• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

92C71B98-A516-4644-BCB9-397DD5546F3A (resized).jpeg
3d041e5b-7d8a-4b25-b95d-2ccf9f3f3e54_1.161876bdee4f9064557e84151471cbdb (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Installed the Monkey Mod... everything seemed to work just fine, except ball was rolling off the side of the castle lock 40% of time. So, made a very small switch adjustment to encourage a little more travel. Next time Monkey went up to castle, it stopped working in the up position.

Couldn't get monkey to move in service menu. House and Witch are still working.

Powered machine off... monkey moved 1/2 down, then back up to the top where he became inoperable again. This time, not moving when power is cycled.

Not moving in service menu (no sound coming from motor when attempting to activate.

Thoughts?

LTG

#2 4 years ago

Top switch monkey home is not reading or reading all the time thus game doesn’t know that monkey has reached the top.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Top switch monkey home is not reading or reading all the time thus game doesn’t know that monkey has reached the top.

Wouldn't the game still allow me to move the monkey down in the service menu?

#4 4 years ago

Except for the regular maintenance I stay away from touching my monkey, he does look like a fragile little guy.

Did you go for the base check ?

- Wires are well plugged ?
- Monkey switch test ?

#5 4 years ago

Maybe not if it doesn’t know where he is. Does your monkey home switch read in test, and if you manually walk the monkey off of it (spin the bar by hand), does it open properly?

#6 4 years ago

Maybe you got the early version of the YBR edition...sorry couldn't resist, good luck fixing it.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Except for the regular maintenance I stay away from touching my monkey, he does look like a fragile little guy.
Did you go for the base check ?
- Wires are well plugged ?
- Monkey switch test ?

Yes, as far as I know, all wires plugged in.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Maybe not if it doesn’t know where he is. Does your monkey home switch read in test, and if you manually walk the monkey off of it (spin the bar by hand), does it open properly?

Good idea... I'll check switches!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Maybe you got the early version of the YBR edition...sorry couldn't resist, good luck fixing it.

3d041e5b-7d8a-4b25-b95d-2ccf9f3f3e54_1.161876bdee4f9064557e84151471cbdb (resized).png3d041e5b-7d8a-4b25-b95d-2ccf9f3f3e54_1.161876bdee4f9064557e84151471cbdb (resized).png
#10 4 years ago

Have you tried lubing the monkeys shaft?Lmao

All joking aside, my monkey displayed similar behavior along with a loud grinding noise. Cleaned and then lubed up the shaft with white lithium grease and all is well.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Have you tried lubing the monkeys shaft?Lmao
All joking aside, my monkey displayed similar behavior along with a loud grinding noise. Cleaned and then lubed up the shaft with white lithium grease and all is well.

Yes, did that not too long ago.

#12 4 years ago

Don’t forget the glitter.

#13 4 years ago

Got it fixed. The problem was two fold. First, I had adjusted the upper Castle switch to allow too much travel. So the monkey mechanism (that the thread runs through) was running into the metal at the end of the bracket. For whatever reason that was binding together in a way that was making movement back down to the playfield impossible.

Secondarily, the cuff that links the motor to the threaded shaft had loosened, so the shaft wasn’t turning. So, I took a 1.5 Allen wrench and tightened the screws on that cuff.

Then I manually moved the monkey away from the upper switch (by hand turning the shaft). Adjusted the switch... and voila, the monkey no longer runs to the very end, this it’s not binding... and it’s working 100%.

Phew.

#14 4 years ago

92C71B98-A516-4644-BCB9-397DD5546F3A (resized).jpeg92C71B98-A516-4644-BCB9-397DD5546F3A (resized).jpeg

Here’s an image of the cuff that needed to be tightened

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-monkey-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.