Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 8 years ago

Hi guys,

Before I knew about the Cliffy to protect from this damage, I have begun to lose some pf art. My intent is to hand paint the black outline and add some yellow to the munchkin land pf.

How do I prep this chipped area?
Can I sand away the loose clear?
Do I apply new clear around it carefully without further disturbing it?

Anyone tried this repair yet?
I appreciate any and all feedback.
Thanks in advance.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Just curious what year machine this is and if this was a typical problem for the early builds vs newer builds? Also, would the cliffy cover this up to help your problem at this point?

#3 8 years ago

My game is a 2014 build I believe. The cliffy won't cover, but will protect future additional damage. I think any pf is susceptible to this "air ball" damage.

#4 8 years ago

We ordered cliffys the day we ordered the WOZ (2015 build) and we still started to see a hint of chips and some cracks in the clear just fromm the airballs in the short time between when we got the machine and when we got the cliffys. it's just such a sensitive area and the balls just hit it so easily.

Good luck getting this fixed, thankfully it doesn't look like it'll be too hard to hide that damage.

#5 8 years ago

Ask JJP if they will make you a decal with the artwork to cover the damaged area; they've done this for other areas where pain chipped or lifted off the playfield.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Ask JJP if they will make you a decal with the artwork to cover the damaged area; they've done this for other areas where pain chipped or lifted off the playfield.

Who would I contact at JJP to do this?

#7 8 years ago

Start with Lloyd the Great (LTG) here on Pinside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-mini-pf-touch-up-tips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.