image.jpg
effgen.jpg
hfbutton2.jpg
WOZ_trees_4.jpg
WOZ_trees_3.jpg
WOZ_trees_2.jpg
WOZ_trees_1.jpg
image-286.jpg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

I wonder what would happen if the plastic wasn't there. It just sits over the witch I do not think it has a function except for protection maybe.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

I wonder what would happen if the plastic wasn't there. It just sits over the witch I do not think it has a function except for protection maybe.

Ball might get trapped behind her or something. I'm not sure

#53 10 years ago

I rec'vd the awesome Emerald City resin mod, from Matt at Back Alley. It had sparkle, however, I wanted more. I mixed auto clear w/ 1 teaspoon of "Paint with Pearl" Emerald Green Metallic Flake. It really pops! It actually looks like the powder coat green, on the glass lock own bar. The picts don't do it justice.DSCN2461.JPGDSCN2461.JPGDSCN2465.JPGDSCN2465.JPG

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It had sparkle, however, I wanted more. I mixed auto clear w/ 1 teaspoon of "Paint with Pearl" Emerald Green Metallic Flake. It really pops! It actually looks like the powder coat green, on the glass lock own bar.

Great stuff !!!!!!

1 month later
#55 10 years ago

Anymore cool and exciting MODS out there?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Anymore cool and exciting MODS out there?

Have a couple Shooter Rod Mods still available.

#57 10 years ago

In testing phase

image-671.jpgimage-671.jpgimage-330.jpgimage-330.jpg

#58 10 years ago

TMez is that an acrylic drop target? Interesting.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

TMez is that an acrylic drop target? Interesting.

3d printed

#60 10 years ago

Sweet. I'll test it for you on my dev game LOL.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

I don't know how possible/practical this would be, but I thought it would be very interesting to pull the plastic bubble around the witch, and replace it with a "wrought iron fence" look. A curved cage basically, open at the top, height to be determined by whatever would be needed to keep the ball from getting trapped.

I haven't put enough time in on WOZ to know if leaving the top of the witch open would be problematic, but it would still protect from normal air balls hitting or getting stuck, and might be a much more interesting look.

Anyways, just a thought, if it seems doable anyone is welcome to steal the idea, I'm not going to try it myself.

Garden-Gates.jpgGarden-Gates.jpg

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know how possible/practical this would be, but I thought it would be very interesting to pull the plastic bubble around the witch, and replace it with a "wrought iron fence" look. A curved cage basically, open at the top, height to be determined by whatever would be needed to keep the ball from getting trapped.
I haven't put enough time in on WOZ to know if leaving the top of the witch open would be problematic, but it would still protect from normal air balls hitting or getting stuck, and might be a much more interesting look.
Anyways, just a thought, if it seems doable anyone is welcome to steal the idea, I'm not going to try it myself.

Garden-Gates.jpg 48 KB

I have had a similar request by some fellow pinsiders. I am on the fence on this one.

#63 10 years ago

My original dev game had the plastic removed as I was testing various things. All it takes is one errant ball with her in the up position and you run the risk of bending the threaded rod she sits on. I wouldn't do it. I never got a ball stuck but again that being said i definitely wouldn't do it.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My original dev game had the plastic removed as I was testing various things. All it takes is one errant ball with her in the up position and you run the risk of bending the threaded rod she sits on. I wouldn't do it. I never got a ball stuck but again that being said i definitely wouldn't do it.

Yeah I would think you'd at least need my "fence", but it shouldn't matter if was high enough but open at the top right?

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I have had a similar request by some fellow pinsiders. I am on the fence on this one.

I see what you did there!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

In testing phase

image-330.jpg 172 KB

image-671.jpg 151 KB

I've thought that would be a great area to add light from under to light the target.....very interesting....

#67 10 years ago

My dream mod is to implement some sort of robotic witch assembly that has several, random animations when she comes up....I've already run it by my brother @ Disney imagineering...probably stupid expensive, but imagine if she moved inside that bubbly!!!.....sweet

#68 10 years ago

"Bubble" not "bubbly".....typo

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I would think you'd at least need my "fence", but it shouldn't matter if was high enough but open at the top right?

Might have to ba a cage instead of a fence, but I like the idea!!!

#70 9 years ago

Illuminated Winkie target!!! Finally! Look for it in our shop next week... http://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz
Still offering our $20 sale when you buy the City and tornado together too.

winkie green.PNGwinkie green.PNG
#71 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Illuminated Winkie target!!! Finally! Look for it in our shop next week... http://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz

winkie green.PNG 714 KB

I am SO in for this!!!!! mark

#72 9 years ago

I added plastic protectors to my WOZ.

I've posted these for sale, if anyone is interested:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-plastic-protectors-for-sale

DSC_9371.JPGDSC_9371.JPG
#73 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Will the $20 deal still be on when the target mod comes out? I would like to combine them all together, cheaper shipping that way!

#74 9 years ago

I'm thinking I want to add some gi light to my WOZ. Who has the best light kits available?

#75 9 years ago

The only one I'm aware of is from pinballbulbs.com.

I purchased it..just haven't installed it.

I modified my kit. I didn't like the type of spotlights they used, (cheaper, 2-piece type), I replaced them with the black housing spotlights that Terry @ pinball life sells. These are they same spotlights JJP used on WOZ. Much better product, IMO.

The only other gripe I have w/ the pinballbulbs kit is; they used clear covered spealer wire for the wiring. I wish they would've used dual strand black wire instead. To me, the black wire wouldn't be as noticeable.

Oh yeah, another mod I did was I had the aluminum stand-off posts black anodized. They don't stand out as much now

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm thinking I want to add some gi light to my WOZ. Who has the best light kits available?

I made some harnesses for Cleland (pinside name). He added two spotlights on the slingshots. I haven't got any pictures yet.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Will the $20 deal still be on when the target mod comes out? I would like to combine them all together, cheaper shipping that way!

It should be, but no matter what we can take care of ya.

#78 9 years ago

Here's a repost of my Woznado mod (yes, I made a mod!). Cost me nothing except about 15 minutes of my time, and I think it looks more twister-y than the molded plastic ones. Just a spiral of plain electrical conduit wire (white) with plastic food wrap and a black sharpie for texture highlights.

WOZnado.jpgWOZnado.jpg

I like the illuminated winkie target, as the stock one is hard to see, esp. during gameplay.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yes- target mod will begin shipping in limited quantities next week. Sale on the tornado plus city combo through May 1.

#80 9 years ago

Hey Tmezel,

Please could you do a side by side shot of the red and the green droppers? I can't decide but am leaning towards red....

Cheers, Kris

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey Tmezel,
Please could you do a side by side shot of the red and the green droppers? I can't decide but am leaning towards red....
Cheers, Kris

Also, is the LED replaceable or is it a sm component?

#82 9 years ago

I just added two double spots onto the slings for mine. Tapped them into the munchinland spot. Cheap, easy and effective. You can see the result on:

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Also, is the LED replaceable or is it a sm component?

Typically I hard wire the LED in, but I may make the production versions with a wedge socket.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Typically I hard wire the LED in, but I may make the production versions with a wedge socket.

Is there a color-changing wedge-base LED out there? That would go great with this target IMO. I'm following this thread for updates.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Is there a color-changing wedge-base LED out there? That would go great with this target IMO. I'm following this thread for updates.

Yes, and you read my mind, actually (CT and Comet)......I just ordered a Red however....after thinking it over and looking at it, I want more light in there, but prefer to keep the entrance to the castle a bit " spooky" ...hoping the Red is spot on....mark

#86 9 years ago

Hard to pick a color for LED on the Winkie Target, I thought they all looked great. The green matches the Wizard head thingy spot-on, and since both are constantly illuminated, that's what I went with. Everyone loves it.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Hard to pick a color for LED on the Winkie Target, I thought they all looked great. The green matches the Wizard head thingy spot-on, and since both are constantly illuminated, that's what I went with. Everyone loves it.

"Wizard head thingy"......I thought I was the only one that spoke in those technical terms!!!....

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The production version will be hard wired.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I just added two double spots onto the slings for mine. Tapped them into the munchinland spot. Cheap, easy and effective. You can see the result on:
» YouTube video

This is so the way to go, I bought the kit but it was really not worth it. The spots are nice but you can really only use two of them and you can get them for much less than with the kit.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Here's a repost of my Woznado mod (yes, I made a mod!). Cost me nothing except about 15 minutes of my time, and I think it looks more Twister-y than the molded plastic ones. Just a spiral of plain electrical conduit wire (white) with plastic food wrap and a black sharpie for texture highlights.

I like the illuminated winkie target, as the stock one is hard to see, esp. during gameplay.

WOZnado.jpg 74 KB

That homemade WOZnado rocks. Great job!!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

That homemade WOZnado rocks. Great job!!

I initially did it as a goof, but it actually looks even better in person--more tornado-y than like a plastic decoration. Friends think it's cool when I point it out and thought it was part of the original game. Can't beat the price.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The production version will be hard wired.

Bummer--have a hard time deciding between red or green. I might go with red--more of a 'warning' color, distinguishing it from the green Wizard head thingy.

#93 9 years ago

WOZ rgb tree

#94 9 years ago

Hi guys,
Woz cabinet speaker upgrades are ready. I currently only have twelve for Allentown and three pre sold so far. $100 will have a test sample at the show for those going.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#95 9 years ago

Don't see it on the website. How do I order?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The only other gripe I have w/ the pinballbulbs kit is; they used clear covered spealer wire for the wiring. I wish they would've used dual strand black wire instead. To me, the black wire wouldn't be as noticeable.

Thank you for the review. I was looking into the pinball bulbs kit but don't know if I want to pay that much.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Don't see it on the website. How do I order?

Not on our website yet. Email to [email protected] for purchase

Thanks,
Lorenzo

3 weeks later
#98 9 years ago

These are fairly subtle "mods" if they can be called mods at all. I added a Dorthey magnet, green leds to the coin slots and a pocketwatch for a keychain....I know its not in the shape of a heart, but I like it.

image-388.jpgimage-388.jpg

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

These are fairly subtle "mods" if they can be called mods at all. I added a Dorthey magnet, green leds to the coin slots and a pocketwatch for a keychain....I know its not in the shape of a heart, but I like it.

image-388.jpg 149 KB

Like the Green leds for coin slots.......must do that.........

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like the Green leds for coin slots.......must do that.........

its-so-beautiful.gifits-so-beautiful.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 91.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-mods-place-your-pics-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.