• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ PHOF 9-17-13-429.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mantra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

Its hard to tell from a picture since the LED's cycle, but in the manual checkout page C-50 which has a connection diagram for the LED boards. Since its one big serial chain you should see what the last board that is working and its probably the next GI board. From the picture could be board 20 or 21. You can skip a dead GI board which will bring the rest up but they won't have the correct colors. Just a way to verify it is that particular GI board.
Once you find out ping lloyd JJP will send you a new one super fast.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from flukevfx:

Yep. Now it looks like they are dead. I'm in LED test mode and these are the only lights that work now.

Yours looks like either board 16,17 or 18. You will have to look under the playfield and see. Like I said you can skip it if you don't have a replacement handy until one comes in. The colors may not match but its more playable than having no leds on half the PF

#17 10 years ago

Yeah I'm on GI board number 6. four of them where board #16..put one of the new designs in so far so good.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from flukevfx:

Thanks everyone. In order to figure out what board is bad, is it just trial and error? By skipping the board, do you mean unplug board 16 for example and go directly from 15 to 17?

You can figure it out by looking at page C-50 in the manual. This has a diagram of the serial LED board chain which has arrows directing you from board to board. If one of the boards dies in that chain...everything behind that board will be out. So I would look at that diagram and follow the working LEDs to the first board (which is likely a small GI board) that is not working. Once you find it that's probably your issue. You can skip that board by taking it out of the serial chain... so the output from the previous board would plug into the input (output is green input is red cable end) of the board after the failed one. Basically skip it...the rest of the playfield should come on. As I said the colors won't match but that will verify that board is dead and you can still play.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea. Service is fine. But for me boards go out every single week. The game is getting a ton of visibility for always being broken. I've taken it to shows and it breaks there. I emailed JJP about a more permanent fix for my machine but no one responds.

I would hope JJP would replace your GI boards with the new design. Assuming the small GI boards are the ones always dieing I would think JJP would take care of you. Shoot call Jack directly I bet you get what you need. Good luck I hope you get it dialed in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mantra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-leds-locked-up?tu=mantra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.