Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a Woz (Australian Limited edition) and I am experiencing a slight flicker on the monitor. It's the type of interference one might see from an unshielded video cable plugged into an analogue input on a TV set (if that makes sense). It is very slight, but noticeable and annoying.

The machine was built in Nov 13, and at first I had great difficulty actually finding the controls to try to adjust the monitor controls, as they were stuck at the very back and I had to unbolt the whole thing to access them. Once I did find these controls, no adjustment I did stopped the flickering from occurring.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue, and if there any suggestions on how to fix it.

#2 4 years ago

Can you get a video? It's hard to understand what the issue could be with just words.

#3 4 years ago

Move the monitor cable away from the speaker and transformer, and unfold the cable and re route it away from the transformer.

Or replace with a shorter cable, an easy fix

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Move the monitor cable away from the speaker and transformer, and unfold the cable and re route it away from the transformer.
Or replace with a shorter cable, an easy fix

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried unfolding and re-routing the cable away from speaker and transformer, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

I'll get hold of a shorter VGA cable and give it a go, but I was wondering if it is possible to hook the monitor up via the DVI output?

#5 4 years ago

Have you contacted JJP support? I hear that they are very helpful.

#6 4 years ago

I believe DVI support has been added in the latest update. Try that cable.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Have you contacted JJP support? I hear that they are very helpful.

Yes, I have a JJP ticket and am awaiting a response.

I'll also give the DVI option a go.

3 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

We have the same issue here in the UK, you need to purchase a really good shielded VGA cable.

#9 4 years ago

Shouldn't have to purchase a really good shielded VGA cable - for the AUD$11.5k it should be provided as standard.!

For the record, mine does exactly the same thing..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Blandon, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside