Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrs_mezelmods
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0692.JPG
image-215.jpg
image.jpg
4a7af60a8479cdd1790b44d8fe6ca9c1899011d9.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
image-227.jpg
new woz figure.jpg
image-68.jpg
image-562.jpg
image-324.jpg
image-158.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
wozfoam.jpg
image.jpg

There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 5 years ago

Nice addition for your WOZ, attaches with 2 plastic push rivets using the 2 existing holes in the existing plastic.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/165303515/woz-wizard-of-oz-pinball-tornado-mod

image.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Thats cool. I like it!

#3 5 years ago

Nice Job! Are you going to make it in black as well?

#4 5 years ago

I can do black, I will update my site.

#5 5 years ago

A suggestion, I think you'd probably sell a lot more, or at least have more confident buyers if you took more photos. I had hoped your Etsy page would have more, but it's just that one shot. Shoot it uninstalled, show how it mounts, give people a full sense of the thing. Nice idea!

Is it cast or 3D printed or what?

#6 5 years ago

In the process of doing exactly that, I was just to excited to get the first photos out there.

#7 5 years ago

Great idea! Looks very cool. I'm guessing it's not translucent but if it were and had a bright flasher bulb flickering here and there (like lightning) that would even enhance it more. But very cool.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

In the process of doing exactly that, I was just to excited to get the first photos out there.

Heh, I should have known. When I did my Shadow translite it was really hard to not post images as I worked, I really had to force myself to not reveal anything until I was really together, it was torture.

#9 5 years ago

Torture is right. Yes it is 3d printed. If folks keep looking at the thread updates I will continue to add all that detail.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Yes it is 3d printed.

So translucent is an option then. It's not a bad thought!

#11 5 years ago

Yup. Will have made by tomorrow. Anyone that wants to change can so it easily.

#12 5 years ago

Does it completely block the emerald city?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Excellent question Taylor; I'd want to know the answer to this. The Emerald City is already under-represented.

#14 5 years ago

Translucent, with stuff partially hanging out of the periphery, such as front of bicycle, rear of cow. Internally lit when the house is spun.

You can do it! -

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

No, it mostly just blocks that switch on the ramp. That whole area feels empty, like the wall behind Homer's head on TSPP. The EC just looks washed out in that photo.

#16 5 years ago

Great mod, will def buy once I can see what the others look like, def would like more pics also

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

No, it mostly just blocks that switch on the ramp. That whole area feels empty, like the wall behind Homer's head on TSPP. The EC just looks washed out in that photo.

Totally agree. If the code still supports it would be nice to get a hold of the proto tornado plastic.

#18 5 years ago

Hmm, add a bit more shading to the design, and I think I'd take one of these too. And send you some professional photos of it installed.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Totally agree. If the code still supports it would be nice to get a hold of the proto tornado plastic.

I doubt it does. Those LEDs were a part of the light control board, so I suspect they were the first IDs in series and would've been removed from programming when the board was nixed.

#19 5 years ago

I am printing a translucent one as I type. I have LEDs that I will see if it can simulate lightening. I also have a professional airbrusher to knock this mod dead. It just won't spin and have cars, houses and cows flying out of it.

#20 5 years ago

Sounds very promising!

#21 5 years ago

You guys remember the very first WOZ concept shot?

wozfoam.jpg

#22 5 years ago

Wow, I forgot about that one. I think the new mod looks better behind the house.

#23 5 years ago

I would buy one.

#24 5 years ago

I want to see the final paint job and if it blocks the Emerald City much first, but I am very interested.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

You guys remember the very first WOZ concept shot?

I can't remember back that far. Thanks for the visual.

#26 5 years ago

By the way you can request a smaller size if you want to see the city. Let me know how tall. The current model is 90mm tall. Also thinking of making a translucent green Emerald City for the back too.

#27 5 years ago

I like the idea of a translucent Emerald City! That corner is bare and the Emerald City should be more prominent. Great news.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Also thinking of making a translucent green Emerald City for the back too.

Oh god I've been calling for someone to do that for AGES! That decal is so disappointing, especially since it's the ONLY representation of the Emerald City on the Emerald City Limited Edition!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I like the idea of a translucent Emerald City! That corner is bare and the Emerald City should be more prominent. Great news.

Give me some ideas for an alternate size. I cant promise I can get to the city for a bit but that is a good idea. I will offer all choices.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Quick print with a thin layer of gray and LEDs. It can be done, need to figure what 12v source to tie into a flasher.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=9J2d3V4K7a0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9J2d3V4K7a0%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

Now we're cooking, that's looking bad ass. So it occurs to me, you said you had an airbrush guy. If you wanted to do it yourself, or have him work batches faster, you could 3D print a base for the tornado model to fit in with a rod on the bottom that you could put into a drill or dremel. Then you could spin it, and with quick bursts of the airbrush get really even shading lines. Paint a couple different coats of translucent, thinned grey, then one last layer of highlights and it would be easy to get a really even, professional job. Without crazy airbrush skills.

Just a thought, lighting looks great, that's gonna sell if you can get that sorted.

#32 5 years ago

Printing models as we speak for the airbrush guy. This will be available next week for shipping. Anyone that has order the non LED model can let me know and I can refund their payment and they can get the flashing one. Now I want a WOZ!

Anyone with a machine, give me some direction. Thanks to 'callmesteam', my neighbor, for his help.

#33 5 years ago

Just ah idea of attaching some things maybe a mini rocking chair, witch on a broom and you can find these at most hobby stores train stuff.
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mdp/mdp1351.htm

Very cool mod by the way if I had a WOZ I'd get one for sure but I'd rather paint it myself.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Quick print with a thin layer of gray and LEDs. It can be done, need to figure what 12v source to tie into a flasher.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=9J2d3V4K7a0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9J2d3V4K7a0%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

That's looking really sweet! Now, this is where I wish JJP had a system to add OFFICIAL LIGHTING UPGRADES to their system. As far as I can tell there is NOTHING - repeat, NOTHING - preventing someone from simply adding in another lighting board into the serial chain, as long as programming was modified to support it. Wouldn't it be cool to have official JJP upgrades that you just "plug in" to the right connector? Then go into the service menu and tick off the upgrades you have installed, and magically everything works?

I wish Keith would chime in on this, because I'd love to see proper mapped lighting for Trumper Bumper tree eyes, this cool tornado, and even a twinkling Emerald City on the backboard.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Just ah idea of attaching some things maybe a mini rocking chair, witch on a broom and you can find these at most hobby stores train stuff.
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mdp/mdp1351.htm
Very cool mod by the way if I had a WOZ I'd get one for sure but I'd rather paint it myself.

I also have a N scale train layout. I could possibly add these as mods for the mods. They can be a bit pricey but I can only see what it's adds for the extra price. Option #23 cows or no cows...

#36 5 years ago

Anybody have any leads on micro alligator clips. I am thinking these would be the best to connect to something existing under the playfield.

#37 5 years ago

12V is available from the 3 spotlights, from a connector in the coin door (probably too far away), or you could simply hook up to the PC power supply.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

12V is available from the 3 spotlights, from a connector in the coin door (probably too far away), or you could simply hook up to the PC power supply.

What about a flasher location?

#39 5 years ago

There are no flashers. All lighting (and I mean everything except for those spotlights I mention plus a few LED strips and a couple single color LEDs) are controlled RGB LEDs (that get very bright to simulate flashers) on a special serial chain (no traditional light matrix).

#40 5 years ago

I am in!!! Amazing Job!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What about a flasher location?

How about the house motor or off the UR flipper coil? I know you can hook up a star post flasher to a coil.

#42 5 years ago

Looks great. Would be cool if it could be wired to flash when the house is spinning.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Looks great. Would be cool if it could be wired to flash when the house is spinning.

Sounds like you'd need a little flasher circuit that would be triggered by the house motor. That video was too sweet for someone to not make that happen, I can see WOZ owners snapping that up. Good luck Tmezel.

#44 5 years ago

I like this mod, I think it looks great with the flasher!

I am going to wait to order until my WOZ actually shows up. I know its coming and will be here soon but I just can't see having all these mods without a machine.

#45 5 years ago

I don't have my game yet. Can someone who has theirs already post the size that the Emerald City should be?

#46 5 years ago

First model sent for airbrush painting. Inquiries sent out for a flasher circuit to tie into the house motor.

#47 5 years ago

Smokin,!!!...let us know how the electrics work out...I'm in.....mark

#48 5 years ago

I'll be interested to see how this goes, too.

#49 5 years ago

Once this is complete with install guide I am in. Put me down on that list NOW please.

#50 5 years ago

PLease add me to the list also

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
11,990 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hauppauge, NY
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside