View topic image gallery

JIMP.jpeg
ELV0078.jpg
The_IT_Crowd.jpg
drunkspiderman-770797.jpg
misscleo.jpeg
34.jpg
#1 12 years ago

This popped into my inbox literally 20 minutes ago, so woohoo, first poster! JJP has revealed the entire left side of the Wizard of Oz playfield.

34.jpg34.jpg

Hello Pinball Fans!

Today Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is proud to unveil the left side of the playfield of the Wizard of Oz Pinball.

This game is really packed from bottom to top with lots of mechanical toys and features which all add up to great game play and fun.

From the bottom up, last week we revealed the State Fair Balloon Bumper. This is a game below the game and spelling targets encourage the player to nudge the ball using that bumper as a flipper and trying to save the ball by returning it back up the lane into play or earn a qualifying game or even to get another ball awarded.

Moving up we now see the Crystal Ball Spinner shot that ties a spinning target to the Crystal Ball that will enable mystery awards and other qualified awards.

Next we see the three haunted Forest Tree Bumpers and some rollovers representing the main characters in the forest which reward point value and awards to the player.

Matt will be sculpting all of these bumpers so they are unique and add another dimension to the game.
Next we find the Wicked Witch of the West on the edge of the Haunted Forest where she will appear and disappear messing with the player. There are skill shots to hit her and make her melt into the playfield.

The upper left playfield is the Witch's Castle. Once up there you will have different opportunities for scoring and mode advancement. The player must also open the doors of the castle to rescue the Dorothy captive ball.
There is also a Winkie Guard drop target preventing you from entering the Witch's Castle so you will have to get by him somehow to get up to that Witch's Castle.

Many elements of the left side of the playfield represent the "Evil darker side" of the story we tell. Next we will show you more of the right side of the playfield.

Remember that there are only a few days left to reserve your game at the Pre-Order price of $6500.00

More updates are coming and next we begin to announce our factory authorized distributors in the US and Internationally.

I have to say, very very nice work! I really like how the dark/hero contrast continuous to emanate throughout the gameplay, and even on the playfield! The Wicked Witch is positioned perfectly in front of the castle, and it seems you have to get past a guard to even get to it.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=97azmveab&v=001_bDIN3xz3MznHhzYWr2Cu3Uo0gs1_cP8hZepl15RVh0zWGbu4tOrOCe6WDhHqthtV1lyf4Lp-d-6e1y2QIiWxNprgA1TAlG-6vpY3mBDdbWyUcUUjayhSw%3D%3D

#2 12 years ago

Got the email too.....pin is looking sicker with each update. I bet he gets a Few more pre-orders when people get a look at that playfield.

#3 12 years ago

See the House/Munchkinland ? He tossed in something from the other side of the playfield as a bonus teaser !!! (Since he released it I can now reveal that)

As you can see the circle arrow .. the house spins like it was in a tornado.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Brokedad:

! (Since he released it I can now reveal that)

Loose lips sink ships BD!!!

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Loose lips sink ships BD!!! []

Loose lips also are a part of hookers and women who have given birth

(I know you've seen the whole PF too Nimble .. I'm still so proud of all the Pinsiders who kept it all quiet and let him reveal as desired)

#6 12 years ago

I bet this will add some more orders before the price goes up.
GO JJ!

#7 12 years ago

For sure, now prospective buyers will have a bigger than ever sample of what they will be getting. Planned just in time to be within 5 days of the preorder price cutoff, eh Jack?

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Brokedad:

Loose lips also are a part of hookers

...who know you on a first name basis!

Bazinga!!!

#9 12 years ago

Flying Monkeys at top of playfield....love the monkeys! Spinning house, very cool...

#81 for me, gotta believe 1,000 will be gone before production since over 500 have already been sold...

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

gotta believe 1,000 will be gone before production since over 500 have already been sold...

I believe so too!If my finances were better......

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

#81 for me, gotta believe 1,000 will be gone before production since over 500 have already been sold...

A few days ago, it was over 700 according to JJ.

#12 12 years ago

The machine seems to be loaded with gimmicks. But, will people like the look of the game and, will it be fun? We don´t know yet.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from pinjunkie07:

will people like the look of the game and, will it be fun? We don´t know yet.

It will be great! Very GOOD and experienced pinball team with Jack's financial backing and desire to make the best pin possible no matter how long it takes=1 of the best pins EVER!!!

#14 12 years ago

Looking good so far it kinda looks like TZ mini playfield

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from pinjunkie07:

The machine seems to be loaded with gimmicks

I believe they are well thought out additions to a complete package,This appears to be the next great invention after the wheel.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

This appears to be the next great invention after the wheel.

Next Generation of Pinball

#17 12 years ago

I just have a feeling that these guys are gonna build us an amazing game. I am so glad I got into pinball this past year. What a cool time to get involved.

#18 12 years ago

You are "in before (Kevin) Flynn" coast!
I've said it before, I'll say it again...
"Pinball Renaissance 2.0!"
Callin' it...

"Call me nooow- for your free Tarot reading!"

misscleo.jpegmisscleo.jpeg

#19 12 years ago

Same here Coasterguy. What a great time to 'get into' pins!!!

I got into this stuff only last September by buying a NIB Avatar. I now have 8 pins and will have #120 of WOZ. I am really excited! Hell, at my old age I feel I had better take it all in now while I've got a chance!!! It is amazing all I have learned during these past 9 or so months. I've talked with some of the best in the business and have gotten to know a lot of 'pin people'. Just sitting here thinking . . . I have had Trent in my home playing my pins, Sealclubber here in my house, coming all the way from Alaska, and I've been to Mike Chestnut's house many times. Plus, JJ even emails me and I've had numerous occassions to talk with him on the phone. I feel like I have hit Nirvana!!!! My wife thinks I'm just f'ing nuts! She can't understand HOW or WHY a 63 year old man would enjoy this 'kid stuff', as she calls it! Humph!!!!!

