Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JR_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WOZ PHOF 9-17-13-429.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Are you able to help me get an entire set replaced and new power supply?

I don't think anybody can do that. You'll most likely have to do what we all have been doing. Every time something goes, you replace it. And you can rest easy in the fact that you'll probably upgrade most of your machine before the one year warranty is up. It'll be like having a new machine a whole year after you bought it!

(And btw...don't get pissed off at me - I'm right there with you. I've got 3 tickets open at the moment!)

#52 6 years ago

I've had all my boards and power supply changed out as well.
No issues now,or ever I hope
Jay Richardson Pinball,is my supplier.
He made sure I wouldn't have future issues.

#53 6 years ago

Fifteen just went out on mine Saturday Lloyd and Vincent are sending out a replacement, though. What a relief to see such good support on a weekend....

#54 6 years ago

So far no problems on mine. Probably just jinxed myself there.
One thing I would like to see in these threads is.. When you have the board issue can you let us know when you got your game? It would be helpfull to see if the problem has been fixed for all users with the last upgrade to 7 volt.

Thanks

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

A few 7v boards in the normal trouble spots will rectify the problems permanently. That's the fix for all machines.

So why haven't all the owners been sent a set of these new boards?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So why haven't all the owners been sent a set of these new boards?

They are being sent if they go bad. I think it is just figuring out where in the chain the issue is. On mine it was #15 and only #15. If it turns out that another is bad I'm sure they will replace it but I don't see a need to swap out all the boards if only one or two will fix it.

#57 6 years ago

It sounds as though some people that are having several failures are rotating their boards when they get a redesigned replacement so the old design is in the common failure spot (15).

#58 6 years ago

Well now I am starting to get worried. I am expecting to get a NIB WOZ Standard later this month. Is this what I can expect? I don't want to go through the Avengers thing again. Is it worth the chance?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Well now I am starting to get worried. I am expecting to get a NIB WOZ Standard later this month. Is this what I can expect? I don't want to go through the Avengers thing again. Is it worth the chance?

The problem was with the first and second generation of some of the single RGB led boards. I got my game August 5th so had the earlier version of the boards. I would certainly expect them to be shipping out games now that have working boards.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Relax! My WOZ made in late Sept has had zero issues (I assume that all the games now have the upgraded boards)

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Relax! My WOZ made in late Sept has had zero issues (I assume that all the games now have the upgraded boards)

They do.

#62 6 years ago

Yes, I tell people who haven't gotten their game, it's probably for the better as issues are found and changed before they get their game.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You haven't emailed me? The permanent fix is to replace the 3 constant problem boards with the 7 volt boards and the problem is rectified. We have not had a single 7 volt board fail.

Alex, did you get my PM? Is there a way to get the 3 replacement 7 volt boards you spoke of earlier to replace the constant failing boards?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It sounds as though some people that are having several failures are rotating their boards when they get a redesigned replacement so the old design is in the common failure spot (15).

If the old design is prone to failure and JJP isn't proactively sending out replacements, it makes sense from an owner's perspective to try to get the old boards to fail while under warranty. It seems counter-intuitive, though.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If the old design is prone to failure...

Since when are the new designed boards built-in?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Alex, did you get my PM? Is there a way to get the 3 replacement 7 volt boards you spoke of earlier to replace the constant failing boards?

Only if the boards are currently dead. It doesn't effect all boards.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think anybody can do that. You'll most likely have to do what we all have been doing. Every time something goes, you replace it. And you can rest easy in the fact that you'll probably upgrade most of your machine before the one year warranty is up. It'll be like having a new machine a whole year after you bought it!
(And btw...don't get pissed off at me - I'm right there with you. I've got 3 tickets open at the moment!)

I pushed back the delivery of my game because I had an idea that there may be problems with a new company and new technology. It was obvious that Jack was taking a lot of heat for not having the game ship when he hoped and it would be likely that with that much pressure there would be issues.

A lot of folks want their game ASAP, I'll wait a bit longer till more of the problems are resolved. I appreciate all you early owners working out the bugs for us yet to receive our games.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

I pushed back the delivery of my game because I had an idea that there may be problems with a new company and new technology. It was obvious that Jack was taking a lot of heat for not having the game ship when he hoped and it would be likely that with that much pressure there would be issues.
A lot of folks want their game ASAP, I'll wait a bit longer till more of the problems are resolved. I appreciate all you early owners working out the bugs for us yet to receive our games.

Very smart move. The same thing happened with the Tesla S automobile. They had a limited edition come out first and those folks had lots of issues. Not downing JJP at all, just saying that it's smart to wait until the bugs are worked out. I may do the same thing with the Hobbit for my own comfort.

