7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ01 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Is there a way to level the WOZ playfield? Just looking at it you don't really notice anything, but the level shows the playfield itself is slanting down to the right more. I did raise the leg levelers on the right side, that worked but the machine looks weird now, you can tell the legs are raised up on the right. If I put a level on the glass now it is slanted to the left because I raised the legs on the right side, but the playfield as a result is more level. I would like to level the playfield itself. When the winged monkey picks up the ball about 25% of the time it stays up on the castle upper playfield when its dropped. About 75% of the time it drops it and lands perfectly but rolls back down onto the playfield. I believe it is simply because the playfield is not level enough. Adjusting the legs did help a bit, but I think it will solve this issue to level the playfield perfectly.

#2 7 years ago

Monkey drop issue is usually because the monkey goes a shade too far up before he stops, thus the ball drops just a little too high and hits the rounded ball guide and spins back off. Adjust the top monkey microswitch JUST a little so that the monkey stops just a bit sooner and the ball will fall more directly down into place. Also make sure that the small black weatherstrip piece is in the right spot. Bring it away from the rightmost edge so that it kills the balls momentum and keeps it in the "basket" better.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from coder:

Is there a way to level the WOZ playfield? Just looking at it you don't really notice anything, but the level shows the playfield itself is slanting down to the right more. I did raise the leg levelers on the right side, that worked but the machine looks weird now, you can tell the legs are raised up on the right. If I put a level on the glass now it is slanted to the left because I raised the legs on the right side, but the playfield as a result is more level. I would like to level the playfield itself. When the winged monkey picks up the ball about 25% of the time it stays up on the castle upper playfield when its dropped. About 75% of the time it drops it and lands perfectly but rolls back down onto the playfield. I believe it is simply because the playfield is not level enough. Adjusting the legs did help a bit, but I think it will solve this issue to level the playfield perfectly.

Do not level the game by using the glass.
Remove the glass and check the playfield itself.
Set it for 6.5 degrees or a tiny bit more by adjusting the legs.
Further horizontal adjustments can be made by bending or shimming the front playfield support hooks (or even the lock-down bar reciever for that matter), but that should not be neccessary unless there was shipping damage.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from coder:

Posting on my phone so I'll try to be as helpful as possible. But to fix the winged monkey ball dropping, buy a strip or 2 of this stuff called 'drop dead ball foam' from pinbits.com.

Cut a piece off, and lay it flat on top of the factory foam where the ball enters the lock. Fixed my issue completely (500 plays later and counting)

I have a picture of it in the WOZ owners thread. But if I can find it, I'll post it here.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Posting on my phone so I'll try to be as helpful as possible. But to fix the winged monkey ball dropping, buy a strip or 2 of this stuff called 'drop dead ball foam' from pinbits.com.
Cut a piece off, and lay it flat on top of the factory foam where the ball enters the lock. Fixed my issue completely (500 plays later and counting)
I have a picture of it in the WOZ owners thread. But if I can find it, I'll post it here.

Yes, pictures please so I can see what you are talking about. This is the only issue I have with my RR WOZ, I want to figure it out, been bugging me for months. Thanks.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Monkey drop issue is usually because the monkey goes a shade too far up before he stops, thus the ball drops just a little too high and hits the rounded ball guide and spins back off. Adjust the top monkey microswitch JUST a little so that the monkey stops just a bit sooner and the ball will fall more directly down into place. Also make sure that the small black weatherstrip piece is in the right spot. Bring it away from the rightmost edge so that it kills the balls momentum and keeps it in the "basket" better.

The monkey does not go too far on mine. It drops the ball perfectly in the spot it is supposed to. Gravity just causes it to roll off. Like I said, I think its because the playfield is not perfectly level.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Do not level the game by using the glass.
Remove the glass and check the playfield itself.
Set it for 6.5 degrees or a tiny bit more by adjusting the legs.
Further horizontal adjustments can be made by bending or shimming the front playfield support hooks (or even the lock-down bar reciever for that matter), but that should not be neccessary unless there was shipping damage.

What I did was...
Took off the glass, checked the playfield itself in several spots and found out it is slightly lower on the right side of the playfield.
Put the glass back on the, used a larger level across the red side rails (not the glass itself). The machine itself was perfectly level.
So I raised the legs on the right side, now the machine itself is not level, but the playfield is more level than it was.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from coder:

Yes, pictures please so I can see what you are talking about. This is the only issue I have with my RR WOZ, I want to figure it out, been bugging me for months. Thanks.

Here you go. See the black foam right on top? thats it, 100% solved problem!

WOZ01 (resized).jpgWOZ01 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from coder:

What I did was...
Took off the glass, checked the playfield itself in several spots and found out it is slightly lower on the right side of the playfield.
Put the glass back on the, used a larger level across the red side rails (not the glass itself). The machine itself was perfectly level.
So I raised the legs on the right side, now the machine itself is not level, but the playfield is more level than it was.

Its only important that the playfield is level.
Cosmetically if the playfield isn't as level to the cabinet as you would like, then adjustments would need to be made as far as how it fits inside.

1 year later
#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This was my exact issue as well. As you suggested, I bent the micro switch a "tiny" bit and now my ball is landing perfectly every time. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-leveling-the-playfield?hl=kickthefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.