lloyd suggested that I adjust the micro switch at the bottom of the track. After that, I've had no problem. Not sure if that is your issue or a real magnet problem.

Cheers, Nice dog

2 years later
#6 8 years ago

What did you do to adjust the switch? Got my 75th today and everything seems to work fine with the exception of the monkey. The ball freezes, and the monkey comes down and goes back up, but it doesn't leave with the ball. It tries, but the ball stays on the playfield....like the coil is not strong enough. I will call tech support, but thought this might be a simple adjustment.

#7 8 years ago

i had same problem, simple adjustment. take monkey assembly out, I think its 5 nuts. Then bend the lower limit switch straight just a hair. This will allow the monkey to come down a bit lower and contact ball and carry it away..

#8 8 years ago

It just proves that it's really difficult to train a Monkey to do something correctly and consistently! Damn Monkey...

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

i had same problem, simple adjustment. take monkey assembly out, I think its 5 nuts. Then bend the lower limit switch straight just a hair. This will allow the monkey to come down a bit lower and contact ball and lift it up.

I managed to adjust it without pulling assembly out pretty easily. Just have to bend the arm of the switch a little bit to make it engage when the monkey is lower.

#11 8 years ago

Just remove the hard black rubber strip to the right of the mini playfield and fit a softer piece like the beer seal type

The ball bounces off the original one and bounces off the edge of the playfield

#12 8 years ago

Thanks Kahanaohana/Bobukcat....will give it a try. Amazing machines, but I think I am going to have to close off the right drain so I can actually score a point or two.! lol

#13 8 years ago

I agree with bobukcat

#14 8 years ago

Try reversing the magnet. I had a problem with the switch errors for it but it still worked. They told me to reverse it.

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

Took a bit of back and forth to get it just right, but it works flawlessly now. Just has to adjust the "bend" in the switch arm as several suggested. It is possible to make the adjustment with the assembly still mounted, but much easier to remove the assembly, make the change and re-attach it. Thanks everyone....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-monkey-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.