For only the second time since I've owned my Avatar I got Final Battle/Wizard Mode today and when I walked out of the game room overjoyed with my accomplishment, I told her with great excitement about what I had just done. She said: "Well, Mr. Wizard . . . the garbage needs taking out, and you could have used some of that energy you just wasted pulling weeds out by the shed!!!" As she scurrys by my head spins around and I TILT!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

She said: "Well, Mr. Wizard . . . the garbage needs taking out,

If your marriage is strong Pintucky and she has a sense of humor-
Your line should be...

"Well get in the bag- I ain't got ALL day!!!"
Pins to play... Pins to play.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

pulling weeds out by the shed!!!

On a side note BD loves this pastime... Hire him!
You can pay with "Munchies"...

#22 12 years ago

This makes me feel even better about my pre-order. Can't wait to see the other side of the playfield.

#23 12 years ago

"I just have a feeling that these guys are gonna build us an amazing game. I am so glad I got into pinball this past year. What a cool time to get involved."

Ditto that, NIB LOTR LE and WOZ soon to be.....maybe Transformers, definitely TSSP and certainly the second edition of JJ .......

#24 12 years ago

I can't get the "Quote selected text" to work with my Mac! WTF, I'm sure it's operator error

#25 12 years ago

I'm sure it's operator error

How many times iceman, have we told you not to drink the whole bottle while surfing Pinside!?!?

Just look at how smassa turned out last year at the game!!!

drunkspiderman-770797.jpgdrunkspiderman-770797.jpg

You have been warned!

#26 12 years ago

I can't get the "Quote selected text" to work with my Mac! WTF, I'm sure it's operator error ...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

The_IT_Crowd.jpgThe_IT_Crowd.jpg

#27 12 years ago

Funny guys! Sometimes I feel like I just lost my head.........?

ELV0078.jpgELV0078.jpg

#28 12 years ago

It's TSPP 2.0.

TSPP similarities:
drop target to upper shot (just like garage)
middle shot to left upper playfield
pop bumpers in the same spot
witch instead of comic book guy
has upper playfield with targets (though letters instead of locks/mystery) and a loop around shot

Lots of similarities. Same designer and same programmer as well, lol. So I think 'tspp 2.0' is very appropriate. I think it's also apparent that if you don't like TSPP because of it's flow and long games, you're probably not going to like this game either.

#29 12 years ago

I have a lot of confidence in the JJ team.
The plan from the start was to make the best pinball machine ever. He has made that very clear. He has also made clear that this pin is being made for collectors not operators. With that in mind I'm expecting the best dam pinball machine I have ever played.
some will hate it before they even play it but I don't care about them. It's about me and I'm expecting a great game and I know jj and his team will do everything they can....they're business depends on it. Everything I have seen so far is already great. 3 levels of play! Flying monkey's! Witches castle! Haunted forest pop bumpers. The pop bumper in the outlane! Is it 5 or 6 flippers?

This is the pinball machine we've all been waiting 13 years for....well maybe not the EM guys.
Take your time do it right and blow us away. It's looking great so far.

I'm expecting the best game ever made. A pinball expiriance that will give you an orgasm.

Did I go to far? I'm excited.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

I have a lot of confidence in the JJ team.
The plan from the start was to make the best pinball machine ever. He has made that very clear. He has also made clear that this pin is being made for collectors not operators. With that in mind I'm expecting the best dam pinball machine I have ever played.
some will hate it before they even play it but I don't care about them. It's about me and I'm expecting a great game and I know jj and his team will do everything they can....they're business depends on it. Everything I have seen so far is already great. 3 levels of play! Flying monkey's! Witches castle! Haunted forest pop bumpers. The pop bumper in the outlane! Is it 5 or 6 flippers?

This is the pinball machine we've all been waiting 13 years for....well maybe not the EM guys.
Take your time do it right and blow us away. It's looking great so far.

I'm expecting the best game ever made. A pinball expiriance that will give you an orgasm.

Did I go to far? I'm excited.

I would expect the game to be the best since TSPP after what I've seen so far. There is no 'best game ever' that will please everyone, but it looks like it should be really fun. Since the core team is the TSPP team, another game of that nature would be great.

I liken it to the AFM/MM, where they took the original concept (AFM) and then made a 2nd game the same way only bigger/deeper. This looks to be going down a similar path, which would be really cool.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Just look at how smassa turned out last year at the game!!!

LOL

#32 12 years ago

JIMP.jpegJIMP.jpeg

Well put wes!
Too much and you will go blind...
But that's O.K.-
Chris Granner's got your back for the audio!

#33 12 years ago

Making me want to order one!

#34 12 years ago

What's with the habitrail that wraps around the Crystal Ball? Is that an upkick? Looks like it sort of merges in to the left return lane.

#35 12 years ago

I was thinking the same thing....reminds me a bit of TSPP and that's fine with me because I love that game!....but this will be TSPP 10.0

#36 12 years ago

If they can make this game as deep as TSPP but at the same time make it a bit more accessible and fun for casual players, it's going to be an absolutely fantastic pin. I'm still a little worried about the artwork though. I simply don't like the trend towards photoshopped vs. silk screen art that games have taken in the last decade.

#37 12 years ago

That looks b e a u t i f u l!

I love the idea of the pop bumper in the outlane - i just hope it works out as well in practice as it looks like it will! Wish ordering one was in the cards (or rather budget).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-left-side-of-playfield-revealed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.