image.jpg
effgen.jpg
hfbutton2.jpg
WOZ_trees_4.jpg
WOZ_trees_3.jpg
WOZ_trees_2.jpg
WOZ_trees_1.jpg
image-286.jpg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

Now that there are a few WOZ machines in circulation we would ALL love to see pictures of the MOD'S you have added to this already awesome piece of work. Let us know if you made the MOD yourself or where you purchased it so others can dress up this magical machine.

#2 10 years ago

Here's mine in a nutshell. Light-up tornado and Emerald City from Mezel mods (waiting on an EC from Backalley to compare), GI mod from pinballbulbs.com, emerald green side mirrors from pinballsidemirrors.com, cliffy protector around the munchkinland PF (still installing the cliffys bit by bit!). Loving all of it...with some reservations. But I'll post a review of all the mods (and the machine) sometime next month when it's all settled in.

EDIT: I knew I forgot one! They've been there so long I take them for granted...padded target decals from High End Pinball Restorers (Ebay).

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Master volume control kit. Adjusts game volume up and down with out opening the coin door. On my site for purchase pinnovators.com

Other item is a plug n play control pad to turn woz into a giant juke box. durring attract more play any music you like, can also be used during game play but cancels out any game audio or call outs. Not for sale yet.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com
image-984.jpgimage-984.jpgimage-142.jpgimage-142.jpgimage-634.jpgimage-634.jpgimage-31.jpgimage-31.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

emerald green side mirrors from pinballsidemirrors.com,

Beelzeboob - MOD's look great!
Hard to tell how the side mirrors look from the pic ... are they dark or do they really help the machine POP!

#5 10 years ago

They're dark when you're playing in the dark - I've got the GI mod which are predominantly purple flashers, and if you've ever tried to mix purple and green paint, you know that you end up with a beautiful shade of poop. Kind of the same with the side mirrors. But when I play with the lights on, you can definitely see the green on them - it looks like they're extending from the green side rails down...almost the same color. If I switched to white lights, I'd probably be able to see them better, but I really like what pinballbulbs.com has done with the GI.

#6 10 years ago

I bet that looks great!!

#7 10 years ago

placeholder for when I detail my "mod"

EDIT: I am very impressed what we've done with the game has still remained under wraps...

#8 10 years ago

Saw this from BAC today ... Oh yeah, gunna have to get one of these!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-926.jpgimage-926.jpg
image-114.jpgimage-114.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Randy - do you think the GI Mod is impacting the board performance?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

Quoted from Goalerj:

Led's and spots run off 2 separate voltages.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

Absolutely not - I've had a solid machine for the past 5 days, which may not sound like much, but for me is a record. I've not found any change in performance since the GI mod was installed, and when the RGBs crap out, the GI mod keeps working.

Quoted from Beez:

Saw this from BAC today ... Oh yeah, gunna have to get one of these!!

Yeah...I have on coming later this week. I'll see if I like it better than the other one. I'll have to use putty to affix it to the back board though...don't want to use the double sided tape provided in case it rips something off if I need to take it off.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I have on coming later this week. I'll see if I like it better than the other one. I'll have to use putty to affix it to the back board though...don't want to use the double sided tape provided in case it rips something off if I need to take it off.

Randy - handy trick is to use either fishing line or dental floss to "cut" through the double sided tape if you ever need to remove it. This ensures nothing is damaged and you can still get the strength of the double sided tape.
Cheers!

#13 10 years ago

More WOZ Mod's I saw in posts ...
I believe these will also be available from BAC (sometime) didn't currently find them anywhere. Very cool.

Castle Playfield w/ MOD:
image-278.jpgimage-278.jpg

Castle Playfield w/o MOD:
image-269.jpgimage-269.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Isn't that the one that will be available for purchase through JJP once the ruby red edition comes out? I'd like to know what that mod is doing on an ECLE model...unless that's Jack's personal machine.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Isn't that the one that will be available for purchase through JJP once the ruby red edition comes out? I'd like to know what that mod is doing on an ECLE model...unless that's Jack's personal machine.

This is the same as JJP but BAC are making them and JJP stated that they will be available to purchase for your standard or ECLE as well, If I remember BAC said these will be available in a few weeks.

#16 10 years ago

The molded castle is really nice. Given the quality of so many other pieces on the ECLE, it seems like it belongs on that game too. I hope Jack will set a modest price so early-adopters can get it.

#17 10 years ago

Why wait another half year for jack if BAC has it this month?

#18 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

This isn't my mod - hell I don't even have my WOZ yet, but I'm looking forward to the trees mod when it's available

#19 10 years ago

I really like the trees. Is there a guide out for this?

#20 10 years ago

Minnesota13 did the mod about 3 months ago but no word since

#21 10 years ago

definitely the tree mod is a must

#22 10 years ago

While they are pretty cool, I'm not a big fan of the tree mod simply because it's not something that was in the movie. Maybe it's just the purist in me! Having said that, knowing me I'll probably get them anyway...

#23 10 years ago

I've got one of the Mezelmod tornados. Looks factory with the lighting effect and was 5 minute install. IMG_0692.JPGIMG_0692.JPG

Also added star post and the star post LEDs under bottom post on slings.
IMG_8279.JPGIMG_8279.JPG

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've got one of the Mezelmod tornados. Looks factory with the lighting effect and was 5 minute install.

Looks like you have side mirrors too, Taylor. Or are my meds wearing off again?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Also added star post and the star post LED's under bottom post on slings.

Looks great!

Think I'll do two on each Sling to brighten up the lower PF.

Did you need to adjust the Sling Shot Switches?

GLM or Pinball Center Star Post LED's?

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Looks great!
Think I'll do two on each Sling to brighten up the lower PF.
Did you need to adjust the Sling Shot Switches?
GLM or Pinball Center Star Post LED's?
Pin - K
http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

I used Cointakers as I had some. I tied mine into the coindoor and dont remember having to adjust the slings too much.

#27 10 years ago

I extended the wires and relocated my "Knocker" to hit the left side of my cabinet-Impressive thwack now !
I also cut and put a small target decal on The Winkie Guards drop down target,was just too dark for my liking-so I fixed it.WOZ Knocker Mod 009.JPGWOZ Knocker Mod 009.JPG WOZ Knocker Mod 012.JPGWOZ Knocker Mod 012.JPGWinkie Target Mod 003.JPGWinkie Target Mod 003.JPG

#28 10 years ago

Some pretty cool Shooter Rods ... Not sure who made them or where to get them but again thought they looked pretty cool. Just trying to share as much fun WOZ stuff as I can.
The Good Witch, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion and Toto

image-501.jpgimage-501.jpg
image-569.jpgimage-569.jpg
image-359.jpgimage-359.jpg

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

This isn't my mod - hell I don't even have my WOZ yet, but I'm looking forward to the trees mod when it's available

Those tree MOD's do look pretty cool Mountaingamer

#30 10 years ago

Need info on the tree mods. Very cool, was working on this for mine but if someone has already done it i would buy one.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Really like the Star post ... Did it help much on the playfield lighting or just look really cool?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Really like the Star post ... Did it help much on the playfield lighting or just look really cool?

I couldn't play the game without them and was done solely to light the area by the flippers for playing purposes.

#33 10 years ago

Saw this in another thread today :::

I will be offering these mods soon. I will need to finish up with the LOTR, POTD mods first, but I wanted to show some pictures and videos of these mods that I came up with for WoZ. I added a lot of the LED lights for the GI throughout the machine.... These areas are the apron, the castle/flying monkey, the munchkin huts and the haunted forest. I added extra flashers to the melting witch and lights to the spinning house.

Here are some pictures and videos of these mods. I will offer them soon, but I wanted to see if there were interest first.. The first video is a Stock Machine, the second one shows the GI lighting.

Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vnZUTPOBVBU?autoplay=1&rel=0
http://www.youtube.com/embed/tU_5fMqftl8?autoplay=1&rel=0

Here are some pictures of the lighted house and a video of it......
http://www.youtube.com/embed/PSzXeh3sEO4?autoplay=1&rel=0

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Some pretty cool Shooter Rods ... Not sure who made them or where to get them but again thought they looked pretty cool. Just trying to share as much fun WOZ stuff as I can.
The Good Witch, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion and Toto

Those are mine. I still have some available.

image-501.jpg 138 KB

image-359.jpg 172 KB

image-569.jpg 133 KB

Quoted from Beez:

Those tree MOD's do look pretty cool Mountaingamer

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Minnesota13 did the mod about 3 months ago but no word since

Minnesota13 is not doing them for sell, He just did them on his machine. He's is supposed to do them on mine but has not. I will assume it due to all the snow around our neck of the woods or it better be yes Minnesota13 I hope your reading this. NO TOM PLAY FOR YOU UNTIL MY TREES ARE LITE UP...LOL

#36 10 years ago

I will be offering these lighting effects soon.

Here is the link to the Pinside thread that I started ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gi-and-added-flasher-kits-coming-soon

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

IMG_20131220_130554_423.jpgIMG_20131220_130554_423.jpgIMG_20131218_213941_413.jpgIMG_20131218_213941_413.jpgIMG_20131218_203701_775.jpgIMG_20131218_203701_775.jpg

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I will be offering these lighting effects soon.
Here is the link to the Pinside thread that I started ...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gi-and-added-flasher-kits-coming-soon
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Steve,

Do you have to pull off the mini PF? I have looked and looked on how to take that thing off. I want to get to the rubber under it.

#38 10 years ago

No... With all of my mods you done have to remove anything from the playfield.... Which makes them easy to install. Sorry I can guide you, but I have heard from someone else it is not very fun to remove.

#39 10 years ago

Hemi- Can you pick and choose or is it going to be a complete kit?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Steve,
Do you have to pull off the mini PF? I have looked and looked on how to take that thing off. I want to get to the rubber under it.

Replacing that rubber isn't too tough. There are three screws UNDER the house. A Phillips in the front, and two 1/4" hex head screws. Just turn the house so the porch is over each screw, and they come out pretty easy. A magnetic nut driver is a huge help. Once those three are loose, or taken out, you can lift the miniplayfield up about 2 inches. Enough room to swap out that rubber.

I've removed mine at least a dozen times, and taken the whole playfield off once. Taking it all off is a bit harder, but not too bad. Instructions are in the latest manual.

#41 10 years ago

Is the Tornado MOD with LED's worth the extra $45?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Is the Tornado MOD with LED's worth the extra $45?

Oh, God, yes! When the light show starts, it becomes the focus of attention along with the spinning house as the waves of light come off of the munchkinland PF. Very cool!

#43 10 years ago

How easy is it to install - Tornado w/ LED's?

#44 10 years ago

Very easy...about 15 minutes. Loosen the munchkinland PF, run the wire down, affix the tornado with push rivets, plug in the tornado under the PF. Done.

#45 10 years ago

We've received some excellent reviews for the WOZ tornado- here is an example:
Jonathan S.: "Very nicely crafted, looks like it came with WOZ pinball machine, excellent item."
5 stars

and

Mike M.: "Very satisfied with the purchase of this mod. Excellent quality and easy installation. Really adds to the appearance of the game. Would recommend this mod to others."
5 stars

1 month later
#46 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Very easy...about 15 minutes. Loosen the munchkinland PF, run the wire down, affix the tornado with push rivets, plug in the tornado under the PF. Done.

Thanks!

#47 10 years ago

Any word on the castle walls being done by Matt? Anything being done by Mezelmods on these? I know there was a lot of interest in these.

#48 10 years ago

I got the Cliffy protector set, but when I went to put on the Munchkinland protector, I thought the stainless steel just didn't suit the game, especially since it's in such a prominent place in the game.

So I decided to try to find a paint to match the ECLE armor color, and found a green speckle automotive that was very close. Put Mylar over a section near the Glinda target which is where 99% of the contact takes place, so far it is holding up very well.

Very pleased with the way it turned out, hard to get a good picture, but I guess the best comment I got from someone who saw it was it looked stock!!Protector 2.jpegProtector 2.jpegProtector 3.jpegProtector 3.jpegProtector 4.jpegProtector 4.jpeg// Error: Image 192621 not found //

#49 10 years ago

Nice work on the mod mod.

#50 10 years ago

To me a great mod would be to remove the plastic dome around the witch. It looks like she is a toy still in the packaging. Depending on the angle, observers can't even see her.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-mods-place-your-pics-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.