image-68.jpg
image-562.jpg
image-324.jpg
image-158.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
wozfoam.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

A suggestion, I think you'd probably sell a lot more, or at least have more confident buyers if you took more photos. I had hoped your Etsy page would have more, but it's just that one shot. Shoot it uninstalled, show how it mounts, give people a full sense of the thing. Nice idea!

Is it cast or 3D printed or what?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

In the process of doing exactly that, I was just to excited to get the first photos out there.

Heh, I should have known. When I did my Shadow translite it was really hard to not post images as I worked, I really had to force myself to not reveal anything until I was really together, it was torture.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Yes it is 3d printed.

So translucent is an option then. It's not a bad thought!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Quick print with a thin layer of gray and LEDs. It can be done, need to figure what 12v source to tie into a flasher.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=9J2d3V4K7a0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9J2d3V4K7a0%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

Now we're cooking, that's looking bad ass. So it occurs to me, you said you had an airbrush guy. If you wanted to do it yourself, or have him work batches faster, you could 3D print a base for the tornado model to fit in with a rod on the bottom that you could put into a drill or dremel. Then you could spin it, and with quick bursts of the airbrush get really even shading lines. Paint a couple different coats of translucent, thinned grey, then one last layer of highlights and it would be easy to get a really even, professional job. Without crazy airbrush skills.

Just a thought, lighting looks great, that's gonna sell if you can get that sorted.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Looks great. Would be cool if it could be wired to flash when the house is spinning.

Sounds like you'd need a little flasher circuit that would be triggered by the house motor. That video was too sweet for someone to not make that happen, I can see WOZ owners snapping that up. Good luck Tmezel.

2 weeks later
#155 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Frustrating that Back Alley just announced his own Tornado mod? I haven't seen a price yet or whether his lights up (although it is apparently JJP approved)?

Definitely doesn't light up, I saw it in person, it's totally opaque. Nothing wrong with that, people can pick which look they prefer.

#156 10 years ago

Definitely like 1 & 2 better paint wise. I like the cow! But it's slightly off for me solo, I think I'd want to see at least a couple other little pieces of debris or something to make it feel right. Nothing crazy, just enough to complete the sense that things are being sucked up, the cow by itself stands out too much. My 2 cents.

1 week later
#210 10 years ago

Nice, love seeing this come together to reach the potential it had. I think this is nicer than the "official" one Matt is making personally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-mod-tornado-for-behind-dorothys-house?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.