Glory-Hole.jpg
image-834.jpg
IMG_4711.JPG
923998_250778705122755_1163051344_s.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 10.46.19 PM.png
IMG_2187.JPG
image-718.jpg
image-238.jpg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Just got this installed.....looks amazing!!! Adds a nice glow to an otherwise dark area....I'm really happy w it....check pics:image-238.jpgimage-238.jpgimage-718.jpgimage-718.jpg

Material seems as strong as original, so should be good.....highly recommend!!!...thanks again TMezel Mods...mark

#2 9 years ago

I like this one, and may order. Red looks good too-l-leaning toward that color.

#3 9 years ago

Can you post a link where you purchased? If my game ever shows up I would like to add this.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Can you post a link where you purchased? If my game ever shows up I would like to add this.

http://mezelmods.com/

Great people......

#5 9 years ago

Mezel Mods are the best!

#6 9 years ago

Sold out

Chris Kruger

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Sold out

Chris Kruger

We are getting some out in the wild and getting some feedback. Give us a week or two.

#8 9 years ago

I think we need a pre-order list if this mod is durable and works good, maybe on the website.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think we need a pre-order list if this mod is durable and works good, maybe on the website.

When it is ready, I will make an official pinside post.

#10 9 years ago

That would be great! I think I would like to add one to my game if it works good.

#11 9 years ago

Red or green...hmm? This is a must have mod. Looking forward to when available.

#12 9 years ago

I am going with green when it is available.

#13 9 years ago

Update....bump....2 evenings with WOZ...only intent was to smash the Winkie as many times as possible....must report...rock solid....I REALLY like the red, but bet the green would look good, as well. IMO , a must have....even with target down, it eerily lights the lane...too cool!!

#14 9 years ago

Come on Mezel man, need to get these ready!

Gotta adjust my Winkie target switch, some hits not registering….

Red all the way, stop sign!

#15 9 years ago

The pics look great MK6PIN, and the mod itself is top quality; another knockout product by Mezel. I can't wait to see it on my WOZ.

#16 9 years ago

I have this mod and have had it installed for over a month. The target has seen league play as well as tournament play and has held up great. I used my extra winkie target and it illuminates it perfectly.

IMG_2187.JPGIMG_2187.JPG

I have mine lit with a purple LED which I really like as the colors of lamps fade to purple towards the back which makes it very subtle and looks factory.

#17 9 years ago

Will they offer in purple led? Im ready when you are Mezel man! The one are that just needs to be lit and here it is!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have this mod and have had it installed for over a month. The target has seen league play as well as tournament play and has held up great. I used my extra winkie target and it illuminates it perfectly.

I have mine lit with a purple LED which I really like as the colors of lamps fade to purple towards the back which makes it very subtle and looks factory.

IMG_2187.JPG 110 KB

like the purple and stock Winkie decal...good idea.....I'm digging the red w/ "spear" looking thing for the decal....red makes it look very spooky to me...even when down (creates a feeling of depth to the area)....a must have, for sure

#19 9 years ago

I will convince Kristin we should carry purple as well.

#20 9 years ago

WOW, don't I feel like the fool.......

didn't even know about this one.... But Tmezel mods has done me well in the past. And MK6PIN is a good source of information.... thus, .........me feeling like a fool.

I want one!...... I suppose I will just have to wait in line now. Damn!

#21 9 years ago

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 10.46.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-16 at 10.46.19 PM.png
I have a green prototype. I tried several different colors, and honestly, they all look great. The green matches the Wizard toy, and both are always illuminated, that's why I left the green in.

#22 9 years ago

Happy to add purple to the options this week. As soon as I get feedback from others who have it installed we will put back on the site!

#23 9 years ago

This mod is fantastic. The area around the Winkie guard was always a little dark and it is such an important target. I ordered and installed a green version of this mod, and we absolutely love it. As when the audio callouts were added to give you direction on what to hit, this mod makes it obvious what is standing in your path to the castle. The glow illuminates the whole back area nicely, and really draws your attention. The kids think the target actually pops up faster now.

The quality is top notch and it wasn't difficult to install. Just have something to deal with the E-clip removal for the existing drop target. The instructions from Mezel were clear and easy to follow. I personally prefer the green version due to its coordination with the Wizard target.

To me this is a "must have" mod as it makes such a noticeable improvement to a dark area and the price is spot on.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This mod is fantastic. The area around the Winkie guard was always a little dark and it is such an important target. I ordered and installed a green version of this mod, and we absolutely love it. As when the audio callouts were added to give you direction on what to hit, this mod makes it obvious what is standing in your path to the castle. The glow illuminates the whole back area nicely, and really draws your attention. The kids think the target actually pops up faster now.
The quality is top notch and it wasn't difficult to install. Just have something to deal with the E-clip removal for the existing drop target. The instructions from Mezel were clear and easy to follow. I personally prefer the green version due to its coordination with the Wizard target.
To me this is a "must have" mod as it makes such a noticeable improvement to a dark area and the price is spot on.

Very nice, thanks. A couple of folks have reported some sticking, but after more plays if does start to operate properly.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Very nice, thanks. A couple of folks have reported some sticking, but after more plays if does start to operate properly.

I know that the electronic switch attached to the drop target is a problem area on WOZ. I have had to fiddle with it extensively when I received my WOZ to get it dialed in, and have used locktite and lock washers to keep the switch in place. I did have to adjust the angle of the switch with the new drop target, but it has worked flawlessly ever since.

The "bang for your buck" of this mod is off the charts. StevenP would be proud to own this one.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You do provide clear instructions for installing this mod, correct?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I'll send instructions to you if you like and you can give us feedback on the clarity. Let me know...

#28 9 years ago

Looks cool...so there are red, green and purple options?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Instructions were straight-forward; installation was easy as far as mods or repairs go.

#30 9 years ago

Installed my green one on Sat night. Very pleased with the results, unfortunatly not as happy with the tornado mod. When installing, the wires for the leds came disconnected, so mine will only have 1 led instead of 2. I tried to re-solder, but no luck.

Winkie mod seems top notch, install instructions were clear and easy and the overall look is very nice.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I know that the electronic switch attached to the drop target is a problem area on WOZ. I have had to fiddle with it extensively when I received my WOZ to get it dialed in, and have used locktite and lock washers to keep the switch in place. I did have to adjust the angle of the switch with the new drop target, but it has worked flawlessly ever since.
The "bang for your buck" of this mod is off the charts. StevenP would be proud to own this one.

This is one I will probably order (when available). I think I noted that earlier. That is a dark spot on the pf, and the lit target will make it easier to see when it's up or down. (I know the guards are on the display, but I rarely look up there while playing. And I do listen for the "Shoot the castle!" callout too, but a lit target helps.)

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Installed my green one on Sat night. Very pleased with the results, unfortunatly not as happy with the tornado mod. When installing, the wires for the leds came disconnected, so mine will only have 1 led instead of 2. I tried to re-solder, but no luck.
Winkie mod seems top notch, install instructions were clear and easy and the overall look is very nice.

Spencer send us an email at [email protected] and we will get a replacement right out to you.

#33 9 years ago

I saw that coming. The Mezels have some of the best customer service in the biz.

#34 9 years ago

Want...this...mod...

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I saw that coming. The Mezels have some of the best customer service in the biz.

Yep....good people who care about their product!!

#36 9 years ago

So when will this be available again? It could be added to the elite category of StevenP Approved™ mods! (OK, that would be more of a certification mark than a trademark, but whatever...)

#37 9 years ago

hurry! im shooting the castle in the dark!!! cant decide green to match or red just cause it would look cool !

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

hurry! im shooting the castle in the dark!!! cant decide green to match or red just cause it would look cool !

Realize that the light on the drop target stays on all the time, even when down or when in a Lights out mode. Since the Wizard light also stays on and it is green, I went with green to match. Just my opinion.

#39 9 years ago

im thinking your right here on this one although the red looks cool

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

So when will this be available again? It could be added to the elite category of StevenP Approved™ mods! (OK, that would be more of a certification mark than a trademark, but whatever...)

I would be honored.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Realize that the light on the drop target stays on all the time, even when down or when in a Lights out mode. Since the Wizard light also stays on and it is green, I went with green to match. Just my opinion.

Agree w that logic...I just wanted a "spookier" entrance and the red did it for me.....nice to know there isn't a "wrong" choice...except not getting one and leaving that tunnel dark

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Go purple just because.

#43 9 years ago

im digging it , looks nice for all the obvious reasons. Are these available now? The different colors ?, I assume its just a colored led lighting up a clear translucent target? Or is it a colored translucent target with a clear bulb? Just wondering as I am sure all the available colors looks good. I am unsure between red or green , wondering if you can interchange the colors. If its a colored bulb, could you use a color changing led bulb ? Sorry for all the questions

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

im digging it , looks nice for all the obvious reasons. Are these available now? The different colors ?, I assume its just a colored led lighting up a clear translucent target? Or is it a colored translucent target with a clear bulb? Just wondering as I am sure all the available colors looks good. I am unsure between red or green , wondering if you can interchange the colors. If its a colored bulb, could you use a color changing led bulb ? Sorry for all the questions

Whew...I defer to Tim on these ...in truth, though, with a game that has true RGB LED interactive inserts, I think a random color changer might look rough.....

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Translucent target under playfield lit by a specific LED colored light. I hard wire the lights, keep pondering doing sockets for certain projects but it adds to cost. I use an bright 8 SMD LED that is power by 12v. An RGB light would be possible but it has to be 12v to be plug and play.

I personally think the green is the best.

#46 9 years ago

Do you know when these will be officially available for order?
Looks like a nice mod.

#47 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply so quickly ,that sounds perfect. I like the 8 smd, nice and bright. I could check with Art at comet to see if he has any 12volt RGBs. Either way, an impressive mod and I am ready when you are, count me in for sure. I still need to order the emerald city as well . Thx Tim for another great mod from the Mezels.....good job !!!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Translucent target under playfield lit by a specific LED colored light. I hard wire the lights, keep pondering doing sockets for certain projects but it adds to cost. I use an bright 8 SMD LED that is power by 12v. An RGB light would be possible but it has to be 12v to be plug and play.
I personally think the green is the best.

Tim, you have now officially broken my heart picking green over the red (ha)!!!! It's ok....the red is still better ( but I'll keep it to myself)..... ....mark

#49 9 years ago

I'm really hoping you're reading my mind for the next WOZ mod that must be explored by a Team like yours....that Witch!!!.....She's protected, so 3d printing would work...just need something to make her creepier ( maybe a turning head or some kind of mechanics that triggers when she goes up and down).....I know it's crossed your mind.....

#50 9 years ago

MK6PIN,,,,,, I trusted your judgment and requested RED as well.......

Now you have me thinkin'

Hmmmmmmmmm.... I suppose I will have plenty of time to decide. Now, I have to go check my e-mail to see if that time is NOW!

Red, Green, Red, Green,,,,

what to do...

I suppose I will just have to defer to the wife. She always makes the right decision.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-lit-winkie-installedawesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.