Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

So now I hear there is going to be a 2nd round (1000)of limited edition WOZ. Individually numbered. They will be slightly Different than the first 1000. They will sell for $6000 with $200 down.

I wish I knew this before. I kind of feel like I've been played. My deposit is now un-refundable. I've got a Bad taste in my mouth.

Was everyone told this? Did I miss this before?

#2 12 years ago

Hadn't heard. Where did you see this?

#3 12 years ago

Wow, you should not be dissapointed, I am sure that the first version you pre-order is the one that's gonna have all the fun toys and extras.

but that kind of makes me wanna pre order mine now

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Kane:

Hadn't heard. Where did you see this?

Jack announced it today.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Jack announced it today.

where did you see this?

#6 12 years ago

Was that email really talking about a 2nd run or was it talking about the first run?

::rereading the email::

#7 12 years ago

Easy Wes-That's not how I read it at all,I read that the next regular games are going to be numbered.That's all, and they will cost the same as all the LE ones we ordered but will not have all the cool LE-Emerald City stuff.
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=97azmveab&v=001_bhMaCujxE2WzV5Kn4PPymcNkn6bVdK3On_e71FHVJSqROXrYjSdJqmcJor5_k7boftbiykKL9qNwGhjPZ_qrPJDIjWnxD_cGXzxPOWAY9g%3D

#8 12 years ago

You have got the LE for same price as standard edition - don't think you have been played.

As for the 1,000 Emerald City Limited Edition WOZ games, they have all been allocated amongst our distributors. We will have details next week on the Wizard of Oz Pinball and how it is different from the Emerald City Edition. Those will be available for purchase starting on 10/10 for $6500.00 with just a $250.00 deposit and the first 1,000 games will be numbered. Available numbers start at #26.

#9 12 years ago

That's not what he said at all. The Emerald City Limited Edition has all the extra goodies and was $6500 if you pre-ordered before August. Regular price for the ECLE is $7500 if you missed the deadline for the price break. There will only be 1000 ECLEs made.

The regular edition is $6500. You can reserve one by putting down $250. Of the regular editions, the first 1000 will be numbered. They are not limited, and there is no limit to the number of regular models they will make. Jack has said they will make them as long as there is demand.

In summary, all he said was that of the regular production models, the first 1000 will be numbered.

#10 12 years ago

I guess I'll see what the differance is between the two machines before I make judgement.
Maybe I took it the wrong way.

#11 12 years ago

Hmm...$1250 down plus 2k for the next 3 months is tough on the wallet. I want a brand new pin but I am late in finding this all out. Well...I just found pinball as my new hobby so it's all new to me. I wouldn't mind that emerald city version though....wish there was another way to get in on the LE version.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

I guess I'll see what the differance is between the two machines before I make judgement.

All the details of that will be released next week, but here is what has been said so far:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index4.html

In summary:

-Limited to 1,000 games with each game having a special numbered plaque affixed to the game, on the front of the cabinet - # of 1,000 etc....

-Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity by design team with each game. This will be produced in a special collectible way.

-Body armor treated in a special finish that Matt has chosen with Jerry. The four legs, side rails, hinges, lockdown bar, etc.

-The back glass is in a special mirror effect finish.

-A custom Topper which will be unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

-Included Shaker Motor which will be unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

-Non-glare playfield glass

-Goodie-bag, spare parts package, leg protectors

#14 12 years ago

stangbat,you're more thorough than I,I am just posting a few links, but I think we are thinking the exact same thing.
Are you my long lost brother?

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Maybe I took it the wrong way.

Looks that way

I actually think the people who bought LE's at the $6500 have done really well as now people are going to buy the regular version for the same price.

I thought the regular version would have been $5999 or something similar.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looks that way

I actually think the people who bought LE's at the $6500 have done really well as now people are going to buy the regular version for the same price.

I thought the regular version would have been $5999 or something similar.

I thought the regular would be cheaper as well. I'm glad I preordered the Limited Edition WOZ.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

In summary:

-Limited to 1,000 games with each game having a special numbered plaque affixed to the game, on the front of the cabinet - # of 1,000 etc....

-Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity by design team with each game. This will be produced in a special collectible way.

-Body armor treated in a special finish that Matt has chosen with Jerry. The four legs, side rails, hinges, lockdown bar, etc.

-The back glass is in a special mirror effect finish.

-A custom Topper which will be unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

-Included Shaker Motor which will be unique to the Emerald City Limited Edition game.

-Non-glare playfield glass

-Goodie-bag, spare parts package, leg protectors

Game play (rules, etc) and PF features are supposedly going to be the same between the LE and "standard" versions.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Game play (rules, etc) and PF features are supposedly going to be the same between the LE and "standard" versions.

Right but NO NON-glare glass, shaker, topper, backglass, body armor on the standard. Also the standard is the same price as the limited edition preorder price.

#19 12 years ago

It makes sense to me to make 2 Limited Editions.
Folks, Limited means not many produced,
so 1000 of a pin is Limited even if its the worst game ever or just a general game.
Even if they just make 2 limited versions for the whole run of the game
and no low end versions. No one is being played here.

#20 12 years ago

PM me if you want to sell your "preordered the Limited Edition WOZ" position.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

What does this mean? What's the "body armor"?

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I think he is just calling all the typical metal parts mentioned in the second sentence "body armor."

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Bear in mind, the Emerald City LE is actually $7,500. People who ordered early got a $1,000 discount.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I was thinking it was a protective coating.

#25 12 years ago

Man....I wonder if all these add ons will be available after the holidays after it's released. When is the release date anyway? I mean I know the gameplay will be identical but the experience will be totally different IMO...with the shaker and topper....PDI glass...i would want those on mine..haha.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

When is the release date anyway?

Today's update gave a tentative manufacturing date of March 13, 2012.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I assume they mean something like this:

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

Check out pinball add ons link and then go down and like on cirqus voltaire or Iron man. LOTR has a really cool example with the ring's writing on the side rails.

Matt from Back Alley Creations is doing a lot of the nice touches for the game like the tree bumpers, state fair pop bumper cap and much more.

#28 12 years ago

Yeah, there's no 2nd round of LE Woz. Just the standard Woz that Jack is taking pre orders for now. It's not limited to 1000, thats just the starting number. He will make and sell as many as he gets orders for

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-limited-edition-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.