View topic image gallery

20181201_184225 (resized).jpg
20181201_184221 (resized).jpg
20181122_230541 (resized).jpg
20181201_182247 (resized).jpg
IMG_4153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4152 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have a WOZ ECLE with 2.0 light board upgrade (which I did not perform). It's been working fine with 6.x software for about 8 months since I bought it. Played a game on 6.x SW immediately before upgrade, and everything worked as expected. I upgraded the SW from 6.8.x to 7.0.4 (full install) today. After upgrade, everything seems to have worked OK based on 1 quick play test. I removed the witch plastic cage and lifted the playfield to adjust the witch on her rods. When I put the playfield back down, and tested the game, I noted that none of the LEDs were working as expected. Wrong colors, wrong (or none) showing for specific events.

Tested most switches, and everything seems OK.
Started testing single LEDs, and none of the expected LEDs light for the listed test (something else will light).

Ran LED test (all) and all LEDs are on, for white. When I change colors using enter button, they do not match. So, I get the following:

White->all show White
Red-> all show Blue
Green-> all show Red
Blue-> all show Green

Maybe it was the SW upgrade, or maybe I bumped a cable when I lifted the playfield. I've been looking at the jumpers between boards, etc, looking for something loose, but cannot see anything yet.

Can someone help me solve this, or point me in the right direction? I see lots of posts, but haven't come across my problem yet.

Thanks,

-Adam

IMG_4151 (resized).jpegIMG_4151 (resized).jpegIMG_4152 (resized).jpegIMG_4152 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

I followed cables from the JJP lighting hub that is mounted in the middle (photo in my 1st post). All *seem* OK. Here is a photo where I try to show all the lights on (blue shows better than white).

IMG_4153 (resized).jpgIMG_4153 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

If you look at the change log for 7.04 it states,
- It is possible on Gen1 motherboards with 2.0 lighting that your lights
will not appear to be in the right place. A single reboot will fix this
problem. It may occur again if settings are reset or drive is re-imaged.

Thanks for pointing that out, generalgman . Whoops. It took a few reboots, and eventually unplugging the machine for a minute and then letting the full attract sequence run a couple of times solved the problem.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Let me tell you, this upgrade was one I will never forget. Tons of cutting and ripping of stuff.

I knew that installation of WOZ 2.0 lighting upgrade was a bear, and your pics make it even more obvious, @fordiesel69. That's why I only looked at used WOZ's with the 2.0 lighting upgrade already installed. That, and it could take a while to get the 2.0 lighting upgrade kit - JJP shows them out of stock, but as of ~1 year ago they seem build them to order (as I read on another thread).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-leds-wrong-color-and-locations-after-704-upgrade?tu=Adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.