Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by McSirTuna
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2B35DE8E-2B4C-4DE1-8E58-B1FE1C0E2B33 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

My game was built 8/17/15 so I think it has the newest boards. I'm having two issues, one with the left side slingshot light. Whenever it's white, it will stay white for about 2 seconds and then go yellow. If I flip to a different color, it's fine and seems to hold its color. But when I go back to white, it's fine for a few seconds and then goes yellow.

It also looks like my throne room guy isn't lighting up. I can't seem to find a dedicated test for him, but when the little LEDs under him are extremely dim. I chased the wire to the first connection and reseated it, but no change.

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It also looks like my throne room guy isn't lighting up.

Separate lighting system. 12 volt LED strip. If you have 12 volts DC at the connector, you need a new one of these :

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Light-Strip-LED-WoZ-head-etching.html

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Welcome to the WOZ light board issue club!

#4 4 years ago

I’ll grab a multimeter and check it out. Any ideas on the other one that turns yellow?

#5 4 years ago

Looks like I’m only getting about 8.4v to the connector. I tested the spotlight right next to it an am getting 11.5v.

2B35DE8E-2B4C-4DE1-8E58-B1FE1C0E2B33 (resized).jpeg2B35DE8E-2B4C-4DE1-8E58-B1FE1C0E2B33 (resized).jpeg

#6 4 years ago

Looks like I’m only getting about 8.4v to the connector. I tested the spotlight right next to it an am getting 11.5v.

Bad connection somewhere.

LTG : )

#7 4 years ago

I'm having trouble tracing the connection. Do you know where it ends up? It has to plug in somewhere eventually? Maybe I can pull it at the source and test the output pins then follow it out from there.

#8 4 years ago

Classic led lack of voltage issues. White requires The most voltage. The more it drops The mord towards red color then flicker and nothing. If you have flicker but decent voltage, it's probebly The data line..

I asked in Another thread whats on thoose boards, if it aint to much other stuff you can probebly wire it and skip The board.

#9 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Are Therese two on the same board?

#10 4 years ago

The GI is on a board. The Wizard LED strip is just a connector. LTG said they are separate lighting systems.

#11 4 years ago

Maybe follow The wiring with the voltmeter and see if you can locate The drop.
    Is this a singel led?
    If it is and it produces more then one color, there should be three or four wires connected to it, which is important. If there is three, you should be able to lend twelve volts somewhere. If there are four, you pretty much need to find why and where it is dropping.

#12 4 years ago

It's a small LED strip. I was hoping to find the source and could trace it from that point forward.

Looks like all the lighting might come from the back of the big metal box under the PF?

1 month later
    #13 4 years ago

My lights have been out for months. I’m going to take all the cables off and reseed them all to see if any are loose. The cables are a very poor design.

#14 4 years ago

Good luck. I gave up and can’t find the source of my issue. I think the GI board needs to be replaced, but no clue about the throne room guy.

#15 4 years ago

I had the same issue with my Throne room. I disassembled it so the strip was free. Pressing firm on the strip showed me varying levels which told me it was a bad connection inside the strip. You can buy a replacement from JJp. That’s what I did and it’s working as it should now. Disassemble it and fiddle with it to see if you can manipulate the connection.

Good luck

#16 4 years ago

Awesome. Thanks McSirTuna. I’ll give that a shot. I’m trying to figure out an issue with the ramp coil right now.

#17 4 years ago

I had to troubleshoot some lighting issues myself. Had an issue with one of the small GI boards that ended up needing to be replaced. Mine doesn’t have 2.0 boards. If you have the original style and your issue is GI board based, you can get spares of that too. Or swap around to a different similar board and see if the issue moves with the swap to help identify your problem better.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-lighting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.