(Topic ID: 212534)

WOZ monkey can't grab the ball

By Pinbear

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Sorry to resurrect an old post but have similar problem and have tried every suggestion I know of from various threads. Monkey recently stopped picking up the ball 100% of the time. It gets real close to the ball but just won't ever pick it up anymore.

Things I've tried.

1. Wiping old grease and re-lubricating the mechanism to make sure monkey can travel smoothly.

2. Putting game in test mode and making sure the playfield magnet activates and grabs the ball as it travels over the playfield. It does.

3. Coil test mode and the coil/magnet does work that actually is supposed to pick the ball up.

4. Making sure the up and down switches test as working as the monkey is in test mode. Monkey does appear to slide as close to possible to near playfield magnet. I know sometimes the down microswitch needs to be bent and readjusted. Tried doing that slightly just in case but seems like that's working fine.

5. Made sure the magnet board sense screws were tight and hadn't worked loose over time. Maybe slightly loose but very little if at all.

6. Tried flipping the magnet sense board but that made it worse. Monkey would only travel halfway down and then go back to castle. Tried flipping board back. Then tried moving the board per threads that sometimes the Magnet Sense Switch needs to be relocated and through trial and area can find a way if works well. This would seem weird sense I've had the game 6 or 7 years and generally the monkey almost always picked up the ball. Anyway, couldn't get this to make it work.

7 After several hours and reading threads on this issue and trying suggestions, in desperation I tried replacing the Magnet Sense Switch and then later the coil with the magnet that is what actually picks up the ball. Nothing!!

Out of ideas and have spent countless hours and not sure of anything else to try. Suggestions, please?

#8 3 years ago

Magnet does activate in coil test but guess I could try testing power to it with a meter. That is if the test isn't an accurate way to see if things are fully working?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-monkey-cant-grab-the-ball-1?tu=wesleycowan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.