By the way, I got a shipment notice for some cables and GI boards. I was only expecting cables. I'm hoping to solve the issues this week as I haven't been able to try 1.22. Thanks Alex if you had anything to do with the boards.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Very smart move. The same thing happened with the Tesla S automobile. They had a limited edition come out first and those folks had lots of issues. Not downing JJP at all, just saying that it's smart to wait until the bugs are worked out. I may do the same thing with the Hobbit for my own comfort.
By the way, I got a shipment notice for some cables and GI boards. I was only expecting cables. I'm hoping to solve the issues this week as I haven't been able to try 1.22. Thanks Alex if you had anything to do with the boards.

#70 6 years ago

I lucked out--my game was made in late Sept, just after they switched fully to the redesigned LED boards and power supply. Have not heard of any other significant issues in WOZ apart from that.

#71 6 years ago

how can you tell the new boards apart from the old? are they marked?

#72 6 years ago

I believe the new boards have white LEDs whereas the old LEDs were black.

#73 6 years ago

From what someone else said, just flip up the playfield. If the writing on the boards is right side up as you look at them, it is the new boards.

#74 6 years ago

The new boards also have 7.5 volts written on them.

#75 6 years ago

Don't hold your breath about getting the newer boards in your games. I had a second WOZ come in with born date of late September and was shocked to see the old boards installed. There was a different power supply. But the boards are still failing. JJP won't proactively send out the newer 7.5v boards only replace the broken ones.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Don't hold your breath about getting the newer boards in your games. I had a second WOZ come in with born date of late September and was shocked to see the old boards installed. There was a different power supply. But the boards are still failing. JJP won't proactively send out the newer 7.5v boards only replace the broken ones.

I believe that late Sept. was right around the switch over to the new boards.

#77 6 years ago

Mine was built 9/23/13 and had the old boards (and shortly thereafter a #15 failure).

#78 6 years ago

How long do they take to get? Been waiting a few days.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from sfish:

3-5 days

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from sfish:

This depends where you live. I'm in Jersey, so next day. You're in MN, so you should just have Lloyd walk a set over to you...

#81 6 years ago

Yea !

#82 6 years ago

Mine was #15, & a few GI ones. Put my spare one in for #15 & everything is ok until replacement boards arrive. I went #14 to #16, throws off the light colors by one.

#83 6 years ago

Got my replacement board today! Thanks again to Alex and JJP for the extremely fast service I won't have a chance to switch the board out until this weekend, but will let everyone know how it goes.

#84 6 years ago

Easy fix, know problem, been addressed with redesigned GI boards.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Doh! Mine was being played today, and almost the exact same thing, but mine included the TOTO rollovers. Rebooting it cures it for about a minute, and then same thing.

And just to follow up on my issue, It was acting like cracked solder, a bad connector, or a bad cable. One of those "press here on the board and it works" things. I hate those kinds of problems, and fortunately, Lloyd agreed the best solution was to just replace the board and the cable. Poof, they shipped today and I'll be happy before the weekend.

1 week later
#86 6 years ago

My game was early August build. I received some new ones, but there are more going bad all over the place.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My game was early August build. I received some new ones, but there are more going bad all over the place.

They have an improved design since late September.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from flukevfx:

Yep. Now it looks like they are dead. I'm in LED test mode and these are the only lights that work now.

image.jpg 1 MB

Exact same LEDs that were out on the WOZ at the PHOF when I played it in Sept:WOZ PHOF 9-17-13-429.jpg

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Exact same LEDs that were out on the WOZ at the PHOF when I played it in Sept:

WOZ PHOF 9-17-13-429.jpg 952 KB

That is probably the LED board 15 that was failing with so many of the early games. The new LED board design is supposed to cure that problem.

#90 6 years ago

Yup. Looks like the issue I had with board 15. Replaced mine last weekend and got it working again.

#91 6 years ago

I bets its circuit #26 that needs to be replaced. Once replaced, everything will work. Again my guess is #26 needs to be replace. Report back once JJP sends you a new circuit for free.

Tim

#92 6 years ago

Still trying to figure out all my problems now with the cd manual.

#93 6 years ago

With all this talk nobody seems to mention what exactly is failing from an electrical engineering standpoint. The serial interface? Programmable PWM chip? Is it a power supply problem?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

With all this talk nobody seems to mention what exactly is failing from an electrical engineering standpoint. The serial interface? Programmable PWM chip? Is it a power supply problem?

My understanding is that the last few LED boards in the string were seeing a spike that was damaging those last few boards. The EE for JJP re-designed the boards to have a higher voltage rating and probably some additional protection and they seem to be the cure for the original design problems.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still trying to figure out all my problems now with the cd manual.

Here is the link to the latest version of the manual. Why don't you print out a copy?

Also, your "Collection" does not list your WOZ so you may want to update that as well.

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

#96 6 years ago

So to tell the diffrence between the old and newly redesigned boards... Old boards have black body's on the LED new have white body's? Any other way of telling them apart?

#97 6 years ago

Any other way of telling them apart?

The old ones fail.

#98 6 years ago

So to tell the diffrence between the old and newly redesigned boards... Old boards have black body's on the LED new have white body's? Any other way of telling them apart?

The new boards have 7.5 volts written on them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside