image-68.jpg
image-562.jpg
image-324.jpg
image-158.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
wozfoam.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Nice addition for your WOZ, attaches with 2 plastic push rivets using the 2 existing holes in the existing plastic.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/165303515/woz-wizard-of-oz-pinball-tornado-mod

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

I can do black, I will update my site.

#6 10 years ago

In the process of doing exactly that, I was just to excited to get the first photos out there.

#9 10 years ago

Torture is right. Yes it is 3d printed. If folks keep looking at the thread updates I will continue to add all that detail.

#11 10 years ago

Yup. Will have made by tomorrow. Anyone that wants to change can so it easily.

#19 10 years ago

I am printing a translucent one as I type. I have LEDs that I will see if it can simulate lightening. I also have a professional airbrusher to knock this mod dead. It just won't spin and have cars, houses and cows flying out of it.

#26 10 years ago

By the way you can request a smaller size if you want to see the city. Let me know how tall. The current model is 90mm tall. Also thinking of making a translucent green Emerald City for the back too.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I like the idea of a translucent Emerald City! That corner is bare and the Emerald City should be more prominent. Great news.

Give me some ideas for an alternate size. I cant promise I can get to the city for a bit but that is a good idea. I will offer all choices.

#32 10 years ago

Printing models as we speak for the airbrush guy. This will be available next week for shipping. Anyone that has order the non LED model can let me know and I can refund their payment and they can get the flashing one. Now I want a WOZ!

Anyone with a machine, give me some direction. Thanks to 'callmesteam', my neighbor, for his help.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Just ah idea of attaching some things maybe a mini rocking chair, witch on a broom and you can find these at most hobby stores train stuff.
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mdp/mdp1351.htm
Very cool mod by the way if I had a WOZ I'd get one for sure but I'd rather paint it myself.

I also have a N scale train layout. I could possibly add these as mods for the mods. They can be a bit pricey but I can only see what it's adds for the extra price. Option #23 cows or no cows...

#36 10 years ago

Anybody have any leads on micro alligator clips. I am thinking these would be the best to connect to something existing under the playfield.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

12V is available from the 3 spotlights, from a connector in the coin door (probably too far away), or you could simply hook up to the PC power supply.

What about a flasher location?

#46 10 years ago

First model sent for airbrush painting. Inquiries sent out for a flasher circuit to tie into the house motor.

#54 10 years ago

Update:

1.Prototype bracket made. Successfully attached with two ribbed plastic fasteners in the existing holes in plastic. All will be painted same color as tornado.

2.Positioned tornado to balance looking great behind the house and not to block the line of sight of the Emerald City

3.Flasher circuit on its way for testing to simulate lightening when the house turns.

4.Need to order molex connection this week for a clean plug and play electrical connection.

#56 10 years ago

Top down proto. Latest bracket is smaller.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

can you make the bracket clear? That would look much nicer.

The final model will have it painted to match the tornado. I could make a clear bracket but it would increase the cost. You can't see it only from top down. If you really really want it I can get it cut, but would set you back another 5 bucks. I would have it custom made from my CnC guy. Why don't you try the original and then you could send it back for a clear one. I aim to please.

#67 10 years ago

Update 2:
1.Prototype bracket made. Successfully attached with two ribbed plastic fasteners in the existing holes in plastic. All will be painted same color as tornado. DONE
2.Positioned tornado to balance looking great behind the house and not to block the line of sight of the Emerald City. DONE
3.Flasher circuit on its way for testing to simulate lightening when the house turns. *Flasher did not work, supplier sending another and I have another vendor sending a different style.
4.Need to order molex connection this week for a clean plug and play electrical connection. *Prototype connector built and successfully tested. The upper playfield can easily be removed with 3 bolts. It's simple.
5.Previewed first prototyped air brushed models, looks cool. 2 versions, one is gray and the other has a more angry blackness to it. Photos will be posted on final model early next week.

#82 10 years ago

Look what I picked up at McDonalds, yes I got the whole display. It did not come with a tornado either...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#85 10 years ago

This is the guy that will keep you up all night....

image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg

#92 10 years ago

New flasher unit coming next week. I am excited as everyone else.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wonder if GLM will make a low profile mini switch for that one in front of the emerald city?

Yeah, no doubt. I try my best to hide wires and not block other stuff. Then you have all these exposed switches all over the place.

#97 10 years ago

Yikes. It's actually doable but I gotta move on.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Couple of questions.
Do you have a pic of one painted?
Also curious about the plastic rivets that it comes with. Are these easily removable or is it a once and done fastener?
Is the mounting bracket the production one?

I will post one that is painted here soon. The rivets can be easily removed, they are plastic. The tornado has a plastic attached to it to mount on the existing plastic.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wow. $100? The pinball dress-up business is good!

Yes, depending on the complexity is what drives the price. Good question.

1. 3d artist required to design tornado
2. Molex connectors, wire and rivets
3. Includes a commercial flasher, had to purchase 3 types to find one that works. Still testing this.
4. Painting
5. Research and development, made at least 20 models, tested 4 different types of LEDs.
6. Equipment and supplies to manufacture
7. 2 people, many man hours, okay we played in between fittings
8. Questionable volume on sales, about 25% of interested customers actually put their money on the table (I know price can drive this, but you can't give them away)

#107 10 years ago

StevenP, too bad your collection is set to private, was going to send you another mod for free for such a good question.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Can I get any discount for suggesting translucent with a flasher early in this thread??

You never know, I am your 'friendly new mod guy'. You might even get a freebie, gotta look at your collection.

#136 10 years ago

Believe me, every day checking the mailbox for the new flasher circuit. Now I just need a WOZ. I just got Metallica tonight.

Wife says, "I really did not think you were serious about getting this one, and why is it in the front room."

#145 10 years ago

Update 2:

1.Prototype bracket made. Successfully attached with two ribbed plastic fasteners in the existing holes in plastic. All will be painted same color as tornado. DONE

2.Positioned tornado to balance looking great behind the house and not to block the line of sight of the Emerald City. DONE

3.Flasher circuit on its way for testing to simulate lightening when the house turns. **Discovered issue with power source, JJP issue, high confidence solution arriving Tuesday!

4.Need to order molex connection this week for a clean plug and play electrical connection. IN PROGRESS

5.Painted prototypes. **Picked up today, pictures coming!

6.Surprise add-on to be announced during final video!!!!

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can't wait to see this all lit up and working!

I am glad your buddy got funding for his movie as I was a backer. My stupid question was to be in his next film.

#149 10 years ago

Yes I saw that, no worries. Based on my update we will be rolling here soon! Good healthy competition is good. I will still send Jack one.

#151 10 years ago

Thanks again, I really trying to take feedback on these and when I announce one and incorporate there inputs when I can. Sometimes it gets to be a mod on a mod on a mod.

#152 10 years ago

Here are some pictures, from left to right, which one, ones or none. Consider them 1, 2 or 3. image-562.jpgimage-562.jpg

#158 10 years ago

I put the cow on there as kinda a joke, another pinsider recommended it. I couldn't find his name to blame him. If nobody wants one, I will use them on my N scale train layout sometime in the next decade. I got a couple of herds of them.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I suggested the cow you can blame me id prefer the painted ones I have a few of the dirty browns like that. I think it would look better with more debri on it. You should just sell basic one painted and if people
Want_to_add_stuff_to_it_they_can_do_it_at_home.sorry_about_the_dashes_my_space_bar_is_messed_up_all_of_a_sudden.

Completely agree, since I am a train guy, I can provide links to all kinds of debris!

#164 10 years ago

Now we are having some fun...for you jjsrt8.
image-68.jpgimage-68.jpg

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Haha funny , if u had a gi light inside and built debris inside nado resin( if thats what it is) It would look really cool.
I would probably go the first one unless done As mentioned.
Thanks

I aim to please, I will be offering the lighter and darker twistnado. I originally called it the tornado, not realizing it referenced as a twister. So now it's the official unlicensed TWISTNADO.

#172 10 years ago

Shipping update.

LEDs should arrive Wednesday, if this test works. Best case next week depending on when you have ordered. I have a good weeks worth to make already.

#176 10 years ago

I will put a link together of all the cool debris so you can customize your own. These little models can get a bit pricey but hey, who wouldn't want a shark in their twistnado.

#178 10 years ago

Here is the best link I have found for misc figures. No shark though.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/n_scale_model_railroad_figures

#182 10 years ago

If I can make a shark, I will send it to you. May be really tough.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

I have not ordered yet, but do you have extra if I place it now or are they all spoken for?

Available, go here.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=si_shop

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Suddenly, at 6:32am an image enters Billy's head and the shark is history

It's the limited edition Aussie version. Red LEDs for the eyes and you are ready to go.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

So anything happen with the flashers? Does it work?

The new flasher design works like a charm. They flash when the house spins. This is a breakthrough for us. Now we just want to make everything right and get these shipped. I may sneak a test video in tonight after I celebrate. Sunday we will shoot for a shot in the machine working during gameplay.

#194 10 years ago

Not exactly random, but not constantly. I am an engineer and I don't even know what I just said.

#198 10 years ago

Test fixture video. Gameplay video soon I promise. We successfully attached this to the motor for the house it works great.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Charlie fakesmoke

Next time I gonna kick it on WOZ, it's a tough game. Maybe it just needed the twistnado.

#217 10 years ago

New video, all parts in hand. All twistnados being made now. Shipping this week and next. Install instructions with be included, just loosened the upper playfield, pull wires through, plug and play with molex connectors.

#224 10 years ago

Price has been reduced from 100 to 80 dollars to reflect the elimination of the need for the flasher circuit board!

All pre-orders have been credited and your refund should be transferring soon. Let me know if I missed anyone.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you saying that the flasher is still there but you were able to reduce costs to lower the customer price by redesigning it?
If so, great job!

Yes, it still has the two flashers that flash at different rates. Just passing along the savings.

#238 10 years ago

Working on picking painted models up today!

#239 10 years ago

First 5 going out in the morning. Folks should receive Friday or Saturday. 7 more going out Friday. Install instructions will be emailed directly for now. I will need feedback to make sure everyone is happy.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Hopefully I was one of the first 5

You would know because a confirmation shipping email goes out to you.

#245 10 years ago

Update: I painted the first batch with too much base paint and the LEDs are not illuminating the tornado. The new batch will be painted this coming Wednesday. I have communicated to the recipients of the too dark models and they will get replacements first. This should not affect the 90% of the orders, but I did want to let everyone know we aim to please.

#247 10 years ago

These are shipping again. Got another painted batch back and they look good. Everyone should start seeing an email when I print the shipping label and get it shipped.

Saturday or Sunday I will announce the new WOZ mod. I think it looks pretty cool.

#256 10 years ago

Worst case second week in December. Wait for the Black Friday sale if you are interested!

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

good question i ordered 2 on 10/21 just wondering.

Yours will ship next week. Email should of notified 12/2.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

I ordered mine on 11/12. When should I expect to receive it?

PM me your name, usually I can figure out from your info, but it is vague.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

I ordered on Nov. 6, the lighted tornado and 2 Metallica speakers. I have not heard anything since. I sent a PM yesterday without receiving an answer.

The twistnado and speakers will go next week. Sorry for the late response. Original ship date was 12/18.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

A free bump for tmezel so I can ask: Hey! What the hell happened to the twistnado on Etsy? The light-up one is gone. And just when I was going to get one. I missed your Black Friday deal - I hope you were just kidding about that because I completely forgot. What happened?

All twistnados have been sold. Determining if there will be another batch.

#281 10 years ago

I added another batch to the shop. Probably won't be ready til the end of December.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=si_shop

1 month later
#294 10 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Odd question, but any chance for a mod of this for Whirlwind?

If you can send me pics where it would go on the play field, what height and how to attach, then maybe. It can hook up to any 12v source. I will PM you.

#301 10 years ago

Mrs_mezelmods, Don our neighbor has this machine. I should get over there soon.

2 weeks later
#322 10 years ago

It's really sad that I have only seen the house spin a couple of times when playing my friends' machine. It's the hardest mod I make to get enjoyment from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-mod-tornado-for-behind-dorothys-house?tu=tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.